🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

$65/hour to cut grass is example of why jobs go off-shore...

Lower wages won't save the jobs. They're putting self-service checkouts in retail stores where the human cashiers are already making low wages.

If the damned Democrats would stop doing everything they can to jack up the price of everything I think lower wages would create jobs.

But then again, everyone that works at McDonalds has 12 kids to feed.

Why would someone from China make the weekly commute just to mow my lawn? :dunno:

Oh Snap.

This is why we have to get rid of our border so that five year old kids from Guatelmala can cut our laws with manicure scissors for $2 per day.

Lower wages won't save the jobs. They're putting self-service checkouts in retail stores where the human cashiers are already making low wages.

If the damned Democrats would stop doing everything they can to jack up the price of everything I think lower wages would create jobs.

Believe me McDonalds IS looking at ways of reducing the labor costs of the front counter by moving more traffic through
drive through AND by offering self service...i.e. as Walmart has done with their check out lanes!
Doesn't really take much to have people enter their order on a kiosk, pay with card or cash and they pick up their meal!
So who gets hurt most? Low skilled, entry level people that this replaces!
Remember Obama's surprise at how ATMs has reduced tellers??
Well Obama welcome to the world that YOU are creating... unemployment for the 1.3 million people under 19 that make the minimum wage of the 3.3 million entirely in the USA that make minimum wage!

FACTS about minimum wage and the actual number are NOT SHARED by the MSM!

I have 3/4 of an acre of which maybe half is grass. They come once a week, two guys. One on the big mower the other with the weed whacker and blower.

They take about half an hour and charge me $45.

So I'm paying $90 an hour to get my grass cut, and be more than happy to pay that $65.

But you missed the point! Idiot!
The UNION contracts stated grass cutters get $65/hour! No differentiation!
This in case it went over your very very pointed head was an ILLUSTRATiON of why companies go offshore!
UNIONS making contract demands that include gross overpayment for functions that rely on very very low skill sets.

In other words most idiots like you can mow grass so why would company pay idiots like you $65/hour unless it was part of the bargaining table??
The UNIONS have killed the golden goose and idiots like you have NO IDEA because you are basically stupid!

YES YOU are absolutely right!!!
Low skill jobs are being replaced !
NO shit!!!
Yet we have unemployment of the low skill, entry level workers of nearly 24% and you want to add to it by raising the minimum wage which does nothing but encourage self-service stores!

AGAIN.. why did manufacturing jobs go over seas ? HIGHER LABOR costs!
primary reason...
There is a real three-fold reason to offshore production:

1. Lower labor rates,
  2. lower bill of material costs and an
  3. indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.

PRIMARY REASONS TO OFFSHORE PRODUCTION

"IT is good business"! Remember that phrase!
$20 trillion could be back in the USA if our country had a tax policy similar to other countries, where shareholders are NOT taxed
twice for their dividends!
But I doubt most of the readers on this thread understand that as it goes WAY WAY OVER their pointy heads!
They just KNOW big corporations and evil shareholders are the fault! String em up!!! Kill the golden goose!

Now with an intelligent knowledgeable CEO at the helm of our country easily easily $10 trillion of that deferred money would flow
back BECAUSE it would be cheaper to manufacture in the USA given some intelligent use of the $10 trillion!
Case in point... I know of 3 businesses right now that would hire 20 people given the investment capital that a portion of this
$10 trillion would spin off!
These 20 people would be making minimum $60,000 a year!
The 3 businesses would gross nearly $100 million a year hiring more people, paying more taxes...
but you idiots that think evil corporations, evil businesses you really make me feel sorry for how f....king dumb you are!

lower wages for the bottom tier means lower wages for the middle class as well...when wages are higher for the lower tier, wages are higher for the middle class as well, they inch up, so there is a distinct separation....

as far as inflation....bet ya more inflation, or in the least, more HARM, has come from the handful in the highest tier workers moving from 70 times the average worker salary to 250-400 times the average worker, has hurt inflation or us as a Nation, more than the lowest tier getting a raise and the middle class inching up too.

lower wages for the bottom tier means lower wages for the middle class as well...when wages are higher for the lower tier, wages are higher for the middle class as well, they inch up, so there is a distinct separation....

as far as inflation....bet ya more inflation, or in the least, more HARM, has come from the handful in the highest tier workers moving from 70 times the average worker salary to 250-400 times the average worker, has hurt inflation or us as a Nation, more than the lowest tier getting a raise and the middle class inching up too.

The problem is Obama likes artificially jacking up costs.

He did the same with immigration. Created a problem or made an existing problem worse. Then, finally, we'd do something about it, and if we don't do something we're hateful Republicans.

