$6.00 a gallon for gas in Florida

"The main reason the gas prices shot up so quickly is not because of Obama, it's because of the speculators that buy oil and gas futures, and they're projecting that the cost of fuel is going to go up.

Pretty much the same thing that happened under Jr. back in 2008."

Yup. It's also called the free market. The Republicans need to sit down and shut up on this one. They slam the tabletop with their pudgy little fists and demand deregulation....Well, enjoy! And stop complaining.

That's not the main reason, how little people research, Asia and the former Soviet Union are demanding more, Europe is having a cold winter, Iran is very unstable and OPEC is not keeping up with demand. Get a clue and then post.

Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations « CBS Tampa

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

What GOOD NEWS for democrats. If this doesn't put a lock on Obama's keeping his job, everyone is just racist. Democrats will tell you how high prices are good for the ecoonomy.

Barry himself said it would necessarily cost that much. Obama is disenfranchising voters by making gas to expensive. Expensive gas is nothing more then a pole tax.

Because there's a MUCH higher demand in Tampa (due to a MUCH larger population). Tampa's the 3rd largest metro area in the southeast (outside of Miami and Atlanta)-it's going to naturally have more expensive gas than Ocala. Every metro area is going to have more expensive gas prices than rural areas-just the way it is.

edit: and I'm in both Ocala and Tampa often, and there prices are usually the same give or take 4-5 cents either way.

I see just the opposite, James.

I'm in Sebring and any time we have to go to Tampa gas is about 20 cents cheaper.
There's more competition

I'm in Tampa, and I was actually in Ocala today and gas was at $3.71.. The price at the gas station right up the road from me in Tampa is at $3.69. So Ocala was higher today-but by 2 cents. Granted these were the only gas station prices I paid attention, so to be fair: I have no idea if they're at the upper or low end for each area. The prices are usually around the same.

To be honest I haven't really been to Sebring (I've only driven through the area), so I believe you. While there may be more competition-there's also more demand. However as to my other posts in this thread, I think we both can agree that to say gas is $6 in Florida isn't accurate at all. And that prices in tourists areas (such as Orlando). It's why prices near the beaches are higher than just 20 mins or so more inland.

Most definitely.
Those that would use the prices of 2 gas stations near Disneyworld and Orlando Airport as reason to scream "price gouging" are just being tools.

:cool:

"According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.""

It's called the high season at Disney World.

Also known as profiteering.

That's what happens when there's no regulations in place to control price gouging, profiteering and/or otherwise screwing a captured market, like those who are vacationing in central Florida in February.

I just want the TEa Baggers to recognize that this is what they are fighting for.....ANd to STFU.

Where's your faux-rage over the price of a Coke at the fair?

There ARE price gouging laws in Florida.

I just want non-FL-resident-noobs that don't know what there talking about to STFU.

:cuckoo:

"The main reason the gas prices shot up so quickly is not because of Obama, it's because of the speculators that buy oil and gas futures, and they're projecting that the cost of fuel is going to go up.

Yup. It's also called the free market. The Republicans need to sit down and shut up on this one. They slam the tabletop with their pudgy little fists and demand deregulation....Well, enjoy! And stop complaining.

The recent federal tax had nothing to do with the rise in gas prices did it?
no it doesnt. get off your soap box and put your tin foil hat back on.

So having to pay more (taxes) today for the same amount you got yesterday has nothing to do with the rise in gas price? How about pulling your head out of obama's ass the shit fumes are making you delusional.

So having to pay more (taxes) today for the same amount you got yesterday has nothing to do with the rise in gas price? How about pulling your head out of obama's ass the shit fumes are making you delusional.
tell us all what that great rate increase was there mr genius.... oh thats right its been the same 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993...

"The federal gas tax — 18.4 cents a gallon for gasoline, 24.4 cents for diesel — is growing anemic because of more fuel-efficient vehicles,"

Fedeal gas tax increasingly unable to pay for transportation needs
Editorial: Allowing federal gas tax to lapse is unacceptable - The Denver Post

nice try douchebag

tell us all what that great rate increase was there mr genius.... oh thats right its been the same 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993...

"The federal gas tax — 18.4 cents a gallon for gasoline, 24.4 cents for diesel — is growing anemic because of more fuel-efficient vehicles,"

nice try douchebag
You are an idiot gas is up we have addition tax obama is president. Just like bush got the blame it's time for the man child and his followers to man up.

nice try douchebag
You are an idiot gas is up we have addition tax obama is president. Just like bush got the blame it's time for the man child and his followers to man up.
so post the proof of the Obama gas tax, because as you can see as of 3 days and 11 hours ago. USA Today still shows the federal gas tax at 18.4% for unleaded and 24.4 for diesel.

or was reading comprehension a bad subject for you in school?

nice try douchebag
so post the proof of the Obama gas tax, because as you can see as of 3 days and 11 hours ago. USA Today still shows the federal gas tax at 18.4% for unleaded and 24.4 for diesel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/b...s-federal-tax-credit-for-ethanol-expires.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/b...s-federal-tax-credit-for-ethanol-expires.html
so the tax credit for ethanol expires, and your blaming this for the rise in the cost of unleaded gas?

"A federal tax credit for ethanol expired on Saturday, ending an era in which the federal government provided more than $20 billion in subsidies for use of the product."
"Michal L. Rosenoer, a policy analyst with the environmental group Friends of the Earth, said the end of the tax credit showed that “ethanol is no longer a sacred cow.”

