577 die in Saudi heat as hajj hit by tragedy

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

It isnt usually this bad but it happens every year. Saudi is a rich modern country and should take the necessary measures to protect pilgrims.

People who go to church have a right to go home afterwards.

It isnt usually this bad but it happens every year. Saudi is a rich modern country and should take the necessary measures to protect pilgrims.

That place isn't a church, it's a massive sprawling complex, most of it outdoors.

Oh please. If you go out in the woods, desert, ocean, lake, you're on your own. It's called freedom. Bring lots of water.

The irony is how much of the heat is due to fossil fuel related climate change.

Except the Hajj isn't going to church. It is the equivalent of a religious marathon. Participants are encouraged to train and condition themselves before attempting it.

Three thousand people who went to work at the World Trade Center on 9/11 had a right to go home afterwards.
They went to the WTC under their own volition.

How many people were forced into slavery and sent to die in a foreign land by the US Democratic Party of Slavery, Jim Crow, corruption, perversion, and oppression?

The irony is how much of the heat is due to fossil fuel related climate change.
It looks like the prroblem is their visa system. If it was free then everyone would have access/.
Maybe they could forego a golf tournament and use the money fo provide water and shade.

the haj is not exactly "going to church" and as a religion if desert stoics, maybe the hardship and the danger is what gives grace to the pilgrimage.

buy boy, i remember about 3 or 4 of these haj disasters since, well, decades, but they tend to hundreds of dead.

Except the Hajj isn't going to church. It is the equivalent of a religious marathon. Participants are encouraged to train and condition themselves before attempting it.
news to me that they are "encouraged to train"--if they
can prove to be muslims and PAY---they get in. ----even
debilitated people. Long long ago a colleague of mine--
from Pakistan described his Hajj. He took his mother (good boy) Being the curious person I am, I asked question--how does it go? The story I got---Everyone wears something like a white sheet and walks around in a circle in a large court yard in which the KAABA is located---lots of prayers. Curious rosie was more interested in the social aspects---evening parties, etc----convenient accommodations. NOPE---after the walking/praying thing---go to sleep in a tent out in the field.
FOOD? (big interest of mine)----they carried a little bag of dates so as not to drop dead of starvation. Other accommodations? NOPE----whatever one has to do ---gets done out in the fields. I commented--approx. "what you guys need is some good jewish businessmen to put up some
hotels" -----the poor Pakistani turned startlingly GREEN. I
thought he would drop dead----but we both survived. This
conversation took place approx. 50 years ago---I have been
informed that things have changed---there are hotels there---
(but no jews)

the haji is a big man in a little indonesian village. i wonder how many drop out?

Forum List

Back