Zone1 5th Most Boring Book Ever

It doesn't dawn on you that it wasn't until 300 years that people started erecting statues and monuments to this character? So the people who started the churches didn't see Jesus. Hearsay anyone?
It doesn't dawn on you that people were following Christ in Christ's own lifetime?

Do you think the Civil War started when they erected a statue of Robert E. Lee? Architecture and statuary mean nothing except after the fact. Good criminy, airball much?

Spoken like the typical self righteous asshole atheist.
Now let's not get personal. Turn your cheek. When I go low you go high. Chip upper lip. Don't be so easily triggered snowflake.

If you truly believed your religion you would feel sorry for me not be angry. Why be angry when you're going to heaven and I'm going to hell? Or not going to heaven. Whatever you believe.

So to you sir. Right back at you. Does this sound like a person who really believes an invisible man is watching over his every word and action?
Spoken like the typical self righteous asshole atheist.

It doesn't dawn on you that people were following Christ in Christ's own lifetime?

Do you think the Civil War started when they erected a statue of Robert E. Lee? Architecture and statuary mean nothing except after the fact. Good criminy, airball much?
That's what they say. But only 11 guys went out and started religions around the world. No church was erected where it supposedly happened. And members of this new church were taking the 11 guys words for it.

Those followers weren't buried in any Christian churches. Unless it was done posthumously.

The people who survived the Civil War wrote books about it. It really happened. And it wasn't just 11 guys who saw it happen. Both sides wrote about it. The people who supposedly crucified Jesus didn't write about him. Yes some rulers back around then wrote that they had heard about this messiah but they never met him.

That's what they say. But only 11 guys went out and started religions around the world. No church was erected where it supposedly happened. And members of this new church were taking the 11 guys words for it.

Those followers weren't buried in any Christian churches. Unless it was done posthumously.

The people who survived the Civil War wrote books about it. It really happened. And it wasn't just 11 guys who saw it happen. Both sides wrote about it. The people who supposedly crucified Jesus didn't write about him. Yes some rulers back around then wrote that they had heard about this messiah but they never met him.
You're hopeless. You just repeat the same uselessness.

This is why I generally scroll past your posts.

You're hopeless. You just repeat the same uselessness.

This is why I generally scroll past your posts.
Do you expect us to come to some middle ground on this? I'm calling your religion bullshit. LOL. And your holy book boring.

For the longest time I thought it was just me. Religious people go on and on about how beautiful or inspiring the bible is. I never felt it. Glad to see I'm not along.

I used to think the Bible was boring too. Now it's my favorite Book and I'm not just saying that. It's not just advice, or a story. It's "living and active", just as God says about it.

As Jesus said: "Those with ears to hear, let them hear"

For the longest time I thought it was just me. Religious people go on and on about how beautiful or inspiring the bible is. I never felt it. Glad to see I'm not along.
I scanned through the first hundred books people found boring. I found myself nodding in agreement with some--and utterly shocked/horrified how others could possibly make the list! Personally, I have always loved The Little Prince.

While I only scanned the first hundred books, I didn't see any books of poetry, no songbooks--not even any law books. I was wondering if these books in the Bible compared favorably with other books of the same genre. I once heard that The Complete Bean Cookbook is the most boring book in the world, but it didn't make the top 100 of the OP list.

Do you expect us to come to some middle ground on this? I'm calling your religion bullshit. LOL. And your holy book boring.
Perhaps the reason you find the Bible boring is you read it. Rabbis insist that the Bible is not meant to be read, it is meant to be studied.

Out of curiosity, do you find vegetables the most interesting food on your plate?

No, no ,no...

Look at the votes. Atlas Shrugged - 54 people voted.

54? How do you make that kind of determination based on 54 votes? And every book that follows has even fewer votes...

#37. Dune. 9 people voted.

#48. The Historian. 7 people voted. I've read that book. It was a good book.

#83. White Fang. 3 people voted. White Fang? Jack London? I've read it. Fuck you.

I call bullshit on that list.

Because you aren't called. The Bible is like a puzzle. It's written in code. It isn't for you in this life

I used to think the Bible was boring too. Now it's my favorite Book and I'm not just saying that. It's not just advice, or a story. It's "living and active", just as God says about it.

As Jesus said: "Those with ears to hear, let them hear"
My brother is big into the bible. Loves it. I told him I found it was 5th more boring book ever he laughed. He explained how if you are reading psalms you're basically reading songs? But he made an argument how if you understand what you are reading it's better. Probably why it's better if you read it twice. I could only do it once. And I wasn't into it. Maybe if someone explained to me what I was reading. Like, "read from here to here and I'll explain what this is, but stop here because it's going to move on to.....

I'm Greek Orthodox. Our priests go to monistaries to debate what the meaning is in the bible. And we rote it for you guys. We translated it first from latin or hebrew to Greek? Something like that? Point is, if we still debate the meanings, you guys can't tell me you KNOW because you only know what we told you it said.

Here is my final verdict on the bible. It's BORING!!! I was listening to a religious show up north in God's country. They have religious shows on FM radio up there. I love it. Anyways, these two hosts were telling people which bibles were better than the rest. One of them they said removed all the thous and thees and the wrote it like an English person speaks. That would be pretty good. But basically they admitted that the bible is hard to read.

If it's hard to read, it's boring.

Forum List

Back