6 dead because an idiot drove drunk.

Unfortunately, I don't think stiffer DUI penalties is going to solve the problem. When a lot of these people get drunk they lose their inhibitions. If the risk of death isn't enough to deter them, the risk of a jail sentence probably won't as well. I'm not saying there shouldn't be stiffer penalties, but it's not a solution.

I don't think it is for the drinker doing it now do much as it is for the kid who hasn't drank yet. Lets face it you have to teach common sense

tapatalk post

Unfortunately, I don't think stiffer DUI penalties is going to solve the problem. When a lot of these people get drunk they lose their inhibitions. If the risk of death isn't enough to deter them, the risk of a jail sentence probably won't as well. I'm not saying there shouldn't be stiffer penalties, but it's not a solution.

I disagree. People knowingly drive drunk, thinking they can do it. Even the people who think they can do it, don't think they won't be caught. If they know they're going to jail for ten years, they'll sleep it off in their cars. Now, the states have to stop doing BS things like prosecuting people for DUIs for sleeping in their cars with the keys in the ignition.

Forum List

Back