🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

Thats right he mechanized something the slaves had been using and took credit for the entire concept. If there was an prior invention in India why is Eli credited with inventing it? A link to that Indian one would be a nice touch. Sounds interesting.

Afrocentric nonsense. He built a better mouse trap.

Par for the course privileged BS. He stole the idea and supposedly built a better mouse trap. Doesn't mean he invented it. i wouldn't be surprised if the improvement was also the work of a Black man. They stole more than just that concept and got credit for it. You have to remember slaves were property back then and were not allowed to file for patents.

it is amazing you believe what you post.

I'm curious, Asclepis...I assume you're talking about the Egyptians here? Or perhaps the Carthaginians? While it is true that they both existed on the African continent they are both more Mediterranean influenced than the continent of Africa itself. Great civilizations at that time grew up because they occupied trade routes or important waterways. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any civilizations in Africa that were removed from the Mediterranean or the Nile river valley that the Greeks philosophers were clamoring to learn from.

I'm really glad you pointed that out. I was hoping Rabbi would have the wit to come up with it. That assumption is false. Aristotle himself said the Egyptians were Black. To go back even further the Nubian Empires preceded the Egyptian ones and laid the foundation for the Egyptian empire.

Aristotle, one of the greatest of Greek philosophers, wrote in Physiognomonica that "the Ethiopians and Egyptians are very black". Herodotus (also a Greek historian) adds that the ancient Egyptians had "black skin and wooly hair".

With all due respect for both Aristotle and Herodotus...the Egyptians themselves considered themselves to be "brown"...a mix between the cultures that surrounded them. I think if you go and look you can find Egyptian murals that depict the different peoples that surrounded Egypt as well as the Egyptians themselves. The Nubian empire did indeed contribute to the genetic makeup of Egypt but so did some Arab empires to it's west.

Thats true later on but I am speaking about the original settlers of Kemet or in other words ancient Egypt. Those people ranged from light brown to dark skinned Africans. Makes complete sense when you realize in our DNA is the basis for all the different shades the human race comes in. That's why you can see pure Africans in a variety of hues to this day. Its not just color however. Its customs and dress. There is an African tribe called the Xhosa for instance that dress almost identically to the ancient Egyptians to this day. Its too much proof to ignore for me.

Afrocentric nonsense. He built a better mouse trap.

Par for the course privileged BS. He stole the idea and supposedly built a better mouse trap. Doesn't mean he invented it. i wouldn't be surprised if the improvement was also the work of a Black man. They stole more than just that concept and got credit for it. You have to remember slaves were property back then and were not allowed to file for patents.

Its more amazing you dont.

Certainly NOT with what went on yesterday...and the 'O' blew it. He had to bring up class warfare (for a later thread)...I digress.

RUSH: We got time to squeeze this in by Martin Luther King, at a Philadelphia junior high school in 1967. Listen closely.

KING: What I'm saying to you this morning, my friends: Even if it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, go out and sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures! Sweep streets like Handel and Beethoven composed music. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well!" If you can't be a pine on the top of a hill, be a scrub in the valley, but be the best little scrub on the side of the rill. Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a highway, just be a trail. If you can't be a sun, be a star. It isn't by size that you win or you fail; be the best at whatever that you are!

RUSH: Sounds to me like the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King believed in the American dream in 1966, '67. It sounds to me like he believed in the American dream.

*I* happen to agree. MLK was all about integration and would be horrified to see who has taken up his cause today, and what they've done to it. He'd blast every single one of them

These people that practice the race baiting and division have an axe to grind, and are such horrible human beings they have to justify their relevance by keeping the pot stirred. Obama led that charge again yesterday.

The American Dream is Not Dead

On a related note:

Dr. King was About Integration, Not Division

Great thread Frankster!

What do you think Martin Luther King would make of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? You've got a couple of guys who have milked racism like the family cow for 45 years now. I've got a feeling MLK would tell them to shut up and get a real job and he'd tell Jesse Jackson Jr. that he should be ashamed of himself.

