6 Baltimore schools can't produce one single student proficient in math or English

1990528.jpg

If I were a Republican, it wouldn't be Baltimore I would be worrying about.

The subject is high school, not college, and one does not need a college degree to make a decent living.

Well, you don't need high school to make a decent living either. However what we do know, statistically, is the higher your education, the more likely you are to make a decent living.

True, but it's much more difficult to get somewhere without a high school diploma. Even most employers who don't require a college degree are reluctant to hire someone who didn't finish high school.

1990528.jpg

The subject is high school, not college, and one does not need a college degree to make a decent living.
I thought you would never ask:

high-school-graduation-rate.png

What your chart essentially shows is that areas of the country with a largely white homogeneous population have higher graduation rates, whereas the parts that generally have higher populations of minorities do not, but I don't think that's the point you were aiming for, was it........

1990528.jpg

I see a real problem with ur' map. I see that the county we live in hits in the 75%-83% range. Now here is the issue. People live, even school administrators, ther accounting departments, etc.... They become very creative just like the baksters did in their accounting to get the fed-bucks. How do I know this? Well son never graduated but he took a job once upon a time where they actually called the school to see what grade he completed. The employer ended up asking him why he lied on his job ap. Son told them to think for a bit, "Why would I lie about not graduating high school?" Better question is why did the school keep him on the roll call as being there when it is a fact that he wasn't? For the money. The old attorney that ran most everything around here that is now dead and off to his rewards ***snicker*** told Rod ".........I never worried where the money came from just as long as it spends good at the bank". Your public school systems have had that same attitude when it comes to getting those fed-bucks.

1990528.jpg

What your chart essentially shows is that areas of the country with a largely white homogeneous population have higher graduation rates, whereas the parts that generally have higher populations of minorities do not, but I don't think that's the point you were aiming for, was it........
You wish. Blacks only make up 13 or 14% of the entire US Population. Some States, like West Virginia and Kentucky are over 90% white. Go ahead, try to blame it on minorities, but the facts tell a completely different story.

Typical for right wingers. They just imagine something is true so in their minds, it is.

What failed you?
Education does the black race no good. They just don't have the IQ to compete in this society.
Hit a nerve did I?
1990528.jpg

1990528.jpg

So areas with HEAVY negro population have lower and areas with HIGH white population have higher...no surprise.

Exactly what I was going to say.

1990528.jpg

You wish. Blacks only make up 13 or 14% of the entire US Population. Some States, like West Virginia and Kentucky are over 90% white. Go ahead, try to blame it on minorities, but the facts tell a completely different story.

Typical for right wingers. They just imagine something is true so in their minds, it is.

Oh please Rderp South Carolina, Georgia , Mississippi all have over 30% blacks

1990528.jpg

Well, you don't need high school to make a decent living either. However what we do know, statistically, is the higher your education, the more likely you are to make a decent living.

True, but it's much more difficult to get somewhere without a high school diploma. Even most employers who don't require a college degree are reluctant to hire someone who didn't finish high school.

Sure.

Now, here's the question.

Are black people less likely to finish high school because they're simply not as good, or are black people less likely to finish high school because far more are in poverty (25% to 7% for white people) and more likely to live in ghettos and have role models who are single parents and don't care and can't get a job because they didn't get through high school?

You wish. Blacks only make up 13 or 14% of the entire US Population.

Nope. Unlike you I have these things called facts.

List of U.S. states by African-American population - Wikipedia

Some States, like West Virginia and Kentucky are over 90% white.

That's correct, some of them are. I didn't say all the areas in yellow were majority minority, did I? I said there is a pattern. Regarding Appalachia, there are historical economic reasons for their lack of education.

Go ahead, try to blame it on minorities, but the facts tell a completely different story.

I am a minority, you dipshit, and you wouldn't know a fact if it sat on your face and wiggled. All you know is propaganda.

1990528.jpg

Mostly this is an issue of poverty, not of race. Black people are more likely to be in poverty, and this is historical.

Are black people less likely to finish high school because they're simply not as good, or are black people less likely to finish high school because far more are in poverty (25% to 7% for white people) and more likely to live in ghettos and have role models who are single parents and don't care and can't get a job because they didn't get through high school?

The poverty rate, of course, hence the reason you see the same disparities in Appalachia which is full of whites

The poverty rate, of course, hence the reason you see the same disparities in Appalachia which is full of whites

Yes, poverty plays a massive part in all of this. And what is the government doing about it? Nothing. They sit back on their big fat checks and say "Everyone can make it in America" knowing full well that they're making things easier for themselves and their families and doing nothing for those who actually need it.

1990528.jpg

Yea and 7% in Kentucky and 4% in West Virginia. So how do you explain the dropout rate in those states? And while you are at it, check out Arkansas and other right wing, conservative and mostly white states. Why the high drop out rate?

Go ahead, explain.

No. Baltimore has had a really bad drug problem. Children born to drug addicted mothers generally have learning diablilities. Even if the children are born healthy, they can't really learn when they're hungry and stressed by their drug addicted home.

Nothing to do with IQs.

Yea and 7% in Kentucky and 4% in West Virginia. So how do you explain the dropout rate in those states? And while you are at it, check out Arkansas and other right wing, conservative and mostly white states. Why the high drop out rate?

Go ahead, explain.

In NYC, 40% of minorities drop out and 80% of the graduating class can't read or write at grade level, another Democrat success

No. Baltimore has had a really bad drug problem. Children born to drug addicted mothers generally have learning diablilities. Even if the children are born healthy, they can't really learn when they're hungry and stressed by their drug addicted home.

Nothing to do with IQs.
So EVERY kid in 6 schools has drug addicted parents eh? LOL....It does have to with IQ.Kids with educational issues wouldn't be in regular school class but in special ed classes.

Go ahead, explain.

In NYC, 40% of minorities drop out and 80% of the graduating class can't read or write at grade level, another Democrat success
So the explanation of all the drop outs in GOP mostly white states is New York?

Republican states are a drag on the country and even a drag on the world. So they duck and weave by attacking blacks in blue states. Republicans have no shame.

Forum List

Back