650,000 Flu deaths annually. And we have a vaccine.

Picking what number is okay to shut down the economy is arbitrary.
Then why did we shut down the world's economy over a fraction of the deaths we see every year from the flu?
Your numbers are exaggerated. The CDC say there were about 34,200 deaths from the flu. How many have died of COVID-19?

Learn the difference between "worldwide" and "In the United States".

I know the difference, thank you! Someone dying of the flu in sub-Saharan Africa without any medical care at all is not quite the same.

You still have not answered my question about how many took the flu vaccine.

Then why did we shut down the world's economy over a fraction of the deaths we see every year from the flu?
Your numbers are exaggerated. The CDC say there were about 34,200 deaths from the flu. How many have died of COVID-19?

I know the difference, thank you! Someone dying of the flu in sub-Saharan Africa without any medical care at all is not quite the same.

If you knew the difference you wouldn't have claimed my numbers were wrong.

And if you want to know how many were vaccinated go look it up. I'm not your servant.

Why don't we shut down the world economy every year?

5 Million Cases Worldwide, 650,000 Deaths Annually: The Seasonal Flu Virus is a “Serious Concern”, But the Wuhan Coronavirus Grabs the Headlines

First published on January 27, 2020. Figures quoted for the coranavirus pertain to late January

The common flu virus will infect millions across the globe. It can be easily spread and will especially strike the young and the elderly. But this is not what has been described as the Wuhan virus. The common flu is far deadlier. This is not to downplay the Wuhan coronavirus flu, or to give it its medical name, 2019-nCoV.

The common flu causes up to 5 million cases of severe illness worldwide and kills up to 650,000 people every year, according to the World Health Organization

Well, that's fake news.

The real flu numbers are an estimated range, not a total.

The actual facts are 250,000-650,000 world wide in any given year. Is an estimate because many third world countries are not capable of tracking the numbers and have higher morbidity because of limited treatment capabilities.

Covid19 on the other hand we suspect we are underestimating yet we have already reached the average flu season in just a few months.
So?
So you're full of shit.

We have over a million cases of corona and 100,000 dead.

NO flu has done that since the Spanish Flu...which killed 50 million world wide
650,000 dead per year from the flu, Dummy.

Why do you deny science, Flat Earther?
Because it's the fault of global warming.

If it were not so darn hot we could all think clearer, but blame Putin because he is the cause of that.
I thought MMGW was gonna cause us all to drown in rising seas.

I just love the look on peoples faces whey you call Covid the flu. First they get this look of confused righteous indignation, as if you were an idiot parasite, and then comes eye roll as they start to walk away. Or even better, they begin to lecture you on how Covid is some extraterrestrial virus that is unlike any virus that has ever existed, so much so that it deserves its own separate classification.
You are totally correct

well said

OK smart guys, if COVID-19 is so harmless, why is it causing strokes in younger people?

I just love the look on peoples faces whey you call Covid the flu. First they get this look of confused righteous indignation, as if you were an idiot parasite, and then comes eye roll as they start to walk away. Or even better, they begin to lecture you on how Covid is some extraterrestrial virus that is unlike any virus that has ever existed, so much so that it deserves its own separate classification.
The Flu, is an INFLUENZA virus,

And Covid, is a new CORONA Virus.... a new SARS virus called SARS-Cov2 by scientists

They are not the same, and have never been the same, and have completely different cell structures?

5 Million Cases Worldwide, 650,000 Deaths Annually: The Seasonal Flu Virus is a “Serious Concern”, But the Wuhan Coronavirus Grabs the Headlines

First published on January 27, 2020. Figures quoted for the coranavirus pertain to late January

The common flu virus will infect millions across the globe. It can be easily spread and will especially strike the young and the elderly. But this is not what has been described as the Wuhan virus. The common flu is far deadlier. This is not to downplay the Wuhan coronavirus flu, or to give it its medical name, 2019-nCoV.

The common flu causes up to 5 million cases of severe illness worldwide and kills up to 650,000 people every year, according to the World Health Organization

The corona virus figures in your op link are from January 27th......

that was a million gazillion trillion years ago, as far as what we have learned and met on the ground, with this new Corona virus..... The USA alone will have over 100,000 dead from just 2 months of COVID, in just April and May..... on average the USA has 24,000 to 52,000 deaths from the flu virus, each year, yes YEAR.....

but as mentioned, flu deaths are lower due to having a vaccine.... and that is what we are hoping for, with a good vaccine for this Corona Virus, to cut the deaths drastically, with the vaccine's herd immunity, if 60% to 70% of the Population innoculated for herd immunity or immune through natural herd immunity, by surviving the virus.... if we can reach 70% immunity by the world population, we can KILL THE VIRUS OFF, altogether!

I guess in the late 60s the Hong Kong Flu killed 100k in the US and we didn’t close down or cancel Woodstock

The corona virus figures in your op link are from January 27th......

that was a million gazillion trillion years ago, as far as what we have learned and met on the ground, with this new Corona virus..... The USA alone will have over 100,000 dead from just 2 months of COVID, in just April and May..... on average the USA has 24,000 to 52,000 deaths from the flu virus, each year, yes YEAR.....

but as mentioned, flu deaths are lower due to having a vaccine.... and that is what we are hoping for, with a good vaccine for this Corona Virus, to cut the deaths drastically, with the vaccine's herd immunity, if 60% to 70% of the Population innoculated for herd immunity or immune through natural herd immunity, by surviving the virus.... if we can reach 70% immunity by the world population, we can KILL THE VIRUS OFF, altogether!
So? 650,000 flu deaths and no shutdown of the world economy. Why?

I just love the look on peoples faces whey you call Covid the flu. First they get this look of confused righteous indignation, as if you were an idiot parasite, and then comes eye roll as they start to walk away.

Sounds like the people you describe are being polite. I call people calling it the flu fucking idiots, usually right to their stupid faces. They like this even less for some reason.

Well, that's fake news.

The real flu numbers are an estimated range, not a total.

The actual facts are 250,000-650,000 world wide in any given year. Is an estimate because many third world countries are not capable of tracking the numbers and have higher morbidity because of limited treatment capabilities.

Covid19 on the other hand we suspect we are underestimating yet we have already reached the average flu season in just a few months.
So?
So you're full of shit.

We have over a million cases of corona and 100,000 dead.

NO flu has done that since the Spanish Flu...which killed 50 million world wide
650,000 dead per year from the flu, Dummy.

Why do you deny science, Flat Earther?
That's a lie.

Stop lying.

If you knew the difference you wouldn't have claimed my numbers were wrong.

And if you want to know how many were vaccinated go look it up. I'm not your servant.

You are trying to show the effectiveness of the flu vaccine, yet failed to provide the number of people who died after taking the shot. Fix your thinking and I won't bitch about your sloppy claims.

The claim USED to be "80,000 dead in the US from Flu" in a YEAR

When that was a actually "25,000 to 80,000" in the worst year for flu in a 100 years, counted in a way that would have corovid deaths 25% to 50% higher.

But oh wait...we're running up on 100,000 dead ( in two months yet) so THAT bogus bullshit had to be scrapped and we get this

Forum List

Back