Martin-Luther-King-and-Jesse-Jackson-Last-Speech.jpg

they said the same thing about MLK. I know, I know theres ONE acceptable negro out there fighting for blacks you just havent found him yet, right?

Gee, Closed...did you just play the race card? I take it you're doing so because you naturally assume that as a conservative that I'm a bible thumping racist? Here's a little back story for you. I grew up in Amherst, Ma....probably one of the more liberal towns in the entire nation. The minorities that I knew growing up were for the most part the sons and daughters of college professors or administrators. I don't view blacks as "inferior" nor "ignorant" or any of the other stereotypes you mistakenly think all conservatives hold...because I know from personal experience that blacks are not.

I have a lot of respect for Martin Luther King. I have very little for Jesse Jackson and none at all for his son. Jesse and Jesse Jr. took MLK's legacy and turned it into a cottage industry for their own enrichment.

Dont buy the everything was stolen from the black man argument.

No, I'm laughing at the moron who thinks he knows something and yet cannot defend his position.

I dont need to defend anything though. Youre the one saying the Greek philosophers didnt travel to Africa to learn at the feet of Africans. I know history has been altered but I thought that at the very least was common knowledge. What are they teaching you these days in that scholarly environment you say you stay in?

And once again, Asclepias...are you assigning the term "Africans" to the Egyptians? The Nubian empire didn't really come into it's own until after Egypt became firmly established...and then only because it was the main conduit for Egyptian trading with the interior of Africa.

Thats because Egypt is in Africa. Why would i call them something else? I know youve been taught to separate Egypt from Africa but if you look on a map low and behold its there. Do you realize that there are pyramids in what was Nubia that predate the Egyptian ones? You guys have been told a lie. Dont compound it by denying it. Look for yourselves.

I'm really glad you pointed that out. I was hoping Rabbi would have the wit to come up with it. That assumption is false. Aristotle himself said the Egyptians were Black. To go back even further the Nubian Empires preceded the Egyptian ones and laid the foundation for the Egyptian empire.

With all due respect for both Aristotle and Herodotus...the Egyptians themselves considered themselves to be "brown"...a mix between the cultures that surrounded them. I think if you go and look you can find Egyptian murals that depict the different peoples that surrounded Egypt as well as the Egyptians themselves. The Nubian empire did indeed contribute to the genetic makeup of Egypt but so did some Arab empires to it's west.

Thats true later on but I am speaking about the original settlers of Kemet or in other words ancient Egypt. Those people ranged from light brown to dark skinned Africans. Makes complete sense when you realize in our DNA is the basis for all the different shades the human race comes in. That's why you can see pure Africans in a variety of hues to this day. Its not just color however. Its customs and dress. There is an African tribe called the Xhosa for instance that dress almost identically to the ancient Egyptians to this day. Its too much proof to ignore for me.

Did the Xhosa adapt the dress of the Egyptians...or did the Egyptians adapt the dress of the Xhosa? When one culture trades with another it's almost a given that they will absorb customs of new trading partners. As I said before the Nubian empire really only flourished when the Egyptians used them as a means to trade with interior Africa. As the dominant culture in that part of the world one would think that Egypt's influence would have seeped into most of the people's that surrounded them.

What do you think Martin Luther King would make of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? You've got a couple of guys who have milked racism like the family cow for 45 years now. I've got a feeling MLK would tell them to shut up and get a real job and he'd tell Jesse Jackson Jr. that he should be ashamed of himself.

they said the same thing about MLK. I know, I know theres ONE acceptable negro out there fighting for blacks you just havent found him yet, right?

