5th Circuit Hammers Biden With Charges Of Violating Millions Of American's Rights

The 5th Circuit ruled that the Biden Administration violated the free speech rights of millions of Americans by bullying tech companies into censoring posts of conservative posters.

Watters will, of course, die before telling his viewers that the Trump administration also bullied tech companies into censoring posts. Someday, in a far distant future, when a republican eventually becomes President again they will be pissed about this ruling.

Watters will, of course, die before telling his viewers that the Trump administration also bullied tech companies into censoring posts. Someday, in a far distant future, when a republican eventually becomes President again they will be pissed about this ruling.
You are such a liar.

This is the typical Marxist response.

And it doesn't erase the fact that Biden did it.

There is no arguing that.

I don't give a shit if somebody else did it.

It's illegal....and we both know it.

You are such a liar.

It's not healthy to have such deep worship for your party that you think they are completely infallible. You act as if I defend the Biden administration for this, yet you are the only one defending an administration that pressured social media into censorship.

It's not healthy to have such deep worship for your party that you think they are completely infallible. You act as if I defend the Biden administration for this, yet you are the only one defending an administration that pressured social media into censorship.
I agree. So why are you doing that with the Democrat Party?

BTW, you'll never guess what my political party is. You have one guess. No more.

no, trump47 will just ignore or deny doing it.

The 5th Circuit ruled that the Biden Administration violated the free speech rights of millions of Americans by bullying tech companies into censoring posts of conservative posters.

"Some advocates also said the ruling was an improvement over a temporary injunction U.S. District Judge Terry A. Doughty issued July 4.

David Greene, an attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, said the new injunction was “a thousand times better” than what Doughty, an appointee of former president Trump, had ordered originally.

Doughty’s decision had affected a wide range of government departments and agencies, and imposed 10 specific prohibitions on government officials. The appeals court threw out nine of those and modified the 10th to limit it to efforts to “coerce or significantly encourage social-media companies to remove, delete, suppress, or reduce, including through altering their algorithms, posted social-media content containing protected free speech.”
"

It was a three judge panel that found contacts with tech companies by officials from the White House, the surgeon general’s office, the CDC and the FBI likely amounted to coercion.

Where this goes from here will be interesting.

“We find, like the district court, that the officials’ communications — reading them in ‘context, not in isolation’ — were on-the-whole intimidating,” the judges wrote.

"censuring' posts?

Can you link to that?

and you're 100% correct about the Trump admin's dealings with social media companies. I'm just puzzled by use of terms

You are such a liar.

But 'what about what others did' too, is rampant today. And if the discussion is about government relations and interference with social media, it's seriously important that a full context of it is discussed.

But if it merely a partisan attack on Democrats?

facts:

The judges, however, found some of the government communications enjoined by the district court to be permissible, including those of former chief medical adviser to the president, Anthony S. Fauci. They said the record did not show that Fauci communicated directly with the platforms and said his efforts to promote the government’s scientific and policy views did not “run afoul of the First Amendment.”

They also found that the lower court erred in barring CISA’s interactions with the companies, finding that its efforts to flag content to the platforms did not amount to “attempts to coerce” the companies’ moderation decisions.

Chris Krebs, the CISA chief fired by Trump over his endorsement of the 2020 election result, said he found the ruling “reassuring.”

“This ruling eviscerated the district court decision,” Krebs said.

The judges also said there was no evidence that the State Department’s communications with the platforms “went beyond educating the platforms on ‘tools and techniques’ used by foreign actors.

Facts, they matter

Before Clement, Elrod, and Willett, Circuit Judges.

Per Curiam:
A group of social-media users and two states allege that numerous
federal officials coerced social-media platforms into censoring certain social-
media content, in violation of the First Amendment. We agree, but only as to
some of those officials. So, we AFFIRM in part, REVERSE in part,
VACATE the injunction in part, and MODIFY the injunction in part.

Well....everything bad that happens on the planet is because of Trump.

We all have to accept that.
I believe Almost Every recent bad in the USA can be attributed to Trump and what he represents and stands for.

Trump always wanted to be larger than life. He opined on almost everything long before he became a politician -- yes he is a politician. He baited the system and opponents , portraying the all as enemies rather than opponents. He played to the angry, frustrated populist crowd. His style attracted admirers in the other camp, of Bernie's cult.

Trump was cheered on as he broke rules, challenged tradition, degraded the public discourse. Actions have consequences, and we all are paying the price. also, Look at the price many of the Jan 6 defendants are paying. Look at the price the lawyers and others who went along with the insanity are now paying?

There are no parties anymore. It is people and a ruling class. The ruling class is intimidating, coercing, arresting those who disagree. The people are fucking sick of it.

Forum List

Back