Zone1 7 Christian Virtues

They are often enumerated as chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility.

How many of the 7 Christian virtues does Trump display?

Ding?
a scout is trustwothy loyal helpful friendly courteous kind obedient cheerful thrifty brave clean and reverent.

nope, no good qualities there either.

perhaps we should look at the deadly sins or 10 commandments. . at mar a lago, those are like "thou shallts"

wtf is all the fuss about god's chosen one and king of the jews bull shit?

Actually, those of us who do not know President Trump personally have no real basis to judge. He's probably not very high on the humility scale, although what successful politician is?

If you want to focus on "Christian stuff," I think the more profound assessments can be directed at the other guy. He is a person who visibly claims that he is a "practicing Roman Catholic." And yet, he thumbs his nose at core Catholic beliefs about marriage, the sanctity of life, and sodomy, among others. Indeed, he has openly changed his position on these matters for nothing but political advantage. He voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, and now openly supports gay marriage (and all that it implies). He opposed Federal funding for abortions for years; now he aggressively supports a non-existent "right" to get an abortion. He nominated an open homosexual to a cabinet level position for which he was not remotely qualified, simply to make it clear that he supports homosexuals and the abomination of gay "marriage."

President Trump had two or three widely publicized adulterous affairs; President Biden is personally responsible for thousands of instances of infanticide.

If you are a Christian, where do YOU draw the line?

I read the Bible nearly every single day and have for years. Right now I'm finishing Ephesians for the nth time. I have never read about "Christian virtues" in the Bible. Where did you get this?
They're in there, just not enumerated in one place.

I read the Bible nearly every single day and have for years. Right now I'm finishing Ephesians for the nth time. I have never read about "Christian virtues" in the Bible. Where did you get this?
Christ's teachings. Try a red letter Bible and read the 4 gospels.

Wikipedia offers Tertullian as the author in the late 2nd Century AD ... but as stated above, each of these virtues in discussed at length somewhere in the Bible, just the the Bible herself doesn't enumerate them ...

I'd wonder how many US Christians display even half of these.

A US Christian would have to say none ... in order to comply with the last virtue ... the humble man claims to be a sinner ...

Actually, those of us who do not know President Trump personally have no real basis to judge. He's probably not very high on the humility scale, although what successful politician is?

If you want to focus on "Christian stuff," I think the more profound assessments can be directed at the other guy. He is a person who visibly claims that he is a "practicing Roman Catholic." And yet, he thumbs his nose at core Catholic beliefs about marriage, the sanctity of life, and sodomy, among others. Indeed, he has openly changed his position on these matters for nothing but political advantage. He voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, and now openly supports gay marriage (and all that it implies). He opposed Federal funding for abortions for years; now he aggressively supports a non-existent "right" to get an abortion. He nominated an open homosexual to a cabinet level position for which he was not remotely qualified, simply to make it clear that he supports homosexuals and the abomination of gay "marriage."

President Trump had two or three widely publicized adulterous affairs; President Biden is personally responsible for thousands of instances of infanticide.

If you are a Christian, where do YOU draw the line?

Then we aren't a Christian nation are we?

80 percent of Americans believe abortion should be legal​

And a lot of Christians are cherry pickers when it comes to sin. Why should Biden be any different?

Can you imagine our overpopulation and poverty problem if we didn't have abortion?

Abortion is an economic issue. You don't want to raise my taxes but you want to force me to have a child I can't afford? That's going to cost me $300,000 over 18 years.

Wikipedia offers Tertullian as the author in the late 2nd Century AD ... but as stated above, each of these virtues in discussed at length somewhere in the Bible, just the the Bible herself doesn't enumerate them ...

I'd wonder how many US Christians display even half of these.

A US Christian would have to say none ... in order to comply with the last virtue ... the humble man claims to be a sinner ...

So then why choose a non-Biblical writer when Galatians summarizes it so well in the fruits of the Spirit?

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Self-control
Faithfulness
Gentleness

Then we aren't a Christian nation are we?

80 percent of Americans believe abortion should be legal​

And a lot of Christians are cherry pickers when it comes to sin. Why should Biden be any different?

Can you imagine our overpopulation and poverty problem if we didn't have abortion?

Abortion is an economic issue. You don't want to raise my taxes but you want to force me to have a child I can't afford? That's going to cost me $300,000 over 18 years.

1. We are not a "Christian nation"

2. You have made a thread about virtues and in this thread you are extolling that mothers should kill their own unborn babies for financial reasons

I mean.....

So then why choose a non-Biblical writer when Galatians summarizes it so well in the fruits of the Spirit?

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Self-control
Faithfulness
Gentleness

How many of these do you believe you possess?

1. We are not a "Christian nation"

2. You have made a thread about virtues and in this thread you are extolling that mothers should kill their own unborn babies for financial reasons

I mean.....
I'm not a Christian. And this land is our land. So you are right we aren't Christian nation. And Trump is no Christian. But he serves them. So does the Supreme Court and Mike Pence. Bible Thumpers.

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Self-control
Faithfulness
Gentleness

Because it's okay to do so ... many have ... if he reminds us to be humble, then we chose correctly ... the same as Paul reminding us to be faithful in Galatians ...

We can chose both and commit no sin ... it's not an either/or proposition ...

Forum List

Back