Gee, Closed...did you just play the race card? I take it you're doing so because you naturally assume that as a conservative that I'm a bible thumping racist? Here's a little back story for you. I grew up in Amherst, Ma....probably one of the more liberal towns in the entire nation. The minorities that I knew growing up were for the most part the sons and daughters of college professors or administrators. I don't view blacks as "inferior" nor "ignorant" or any of the other stereotypes you mistakenly think all conservatives hold...because I know from personal experience that blacks are not.

I have a lot of respect for Martin Luther King. I have very little for Jesse Jackson and none at all for his son. Jesse and Jesse Jr. took MLK's legacy and turned it into a cottage industry for their own enrichment.

If by playing the race card you mean pointing out actual history. Then yeah..

I don't know you or if you thump the bible or not. Lets start there. Don't assume.

Now, since it seems you are a logical person. I know you cannot believe that I'm saying that 100% of Cons are racist, right? In case you didn't, when I say birds fly...I'm saying in general and don't need a discussion about the Ostrich.

...And that is the same thing they said about King. Which goes back to my first point...There isn't one black person breathing that fights on behalf of blacks that are embraced by whites.

So far, the fact that not ONE NAME has been thrown into an open ended question should tell you that is true.

Dont buy that Black Africa was not the foundation of all knowledge.

All knowledge? Really? I hate to burst your bubble here, Asclepias but "knowledge" developed in many different places than just in Africa. Mesopotamia for one...China for another. Herding of cattle was something that came from the Far East...not Africa. You've decided to bend history to suit your own rather biased viewpoint. Quite frankly...I'm not seeing it.

Did the Xhosa adapt the dress of the Egyptians...or did the Egyptians adapt the dress of the Xhosa? When one culture trades with another it's almost a given that they will absorb customs of new trading partners. As I said before the Nubian empire really only flourished when the Egyptians used them as a means to trade with interior Africa. As the dominant culture in that part of the world one would think that Egypt's influence would have seeped into most of the people's that surrounded them.

The Xhosa are from South Africa. Somebody visited the other. Unclear who.

jevy0JC.jpg
[/IMG]

As far as the Egyptians seeping into the Nubians how do you explain the Nubian pyramids predating the Egyptian ones?

I don't know you or if you thump the bible or not. Lets start there. Don't assume.

Now, since it seems you are a logical person. I know you cannot believe that I'm saying that 100% of Cons are racist, right? In case you didn't, when I say birds fly...I'm saying in general and don't need a discussion about the Ostrich.

...And that is the same thing they said about King. Which goes back to my first point...There isn't one black person breathing that fights on behalf of blacks that are embraced by whites.

So far, the fact that not ONE NAME has been thrown into an open ended question should tell you that is true.

That's an absurd contention. There are many blacks that have fought on behalf of blacks that have been embraced by whites. Nelson Mandela and Bishop Tutu for starters. In this country there are people like Booker T. Washington, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, WEB DuBois. Don't make asinine claims like that...it makes you look foolish.

Dont buy that Black Africa was not the foundation of all knowledge.

All knowledge? Really? I hate to burst your bubble here, Asclepias but "knowledge" developed in many different places than just in Africa. Mesopotamia for one...China for another. Herding of cattle was something that came from the Far East...not Africa. You've decided to bend history to suit your own rather biased viewpoint. Quite frankly...I'm not seeing it.

Did you read any of my earlier posts that show proof that the first settlers in China were Afrcans? This is not a so called Afrocentric view but proven by a respected Chinese researcher using DNA and actually trying to prove the Chinese were not descended from Africans.

That's an absurd contention. There are many blacks that have fought on behalf of blacks that have been embraced by whites. Nelson Mandela and Bishop Tutu for starters. In this country there are people like Booker T. Washington, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, WEB DuBois. Don't make asinine claims like that...it makes you look foolish.

Its not asinine if you read the part where I said "BREATHING". All throughout history its been said that black leaders were pimps etc etc while they were alive. Once they died then everyone loved them. Example: MLK...Called a trouble maker, racist, communist etc.

Forum List

Back