🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

Since at no point did I tell you that the "white man knows best" for you I'm hardly frustrated that you don't accept that. I think you're unwilling to look at the real causes for the problems that urban black youths are facing so you fall back on some silly rant about lingering racial hangover left from slavery and the "overt" racism that permeates the very fiber of every white person living in the US. Quite frankly, you offer no solutions...only excuses.

Real causes? That would imply mine are not real. The pesky racial superiority thing is creeping up again. That sentiment right there is what cuts off communication. I would know better than you what the real causes are. I lived in the environment and successfully made it out. I told you what the causes were and you dont want to accept it.

All you've DONE is critique others since this string began! I have no problem with criticism but what amazed me, is that while regularly doing so you actually had the gall to declare that someone critiquing you in return was "rude" and that they needed your "permission" before doing so!

Is THAT your impression of what a "debate" consists of?

Well I'll be damned! I actually did not think you specifically started the critiquing but the evidence is right here. Do you recognize this post?

One has only to look at the state of blacks in the US today to quickly realize that something has gone awry with King's notion of "doing something special" for them to make up for slavery and discrimination. It's one of those things that sounds so good in theory (like income redistribution) but never works in practice.

You've got generations of blacks that have been trapped by welfare handouts from politicians that gave lip service to equal justice and opportunity but really used the black vote to consolidate political power. You've got a President who sits in the Oval Office after short stints as both a US Senator and an Illinois State Senator in which he really did nothing to prove an understanding of the legislative process...a President who got to where he is BECAUSE of the color of his skin and not because of outstanding accomplishments as a lawyer...a college instructor...or as a legislator. THAT unfortunately is the legacy of Affirmative Action at the moment...people promoted because of their pigmentation rather than the content of their character.

Well of course govt handouts affect the future...just not history. See? Its pretty easy as long as you fill up on cognitive dissonance

I hope not, because you would have a lot more heartache in store. There is no reason for anyone reading this thread to take you at your word after you have repeatedly lied AND admitted to it.

:lol: You do know that you are pretty transparent right? Just admit you cant hang. I'm flattered you think I'm so formidable that you would have to resort to that. :lol:

You know this approach isn't working, right? You know that anyone can read this thread and see at least two instances where you lied and then admitted to it, right? You know this isn't lending you the least bit of credibility, right?

Why don't you stop being an asshole and try having an honest, reasonable discussion without the lies and the racism?

You stop being an asshole first. Youre just mad because your opinion wasnt valued. When you want to stop playing games let me me know.

While the rest of the world moves on, the black community steadfastly clings to the good old days of Jim Crow, the KKK, and the Civil Rights Movement.

By clings you mean affected by it? Or are you of the same school of thought that says the past has nothing to do with the present?

YOU seem to be of the school of thought that the present has nothing to do with the present.

Mine was a direct question that included the word "today." I was hoping you'd address that question, that's all. And of course I used the word "where" as in what specific iterations, not a geographic location, but I'm sure you understood that.

3rd time here. Do you have a point here? ?

The "point" is that I asked you a question. Why won't you answer it? What is so difficult about this?

Because assuming that legalized racism exists today has only been said by you and you have yet to make a point or take a side.

Are you saying racism doesn't exist anymore? You have to take a side if we are debating...

While the rest of the world moves on, the black community steadfastly clings to the good old days of Jim Crow, the KKK, and the Civil Rights Movement.

By clings you mean affected by it? Or are you of the same school of thought that says the past has nothing to do with the present?

YOU seem to be of the school of thought that the present has nothing to do with the present.

Now will you call me a liar for 3 pages to deflect from your inability to form a point? :eusa_pray:

I meant what I said, it's not complicated. They prefer to live in the past.

Reminds me of the Lion King. They better be glad a device was not invented that would allow me to reach through my computer and slap them in the back of their heads and say "It doesn't matter. It's in the past."

No one can seem to answer this question or explain how the past govt dependency affects the present but the past racism doesn't.

Must be hard holding both opinions in that head without going cross eyed

No one can seem to answer this question or explain how the past govt dependency affects the present but the past racism doesn't.

