Zone1 5th Most Boring Book Ever

I seriously doubt that.
It does nothing for your argument to lie to me.
You wouldn't say it was boring if you had taken the time to read it cover to cover.
Reading it from cover to cover changes it completely.
It opens your eyes so to speak.

It's the 5th most boring book ever on that one list I showed you.

Here is another list

2nd most boring book on this list is the Koran. The bible is 56th. Still, it made the list again.

But a simpleton doofus like you is brainwashed into thinking it's a wonderful read.

I suppose if I believed that believing the bible got me into heaven, that might change things. You choose to believe it's interesting, good and true because there is a payoff.

If I believed there was any truth to it I'd think it was a great read too. Unfortunately it's just ramblings and fiction.

Ever given a moment's thought to the notion that maybe the Bible wasn't written to be an entertainment?
If it is not Fact and not Entertainment there are lots of Cultists who are clearly brain dead.

If it is not Fact and not Entertainment there are lots of Cultists who are clearly brain dead.
Lebowski.gif

is filled with forgeries and fallacies on nearly every page ...

the correct version than the claims of the liar moses and the crucifiers that wrote the 4th century c-bible ...

- who read beyond their version of geneses know nothing of the heavenly prescribed religion of antiquity - those in the 1st century gave their lives for.

1. There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.
    The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.
    The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

2. Biblical Jesus was real.​

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.
    All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.
    The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.
    The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.
    Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

It doesn't begin with the creation of the world. The world already existed, "formless and void."

And it doesn't predict the end of world, only Israel's end.

It has only one interpretation. Ask an Israelite from two-thousand years ago what it's about.
They don't buy it either. They proficize a messiah will come one day but they don't believe Jesus was him.

The Old Testament can be dry, though understandable.

The New Testament is an entertaining, explosive end to that story.
Does that translate into the biggest load of unadulterated garbage you willl ever find ?
Love the one about Lazarus --- Wake up sleepy , you are alive not drunk.

A boring handbook for low IQ Gullibles , no less .

Of course, if you are very poor , abused and bullied with no hobbies or friends , it will seem better than nothing at all .

But isn't that what preachers on the radio and tv are doing? Cherry picking from their Harry Potter book? AKA The Bible?

I love listening to it. They are all over the place. And if you analyze what they said, from beginning, middle to end, they are all over the place. And the conclusion you aren't sure has anything to do with the premise. Like the story might start out about greed but then the preacher goes on to talk about all kinds of other things. I wish I had an example to share. But I do love it. What they are saying isn't convincing me of anything but i can see how it would work on simple people. They story talks about trust, hope, fear of god, using the lords name in vane, taking care of your parents, don't fuck your neighbors wife, someone who did got turned into a pillar of salt.

Something for everyone. I guess if you are talking to a room full of sinners your message has to appeal to everyone. So cover every sin. But it's okay. Jesus died on the cross so you could be a scumbag and still go to heaven.

It's so obvious the 10 commandments were written by a new cult. What's one of the rules? Don't believe any other god stories. Only through me can you go to heaven. Fuck what Mohammad says. Honor, respect and believe your elders, even if they tell you something that doesn't make sense, like religion. And don't steal my shit.
The problem that religion has is that it isn't living and breathing. Some of the people who get into the priesthood aren't doing it for the right reasons.
I always hate singing for 30 mins before each service. It literally bores the crap out of me.
The purpose for church is fellowship and for remembrance of Christ.
It isn't for learning.
If you want to learn about the Bible you have to go to school and study it. You have to take classes. You have to do homework on it.
Jesus died on the cross so they could end the practice of sacrifice....and so that even non-Jews could go to Heaven.
Jesus is the reason that Israel doesn't have a temple on the temple grounds, but instead a Mosque.
He proved that religion can become corrupt, and upon his death he ripped the temple in two.
Once he died it changed everything.

Some didn't believe it. Some did.

Those who didn't lost out; they left no legacy when their culture was destroyed.

Nonsense. The jews continued to practice their own faith and their descendants are practicing Jews today.

Christianity didn't take off at Golgotha after Jesus rose from the dead. The people who were there didn't build monuments or statues. What we are to believe is 11 men went around the world and told the story. So all the Christians today believe 11 guys.

