7 Million dollars tax break to Carrier for 800 jobs

One last time ... you're wrong. 1300 jobs are NOT going across the Rio Grande.

If you're going to tell lies, at least make them believable.

Let's see your source. :)

Help yourself ---- you don't get off the hook that easy. If you want to disprove what I said, find your own damn reference.

But, of course, a whole bunch of jobs are still going to Mexico: 1,300, Fortune reported. The outsourcing trend remains intact.

A pattern is emerging with Trump's deals to save US manufacturing jobs

LOL --- so now your complaint is that he didn't save all the jobs, just 70% of them? That's a complaint ??

You've got to be kidding.

You can have 800 --- or you can have zero. Sounds like a win to me.

BTW - now I see where you leftists are getting all discombobulated about the number of jobs. Carrier was moving 1300 jobs to Mexico. United Technologies, the parent company, was moving an additional 800 jobs.

Trump has finished negotiations with Carrier about the 800 jobs.

United Technologies was not included in that settlement. Their situation is still in discussion.

No. You're numbers are still wrong. Go back and read again. United Technologies owns Carrier...you understand that right?
...and just because they are doing well doesn't mean every business they own is doing well. Sober up and think about it.

Claudette, post: 15959811
deal for both side. And you are still a sore loser dipshit.

Trump Campaign Promise: "If I was in office, Carrier wouldn't be leaving,"

Trump's not in office yet but he just gave Carrier millions in free tv publicity even though most of Carrier's jobs in Indiana are still going to Mexico.

Massive fail on Trump's part and all the Trumpsuckers are celebrating a 'fake news' publicity stunt paid for by Indiana's taxpayers.

Last edited:
Iceweasel, post: 15960368.
They were moving the whole plant but you think saving the near 1,100 jobs is somehow a negative on Trump and the economy.

It's not on immediate negative on the economy. In time it may be. It is a negative on Trump.

He failed his first test of keeping a campaign promise. He gave Carrier the go ahead to take 1300 jobs to Mexico while rewarding their anti-American, Make America Weak Again actions.

1300 jobs are now endorsed by silence from Trump to go to Mexico. 1300 of them.

Trump's not in office yet but he just gave Carrier millions in free tv publicity even though most of Carrier's jobs in Indiana are still going to Mexico.

Massive fail on Trump's part and all the Trumpsuckers are celebrating a 'fake news' publicity stunt paid for by Indiana's taxpayers.

Anyone else remember Obama's phony jobs "saved or created" metric? Trump’s already got jobs saved

They were moving the whole plant but you think saving the near 1,100 jobs is somehow a negative on Trump and the economy.

It's not on immediate negative on the economy. In time it may be. It is a negative on Trump.

He failed his first test of keeping a campaign promise. He gave Carrier the go ahead to take 1300 jobs to Mexico while rewarding their anti-American, Make America Weak Again actions.

Only libturds think saving nearly 1,100 jobs is a negative. Thanks for proving how corrupt the left is.

Extortion

It is better than Obama spending trillions of dollars on a stimulus that failed to deliver any jobs promised via taxpayer money

Or how about GE not paying any income tax under Obama?

As we can see, hypocrisy still reigns supreme in Washington.

You do realize that if Trump continues to keep jobs in the US, voters won't really give a damn how he did it come next election, right?

Here's a thought. How about slashing the Corporate Income Tax or eliminating it altogether and then we don't have to worry about this anymore. Foreign companies would be moving here.
Isn't that Trump's plan?

He claims to want to cut it to 15%. I would like to see it gone altogether.

What's being lost here:

Carrier gets this over a 10 year period as part of an incentive package which includes the continued employment.

Carrier is investing 16 million into the plan.

Carrier also gets parts from other existing US businesses which will keep them viable as well.

Sounds like a win/win to me

What's being lost here:

Carrier gets this over a 10 year period as part of an incentive package which includes the continued employment.

Carrier is investing 16 million into the plan.

Carrier also gets parts from other existing US businesses which will keep them viable as well.

Sounds like a win/win to me
That's what has democrats in such a fury.

Only libturds think saving nearly 1,100 jobs is a negative. Thanks for proving how corrupt the left is.

You morons have no idea idea

You morons have no idea what you're talking about. Is it possible that you don't understand the cost and the consequences of this??

Trump's Carrier speech 'absolutely chilling,' economic analyst says
President-elect Donald Trump's speech about his deal to keep Carrier jobs in the United States was "absolutely the worst speech," economic policy analyst Jimmy Pethokoukis told CNBC on Thursday.

Trump boasted about his deal to keep about 1,100 Carrier jobs in Indiana, and also took aim at other companies who may be thinking about moving jobs out of the country.

"Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences. Not going to happen. It's not going to happen, I'll tell you right now," Trump said on Thursday. Trump's Carrier speech 'absolutely chilling,' economic analyst says

Maybe you think that you know more than this guy:

Pethokoukis, a scholar with the conservative-leaning American Enterprise Institute, called it the worst economic speech since Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale promised to reverse Reaganomics in 1984.
The idea that American corporations are going to have to make business decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a presidential administration. I think that's absolutely chilling," he said in an interview with CNBC's "Closing Bell."

Or this guy:

Robert Shapiro, former undersecretary of commerce for economic affairs under President Bill Clinton, said the problem in this country is not about getting people to work.

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

Tell us more about you credentials in economics and public policy sparky!!

Democrats wanted to continue their war on American workers into the Trump administration. They found out they can't. Now they are going crazy knowing that the juggernaut of unemployment hit a snag.

Every American job saved is a defeat to them.

You do know Trump isn't in office, right?

We know democrats wanted all of the workers to lose their jobs. Reminding us every day isn't necessary

We know democrats wanted all of the workers to lose their jobs. Reminding us every day isn't necessary
What!! ??That is so fucking stupid that I can't stand it ! Why the fuck would we want them all to lose their jobs? You just say moronic and inflammatory crap to get attention-Just like Trump

What!! ??That is so fucking stupid that I can't stand it ! Why the fuck would we want them all to lose their jobs? You just say moronic and inflammatory crap to get attention-Just like Trump
Democrats want workers to lose their jobs to collapse the system. It's been the goal of democrats since Cloward and Piven dreamed it up in the 60s.

Democrats want workers to lose their jobs to collapse the system. It's been the goal of democrats since Cloward and Piven dreamed it up in the 60s.
Cloward and Piven wanted the system to collapse ?? Seriously? I read Cloward and Piven- Regulating the poor. I know what demented bullshit you peddling. They argued that a social safety net keeps the system going and is vital to capitalism. I really don't know where or how you come up with this crap.

Cloward and Piven wanted the system to collapse ?? Seriously? I read Cloward and Piven- Regulating the poor. I know what demented bullshit you peddling. They argued that a social safety net keeps the system going and is vital to capitalism. I really don't know where or how you come up with this crap.
They wanted to collapse the system as a way to bring in a universal guaranteed income. What leftist garbage can taught you.

Forum List

Back