7 Million dollars tax break to Carrier for 800 jobs

Indiana agrees $7 million tax break to keep Carrier jobs in state: company

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

You were fine throwing away $9.2 billion on bailing out the auto industry.

Throwing away? Thats a funny way to describe a loan.

Yes, it would be, but since that's the money that was never paid back, I'm not sure what your point is.

A great deal of the money NOT paid back was under Bush's first loan from Chrysler. Maybe you should take it up with them?

That would be incorrect

Federal government lost $9.26B on auto rescue

Do you agree with the contention that the auto bailout was a successful move?

Lastamender, post: 15958345 United Technologies pays an effective rate of 9%. Pretty low don't you think? Where is the bottom. They are at 9% but still taking 1300 jobs across the Rio Grande that Trump and Pence did not care about saving in the Huuuuggge deal.

One last time ... you're wrong. 1300 jobs are NOT going across the Rio Grande.

If you're going to tell lies, at least make them believable.

Let's see your source. :)

Help yourself ---- you don't get off the hook that easy. If you want to disprove what I said, find your own damn reference.

But, of course, a whole bunch of jobs are still going to Mexico: 1,300, Fortune reported. The outsourcing trend remains intact.

A pattern is emerging with Trump's deals to save US manufacturing jobs

LOL --- so now your complaint is that he didn't save all the jobs, just 70% of them? That's a complaint ??

You've got to be kidding.

You can have 800 --- or you can have zero. Sounds like a win to me.

BTW - now I see where you leftists are getting all discombobulated about the number of jobs. Carrier was moving 1300 jobs to Mexico. United Technologies, the parent company, was moving an additional 800 jobs.

Trump has finished negotiations with Carrier about the 800 jobs.

United Technologies was not included in that settlement. Their situation is still in discussion.
Seven million/800 = $8750 per job. Sounds pretty damned reasonable to keep 800 families afloat.

Will those former Democrat voters ever forgive democrats for their fury at the employees not losing their jobs?

If there is anything glaring out of this, it's an exhibition of the hatred and contempt democrats have for middle class voters.

Ahem...weren't you one of those who were seething at Obama 'bailing out' the car industry. The same car industry that Obama made pay back the tax payer? Just saying'. Hypocrite.

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

Here's the whole story dipshit.

How Donald Trump got Carrier to stay

And this one is from CNN.

Before calling anybody a dipshit, you might want to read the whole link. None of it is good from a Trumpie perspective. None of it.

Oh I think it was a good deal for both side. And you are still a sore loser dipshit.

[

Oh I think it was a good deal for both side. And you are still a sore loser dipshit.

And yet your own link says otherwise. How dumb are you? (rhetorical question - you're a fucking moron)

Not half as much a fucking moron as you are.

Carrier: State 'incentives' key to jobs deal

Carrier is getting a modest $7 million in financial incentives over the next 10 years from the state of Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs at an Indianapolis plant, sources familiar with the deal tells CNN.
That is just a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it expected to save if it had moved those jobs to Mexico. It suggests that the incentives cited by Carrier were not the only factor in its decision to stay put.

The company will get $500,000 per year in state income tax refunds, as long as it keeps at least 1,069 manufacturing jobs in the state.

Here's the whole story dipshit.

How Donald Trump got Carrier to stay

And this one is from CNN.

Before calling anybody a dipshit, you might want to read the whole link. None of it is good from a Trumpie perspective. None of it.

Just for you, you dumb slapper. I've even bolded the important parts to get it through your dumb skull. And it's from your own link. How dumb can you get? oh, that's right, you're a Trumpie voter....makes sense

But experts say the state incentives are more likely window dressing.

Most research indicates that economic development incentives rarely change a firm's behavior, according to Nathan Jensen, a professor at the University of Texas. "They are a subsidy to a company with little value to society. Our research shows that offering incentives is a great way for politicians to take credit, or minimize blame, for company decisions."

Even though this package of incentives isn't a lot of money, the practice is worrisome from a policy perspective, Jensen said.

"It's clearly a small deal. But you have a business that made a threat getting $7 million it doesn't need," Jensen said, "while there are small businesses paying the full tax rate." He added that "there's the concern that this only encourages more companies to make this kind of threat to move, if not to Mexico then to another state."

Even some conservatives said they didn't like the idea of an incoming administration getting this involved in negotiations to save one company, especially one with such a minimal impact on the overall economy. They say it smacks of government interference in the marketplace, which they think is a bad idea.

"It makes sense for a president and his team to change a tax code, change the regulatory environment to help businesses," Douglas Holtz-Eakin, president of the American Action Forum, a conservative Washington think tank, told CNN. "I'm not a big fan of this kind of negotiation. I think the more limited it is the better."

Last edited:
It just doesn't matter to a Trump voter. Trump was correct, he could kill someone in Times Square in broad daylight, and these people would not care. They will only care when they personally are evicted out onto the street as they lose their jobs, and can't pay their mortgages. Then, as with Bush, they will never admit to having voted for Trump.

It just doesn't matter to a Trump voter. Trump was correct, he could kill someone in Times Square in broad daylight, and these people would not care. They will only care when they personally are evicted out onto the street as they lose their jobs, and can't pay their mortgages. Then, as with Bush, they will never admit to having voted for Trump.

Butthurt much?? LMAO

Population of IN
6.6 Million

7 million dollar tax break over 10 years costs each person 10.1 cents a year for 10 years

OMFG that will just bankrupt everyone

Oh I dunno... read the whole fucking thread about it here. :alcoholic:
And yet another worthless post. You have nothing.

There is literally a whole fucking thread about the CEO getting a golden parachute as a bonus... I'm sorry you are too lazy to read this forum. You must be on welfare...with the other people you call lazy.
You can't back up your shit. Sending people away when they challenge you is transparent. You shit your pants, you know it, I know it, now everyone knows it.

Ok...so when I give you the link to it, are you going to read it? Of course not. Now dipshit... quit crying.

United Technologies gave former CEO a golden parachute as a gift
That wasn't the challenge. You said more than that, now you are pretending it's all you spewed. You said the company was doing just fine here, the company is Carrier, not the corporation that owns it. Try again turdbrain.

Tax Payers will have to pay $10k a year to keep jobs that pay $34k. Trump / Pence = Idiots! Maybe the next deal Tax Payers can pick up the tab for entire paycheck.

View attachment 100520

Obama's Auto Bailout only had a $10k one time cost per job & that was only because they were pushed into selling stock to soon. Trump / Pence Deal cost that every year per job!

Obama is 30 times better at negotiating than Trump!

OPEC is showing Trump who is Boss!
How does your chart back up your statements? And how does a tax relief on a company cost money? You make no sense.

Will those former Democrat voters ever forgive democrats for their fury at the employees not losing their jobs?

If there is anything glaring out of this, it's an exhibition of the hatred and contempt democrats have for middle class voters.

How will the 1,300 people who lost their jobs because Trump didn't save them vote next election cycle?
Speaking as a former member and local officer in the United Steelworkers of America, and a vet, YOU DON'T GET IT!!!!Donald Trump is now our champion and I can assure you, and your never been dirty hands, DJT will do alright.

My never dirty hands... gotcha boss.

He's your hero? For sacrificing 1,300 people to save 1,000?
You keep regurgitating the same retarded garbage. They were moving the whole plant but you think saving the near 1,100 jobs is somehow a negative on Trump and the economy. It makes no sense. You're a madman rocking wildly in his padded cell chanting nonsense.

Forum List

Back