Would you still support Democrats if you knew that almost every crisis in the last 10 years was prodded into being a crisis by Democrats?

Nothing is discussed in the media unless Democrats want it to be discussed.

Anyone who brings up any real issues is laughed at because what they might be talking about isn't being talked about in the press. We can't have that.

Last edited:

The problem is Obama likes artificially jacking up costs.

He did the same with immigration. Created a problem or made an existing problem worse. Then, finally, we'd do something about it, and if we don't do something we're hateful Republicans.

Would you still support Democrats if you knew that almost every crisis in the last 10 years was prodded into being a crisis by Democrats?

Nothing is discussed in the media unless Democrats want it to be discussed.

Anyone who brings up any real issues is laughed at because what they might be talking about isn't being talked about in the press. We can't have that.
FYI-I don't see the mainstream media, as the left wing media, but I see ALL mainstream media, as "corporate" media...and they will do whatever they want, that will best interest them...irregardless of Party affiliation.

And newspapers in the early years, were created specifically to support one Political Party or the other....so it was crapola and propaganda media, even back in our creation as a nation and has been ever since.

That aside, in all honesty, I think I am too ingrained as being a Democratic Party member to believe you that Democratic Policy is the fault of all, of the 10 biggest crisis in the USA.....as you believe they are...so honestly, without diehard proof with no connection with Republicans being complacent on these issues as well, I would not believe you...

I would then research these 10 crisis to the enth degree and find that Republicans created them, or were involved and part of, these crisis as well....that's my bet.... i'm anal on this kind of stuff.... (not my fault, I was born this way!) :D

The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
And the following is an example of labor unions killing the golden goose !
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070924073107AAuGk8O

Lower labor rates,
lower bill of material costs and an
indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.

You do know that gardening sevices can't be outsourced?

Two reasons that it's so expensive.

1. The market dictates what the price is
2. The overhead costs for landscapers is high. Costs of fuel and equipment.

If you want to reduce the cost, find yourself a teenager and pay him $20 to cut your lawn.

lol. Good luck with that. Every time I found a kid and offered him 20 bucks...and once, even 40 bucks, to mow my small lawn...he said no. Too busy playing Nintendo. And this was years ago. No such thing as kids who will do a bit of work any more.

This is all because the Republicans cut funding to something or other.

Rat-bastards White Middle-Aged Men Tea Party Terrorist Motherfuckers.

You forgot to include "Racist, Anti-Gay Marriage, Birther, Denier" in that.

Two reasons that it's so expensive.

1. The market dictates what the price is
2. The overhead costs for landscapers is high. Costs of fuel and equipment.

If you want to reduce the cost, find yourself a teenager and pay him $20 to cut your lawn.

lol. Good luck with that. Every time I found a kid and offered him 20 bucks...and once, even 40 bucks, to mow my small lawn...he said no. Too busy playing Nintendo. And this was years ago. No such thing as kids who will do a bit of work any more.

Well, there you go. $40 isn't sufficient subsitute for leasure (did they say they were to busy playing Nintendo?)

A tight labor market means higher wages can be demanded.

I have 3/4 of an acre of which maybe half is grass. They come once a week, two guys. One on the big mower the other with the weed whacker and blower.

They take about half an hour and charge me $45.

So I'm paying $90 an hour to get my grass cut, and be more than happy to pay that $65.

Whether it is one guy spending an hour, two guys spending half an hour, or four guys spending 15 minutes, you have purchased one man hour of manual labor for $45. Plus, they made the capital investment to purchase the equipment and are paying the operating cost of the gasoline.

If you contracted with the UAW to mow your 3/4 acre, it would cost you 50% more, and you would provide the mower, the blower, and the gas.

Last edited:
The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
And the following is an example of labor unions killing the golden goose !
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070924073107AAuGk8O

Lower labor rates,
lower bill of material costs and an
indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.

so you some answer on yahoo answers and some blog post to substantiate your support for making this a third-world country?

thanks but no thanks, shill

didn't steve miller bankrupt delphi? i'm pretty sure he got millions as a golden parachute for crashing the company.

Last edited:
The thing that matters is that the people who are consuming are consuming everything that is being produced. When consumption is less production, production is reduced.

Wages need to be whatever it needs to be so that all that gets produced can be consumed.

The thing that matters is that the people who are consuming are consuming everything that is being produced. When consumption is less production, production is reduced.

Wages need to be whatever it needs to be so that all that gets produced can be consumed.

yes, but the corporate shills like the idea of going back to the robber baron class where only the top 1% can prosper and everyone else becomes cheap labor for them.

Forum List

Back