54 percent of Los Angeles Shuns English at Home

Learn a second language you stupid fucking American.

Where are you from?
I was born in America but my parents were born in Greece so they taught me a second language. Most "Americans" don't know a second language. But in most other countries, people can usually speak 2 or more languages. Makes Americans looks stupid.

I don't consider myself a White American. White Americans were born in America, so were their grandparents and they are mutts. They have lost touch with their roots.
I don't consider myself as a white American. I'm an American who could be described as white but I don't identify as white. I'm an assimilated American. I only speak English as that is the language native to my country. That you speak a second language is on you. Good for you. Has nothing to do with usurping American culture with that of a previous or immigrant heritage.
How does someone speaking a language of their own choice in their own home affect you?
It reflects a reluctance to assimilate which puts more pressure ($$) on the infrastructure.

That is very wrong.

For a guy that "only speaks English" he doesn't seem to know what "native" means. :rofl:
Speak for yourself. What language would you attribute as native to USA?

There are many but just to pick one -- Navajo. That's why we used "code-talkers" in WWII -- the language was so unique (from the perspective of Japan) that it couldn't be broken as a code.

English however is native to England. That's kind of why we call it "Engl-ish".

We've got some actual road signs around this neck of the woods in another native American language -- Cherokee. Doesn't seem to have brought the region, or the state, or the country, to a grinding halt. It has however helped to fortify the cultural pride of its people.

That attitude of preservation is why, to this day, you can sit by a fireside in North Carolina and hear ancient Cherokee stories told, in both languages, instead of those stories being lost to the steamroller of a Borgified cookie cutter -- as has already happened all too often.

And to the extent that uniquity can survive ............ it enriches all of us.

Last edited:
Where are you from?
I was born in America but my parents were born in Greece so they taught me a second language. Most "Americans" don't know a second language. But in most other countries, people can usually speak 2 or more languages. Makes Americans looks stupid.

I don't consider myself a White American. White Americans were born in America, so were their grandparents and they are mutts. They have lost touch with their roots.
I don't consider myself as a white American. I'm an American who could be described as white but I don't identify as white. I'm an assimilated American. I only speak English as that is the language native to my country. That you speak a second language is on you. Good for you. Has nothing to do with usurping American culture with that of a previous or immigrant heritage.
How does someone speaking a language of their own choice in their own home affect you?
It reflects a reluctance to assimilate which puts more pressure ($$) on the infrastructure.

That is very wrong.
But you can't elaborate as to why it's wrong.

For a guy that "only speaks English" he doesn't seem to know what "native" means. :rofl:

There are many but just to pick one -- Navajo. That's why we used "code-talkers" in WWII -- the language was so unique (from the perspective of Japan) that it couldn't be broken as a code.

We've got some actual road signs around this neck of the woods in another native American language -- Cherokee. Doesn't seem to have brought the region, or the state, or the country, to a grinding halt. It has however helped to fortify the cultural pride of its people.

That attitude of preservation is why, to this day, you can sit by a fireside in North Carolina and hear ancient Cherokee stories told, in both languages, instead of those stories being lost to the steamroller of a Borgified cookie cutter -- as has already happened all too often.

English is native to the USA just as it's native to Australia. I'm also a native American since I was born here and am an American citizen. No amount of biased semantics can change that.

Things are getting so out of control with the highspanic invasion of our country that today I encountered an Indian telemarketer, who often use phony traditional American names like Mike or Jenny or Bob, went by the name Jose.

Considering a population of 3,928,864, the damage is done
Yep. A permanent underclass that will be unable to compete for millions of jobs, destined for a life of under-achievement. All thanks to a group of people who stand to gain politically from that situation. What a fucking waste.

I'd call THAT racism.

its what libs do. government is their daddy. But conservatives pay for them.

English is native to the USA just as it's native to Australia. I'm also a native American since I was born here and am an American citizen. No amount of biased semantics can change that.
Things are getting so out of control with the highspanic invasion of our country that today I encountered an Indian telemarketer, who often use phony traditional American names like Mike or Jenny or Bob, went by the name Jose.

Jose isn't a traditional American name?

Considering a population of 3,928,864, the damage is done

-Geaux
-------------------------

More than 350 languages are spoken at home in the U.S., the Census Bureau reported Tuesday, and residents in the country’s biggest cities are drifting away from speaking English at home.

A staggering 54 percent of residents in the Los Angeles metropolitan region speak a language other than English at home, as does 38 percent of the New York City area, 37 percent of Houston, 51 percent of Miami, 40 percent of San Francisco, and 36 percent of Washington, D.C.

More than 350 languages spoken in U.S.; 54 percent of Los Angeles shuns English at home - Washington Times
OMG, the Mooney Times found something new to be upset about.

English is native to the USA just as it's native to Australia.

No. It emigrated from the British Isles to both countries.

I'm also a native American...

No. At best, you're a Nativist: nativist

And that's soooo 19th century.
You confuse indigenous with native. I'm native American and English is native to the USA.
No, and no.
Yes and yes.
What's more, no objection to the highspanics who speak the language native to their native lands.

Actually that would be José.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back