🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

You asked a good and reasonable question and (predictably) did not get a straight answer. I'd love to see one.

I see no use of answering a question from someone that accuses me of lying. Why waste my time answering? He is only going to think I'm lying. Does that make sense?

Since I was not expecting a straight answer, since I never expect straight answers here, I'm not disappointed. No problem.

Did you ask me a question i did not answer?

= you can't say because you are just talking out your ass AGAIN

You asked a good and reasonable question and (predictably) did not get a straight answer. I'd love to see one.

I see no use of answering a question from someone that accuses me of lying. Why waste my time answering? He is only going to think I'm lying. Does that make sense?

Then why do you keep on lying? Does that make sense?

So from this thread we've found out that being dependent on govt programs may or may not hurt blacks over the past 50 years. But we aren't allowed to look any further into the past because the past doesn't mean anything. I know, I know...it doesn't make sense but this is what they are saying

Govt dependency can hurt blacks but not legalized racism and discrimination. Only dependency because for this topic, we are discouraged from looking at cause and effect. Only with racism and discrimination tho...not everything else because this is an honest discussion :lol:

And whites know all the answers to what blacks need. Even tho this fits the very definition of racism we are discouraged from using words by what they actually mean.

Debating is pretty easy when you make the rules and don't use words as they are clearly defined you silly transvestites. Transvestites means you are confused...

This is fun...but really pointless

Where is there "legalized racism and discrimination" today? Something should be done about that.

Are you denying it exists? Or just concerned with its location?

I'm interested in what "legalized" forms you are referring to.

Ever heard of Jim Crow? I really hope you're getting around to a point or are you going to wait until I say "Its Saturday" then take 4 pages of calling me a liar to deflect like you did the other guy?

Got a point?

How do YOU think you are going to have a productive conversation with someone if your first action is to accuse their ancestors of being racists? Duh?

You're sure that I had other ancestors who were not quite as honorable? Really? You base that statement on what? Your extensive investigation of my family tree? Or are you basing that statement on your obvious issues with white people?

There are two things you might want to do. Take a look at the title of the thread and the first sentence in my post. I complimented your ancestor that fought to free the slaves. Yes you had ancestors that were not honorable. Everyone does. Sorry if that hurts some unrealistic notion you had about your lineage. I base that on human nature. Its extremely hard to go against whats in your personal best interest. Thats why we have a separate word to describe people like that. Its called being a hero.

I'm rather proud of my "lineage" because they have been honorable. That's not some unrealistic notion that I've had...it's simply the truth. It was drilled into me constantly while growing up that I HAD an honorable name and not to do anything to disgrace it. My father was the moderator of Town Meeting in our town for decades because he was a well respected and honorable man. You seem to feel that all families have scumbags in them. Sorry to disappoint you...

Forum List

Back