And even those 11 didn't build any monuments or write any books about what had happened. They told the story to Mexicans and Greeks and those simpletons believed the unbelievable. Imagine some guy comes from Europe and tells you the Jesus story happened in the year 2010. They saw it with their own eyes! Would you believe it? I think not. So why believe the bible?

Why was the bible written? A cult needs a manual.
But they even cheated by cutting out women and inventing the Trinity and Resurrection to scam the soppy Romans and the Gentiles into "giving it a go " .
All the decent books and epistles were chucked at Nicea because they needed a Fake News best seller
Bet the Fuckergurg and Bezos families were involved .

Nonsense. The jews continued to practice their own faith and their descendants are practicing Jews today.
They do not have a temple. They do not have a priesthood. They do not practice the Mosaic Law. Their twelve tribes vanished. They're not even Semitic Jews. Their culture absolutely was utterly destroyed.

Christianity didn't take off at Golgotha after Jesus rose from the dead. The people who were there didn't build monuments or statues. What we are to believe is 11 men went around the world and told the story. So all the Christians today believe 11 guys.

And even those 11 didn't build any monuments or write any books about what had happened. They told the story to Mexicans and Greeks and those simpletons believed the unbelievable. Imagine some guy comes from Europe and tells you the Jesus story happened in the year 2010. They saw it with their own eyes! Would you believe it? I think not. So why believe the bible?
This is just ignorance.

It's the 5th most boring book ever on that one list I showed you.

Here is another list

2nd most boring book on this list is the Koran. The bible is 56th. Still, it made the list again.

But a simpleton doofus like you is brainwashed into thinking it's a wonderful read.

I suppose if I believed that believing the bible got me into heaven, that might change things. You choose to believe it's interesting, good and true because there is a payoff.

If I believed there was any truth to it I'd think it was a great read too. Unfortunately it's just ramblings and fiction.
Wow. So now you're a mind reader.

No....I think the Bible is tough to get thru.
What's interesting is the hidden lessons that it contains that you never heard of before or may have forgotten.
Sure it's repetitious mainly because the New Testament is just the same story repeated by different disciples.

The problem with you is you have to dehumanize anyone who doesn't have such a screwed up ideology as you.
You bought into the false stereotypes that pervades in Hollywood movies and television, that all religious folk are just evil and mindless.
That they're puritans that have no soul.
It pains you to even imagine otherwise, that most Christians are the finest people you could ever meet.
You just assume that we're all ignorant simpletons with low I.Q.s.

It's difficult to be a good Christian. Most of us couldn't be because we're human.
Then again there are some who not only accept evil in their lives but actually advocate for it.
These are the types that don't like it when someone else has a happy life.
These are the types that tend to support Democrats and the Deep State.
They'd rather suffer than see anyone else have a decent happy life.

I got the first American edition of Rushdie's Satanic Verses because of the controversy at the time. Made it half way and thought why the hell am I reading this boring confusing weirdness?

The first Christian Church was Jesus himself.
He was talking about buildings, as if they must be built before anyone can brainstorm about what to put inside them.

Christianity - the kingdom of God - is clearly a first-century phenomenon, according to the New Testament.

No. In the third century, I think.

So what?
It doesn't dawn on you that it wasn't until 300 years that people started erecting statues and monuments to this character? So the people who started the churches didn't see Jesus. Hearsay anyone?

But isn't that what preachers on the radio and tv are doing? Cherry picking from their Harry Potter book? AKA The Bible?

I love listening to it. They are all over the place. And if you analyze what they said, from beginning, middle to end, they are all over the place. And the conclusion you aren't sure has anything to do with the premise. Like the story might start out about greed but then the preacher goes on to talk about all kinds of other things. I wish I had an example to share. But I do love it. What they are saying isn't convincing me of anything but i can see how it would work on simple people. They story talks about trust, hope, fear of god, using the lords name in vane, taking care of your parents, don't fuck your neighbors wife, someone who did got turned into a pillar of salt.

Something for everyone. I guess if you are talking to a room full of sinners your message has to appeal to everyone. So cover every sin. But it's okay. Jesus died on the cross so you could be a scumbag and still go to heaven.

It's so obvious the 10 commandments were written by a new cult. What's one of the rules? Don't believe any other god stories. Only through me can you go to heaven. Fuck what Mohammad says. Honor, respect and believe your elders, even if they tell you something that doesn't make sense, like religion. And don't steal my shit.
Spoken like the typical self righteous asshole atheist.

Forum List

Back