I feel several deflections coming. There is no way any of them takes this on!! :lol:

I feel several deflections coming. There is no way any of them takes this on!! :lol:

I know and Unk will come in with some wacky question then scream liar until his face turns blue

All you've DONE is critique others since this string began! I have no problem with criticism but what amazed me, is that while regularly doing so you actually had the gall to declare that someone critiquing you in return was "rude" and that they needed your "permission" before doing so!

Well I'll be damned! I actually did not think you specifically started the critiquing but the evidence is right here. Do you recognize this post?

One has only to look at the state of blacks in the US today to quickly realize that something has gone awry with King's notion of "doing something special" for them to make up for slavery and discrimination. It's one of those things that sounds so good in theory (like income redistribution) but never works in practice.

You've got generations of blacks that have been trapped by welfare handouts from politicians that gave lip service to equal justice and opportunity but really used the black vote to consolidate political power. You've got a President who sits in the Oval Office after short stints as both a US Senator and an Illinois State Senator in which he really did nothing to prove an understanding of the legislative process...a President who got to where he is BECAUSE of the color of his skin and not because of outstanding accomplishments as a lawyer...a college instructor...or as a legislator. THAT unfortunately is the legacy of Affirmative Action at the moment...people promoted because of their pigmentation rather than the content of their character.

I do remember that post. I made a statement and then I followed it up with my thoughts on why that statement was valid. It's what you DO when you debate.

I'm not sure why you think this post is remarkable or proves something to your argument. I never said that I hadn't critiqued...nor did I say that anyone else shouldn't critique. What I took exception to was your belief that you had the right to critique others but that they had to ask for your permission before critiquing you.

To start with government dependency is on the rise while racism is waning. Even someone wearing the ideological blinders that you two wear should be cognizant of that fact. You don't want to admit that's the case however because to do so is to totally cuts your theory that this is a problem caused by "overt" racism, right off at the knees!

Last edited:

Back in the 50's and 60's, when there WAS institutional racism, blacks had a legitimate excuse for their community being in the toilet. Now, after 50 years of government handouts, affirmative action programs, welfare, food stamps, govt. grants, they're STILL in the toilet only now they have no one to blame except themselves. Acting as though the climate today is no different than it was 50 years ago, they can still make themselves believe that their failures are still somebody else's fault. It might make them feel better but it doesn't improve their lives (or society in general). And as long as politicians keep feeding this bullshit to them (for their vote), I see no end to this cycle of failure and dependency.

I do remember that post. I made a statement and then I followed it up with my thoughts on why that statement was valid. It's what you DO when you debate.

I'm not sure why you think this post is remarkable or proves something to your argument. I never said that I hadn't critiqued...nor did I say that anyone else shouldn't critique. What I took exception to was your belief that you had the right to critique others but that they had to ask for your permission before critiquing you.

I see where the confusion is now. When I say critique "me" I am using that to encompass all Black people. I have no problem with criticism if it is directed at me personally. If you attack my race I'm going to let you know its rude and unappreciated.

Back in the 50's and 60's, when there WAS institutional racism, blacks had a legitimate excuse for their community being in the toilet. Now, after 50 years of government handouts, affirmative action programs, welfare, food stamps, govt. grants, they're STILL in the toilet only now they have no one to blame except themselves. Acting as though the climate today is no different than it was 50 years ago, they can still make themselves believe that their failures are still somebody else's fault. It might make them feel better but it doesn't improve their lives (or society in general). And as long as politicians keep feeding this bullshit to them (for their vote), I see no end to this cycle of failure and dependency.

So are you still going with "only some of the past affects the future and others don't"? Since you didn't link to any information is that coming from the yourass.com or becauseisaidso.org?

To start with government dependency is on the rise while racism is waning. Even someone wearing the ideological blinders that you two wear should be cognizant of that fact. You don't want to admit that's the case however because to do so is to totally cuts your theory that this is a problem caused by "overt" racism, right off at the knees!

Sounds like a deflection to me.

I see where the confusion is now. When I say critique "me" I am using that to encompass all Black people. I have no problem with criticism if it is directed at me personally. If you attack my race I'm going to let you know its rude and unappreciated.

Actually you have less of a right to demand permission to critique your "race" than you do for yourself. Unless of course you've been elected spokesperson for your "race" and I didn't get the memo!

Forum List

Back