“The end of this giant subsidy is a win for taxpayers, the environment and people struggling to put food on the table,” Ms. Rosenoer said. “Production of ethanol, with its use of pesticides and fertilizer and heavy industrial machinery, causes soil erosion and air and water pollution. And it means that less land is available for growing food, so food prices go up.”

you should read your own article

wow, you really are a moron. this will only affect biofuels, not regular unleaded gasoline...

so the tax credit for ethanol expires, and your blaming this for the rise in the cost of unleaded gas?

"A federal tax credit for ethanol expired on Saturday, ending an era in which the federal government provided more than $20 billion in subsidies for use of the product."
"Michal L. Rosenoer, a policy analyst with the environmental group Friends of the Earth, said the end of the tax credit showed that “ethanol is no longer a sacred cow.”

“The end of this giant subsidy is a win for taxpayers, the environment and people struggling to put food on the table,” Ms. Rosenoer said. “Production of ethanol, with its use of pesticides and fertilizer and heavy industrial machinery, causes soil erosion and air and water pollution. And it means that less land is available for growing food, so food prices go up.”

wow, you really are a moron. this will only affect biofuels, not regular unleaded gasoline...
There is not tax credit so it's an additional tax. I am really surprised at your stupidity. You don't think all fuels don't have ethanol in them?

There is not tax credit so it's an additional tax. I am really surprised at your stupidity. You don't think all fuels don't have ethanol in them?
and how does this "tax credit" lapsing affect the price of unleaded gas since the credit was only for ethanol?

wow, your stupidity is really showing here now......

Do your gasolines contain ethanol?
In many areas of the country, oxygenates are required to be part of the gasoline formula. In those areas, our gasolines will contain ethanol, which is an oxygenate [US Fuel Requirements Map]. Ethanol is also used in California Cleaner Burning Gasoline and the Reformulated gasolines required in many of the major metropolitan areas of the country. In addition, to meet the Renewable Fuels Standard included as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, ethanol blends have been introduced to many more areas of the country.

Gasoline Information, Octane Levels - Exxon.com

In many areas of the country, oxygenates are required to be part of the gasoline formula. In those areas, our gasolines will contain ethanol, which is an oxygenate [US Fuel Requirements Map]. Ethanol is also used in California Cleaner Burning Gasoline and the Reformulated gasolines required in many of the major metropolitan areas of the country. In addition, to meet the Renewable Fuels Standard included as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, ethanol blends have been introduced to many more areas of the country.

ethanol makes up less than 10% of the current gasoline mix. it is more commonly used in biofuels. this would suggest that biofuels will increase substantially. so you are blaming a product that makes up 10% or less of the end product as the single driver of a $1 increase per gallon in gas across the country? like i said, youre an idiot.

Delegate calls for limit on ethanol in gas* - Statehouse News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Ethanol fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Most cars on the road today in the U.S. can run on blends of up to 10% ethanol"

here is what congress said about ending the ethanol subsidy:
“Savvy people told me that this was a quixotic endeavor, that we would never see the end of the ethanol tax credit,” Mr. Lewis said. “But we pulled it off. Congress concluded that this was a special-interest giveaway the country could no longer afford.”

in june 2010, ethanol hit 3 years highs.
U.S. ethanol prices hit 3-year high | Reuters
why were gas prices not as expensive as they are now? by your logic, an increase in the price of ethanol leads to an exponential increase in the cost of gas.

The rising price of the mandated gasoline additive is not expected to impact on prices during the summer driving season.
"Ethanol is only a small part of the gasoline price. Crude is the main driver," said Bill Day, a spokesman for Valero Energy Corp, the nation's largest independent refiner and the first to enter into the arena of ethanol production with the purchase of 10 plants.

even the oil companies agree with me. douchebag

ethanol makes up less than 10% of the current gasoline mix. it is more commonly used in biofuels. this would suggest that biofuels will increase substantially. so you are blaming a product that makes up 10% or less of the end product as the single driver of a $1 increase per gallon in gas across the country? like i said, youre an idiot.

Delegate calls for limit on ethanol in gas* - Statehouse News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

"Most cars on the road today in the U.S. can run on blends of up to 10% ethanol"

“Savvy people told me that this was a quixotic endeavor, that we would never see the end of the ethanol tax credit,” Mr. Lewis said. “But we pulled it off. Congress concluded that this was a special-interest giveaway the country could no longer afford.”

why were gas prices not as expensive as they are now? by your logic, an increase in the price of ethanol leads to an exponential increase in the cost of gas.

The rising price of the mandated gasoline additive is not expected to impact on prices during the summer driving season.
"Ethanol is only a small part of the gasoline price. Crude is the main driver," said Bill Day, a spokesman for Valero Energy Corp, the nation's largest independent refiner and the first to enter into the arena of ethanol production with the purchase of 10 plants.

Damn letting that tax credit expired raised the gas that much? Damn obama you fucked up big time.

Damn letting that tax credit expired raised the gas that much? Damn obama you fucked up big time.
and the tin hat brigade strikes again....

and the tin hat brigade strikes again....
Still trying to cover for obama? When will you cut the life line and see if he can make it on his own?

your reading comprehension once again is terrible.

this is what the OIL COMPANIES said. not me you tool. but its ok, we understand education standards in the south arent exactly very high these days.

your reading comprehension once again is terrible.

this is what the OIL COMPANIES said. not me you tool. but its ok, we understand education standards in the south arent exactly very high these days.
Still defending the man child? It's time for him to grow up he's president now.

Forum List

Back