70% blame the GOP

Poll: Republicans' Handling Of Shutdown Increasingly Unpopular

The government shutdown isn't winning anyone in Washington points with the public -- but Republicans are faring the worst, according to new polls.

A Washington Post/ABC poll released Monday found that while the public's ratings for the president and both parties in Congress remain negative, disapproval of Republicans has grown in the past week. Seventy percent of Americans now disapprove of how Republicans in Congress are handling budget negotiations, up from 63 percent last week.

Gonna be 80% next week, boys. Welcome to Nov14.

BFD

Like the majority that voted in Obammuer, unarguably the worst POTUS in American history, the minority has to right the ship

I relish in another day of the shutdown

Good times

BTW- Sam Zell is on Squawk Box and just called the Obama regime "The Imperial Whitehouse"

That's what business thinks of Obama and why the economy refuses to come out of the ditch

-Geaux

Last edited:

The government shutdown isn't winning anyone in Washington points with the public -- but Republicans are faring the worst, according to new polls.

A Washington Post/ABC poll released Monday found that while the public's ratings for the president and both parties in Congress remain negative, disapproval of Republicans has grown in the past week. Seventy percent of Americans now disapprove of how Republicans in Congress are handling budget negotiations, up from 63 percent last week.

The shutdown didn't affect the races in 1996. R's gained seats in the Senate and only lost 3 in the House.

Maintained a majority in both.
ummmmm didn't the republicans acquiesce to the President's demands in 1996? If these present day republicans give in to the president's concerns, then I suppose it's possible that they won't be hurt that much either....

Luckily for Clinton he failed at health care reform, he was lucky, Obama, not so much.

Given that Democrats negatives are only a few points less, it's a Pyrrhic victory to say the least.

Seventy percent of Americans now disapprove of how Republicans in Congress are handling budget negotiations, up from 63 percent last week.

Because of the republican shutdown there aren’t any ‘budget negotiations.’

Funny, the Dems are the only ones who have said they refuse to negotiate yet the majority of the blame is on the Rs? Propaganda, the left is doing it right.

Yo asshole....thats like blaming the American Revolution on Sam Adams...wear that badge!!!

The shutdown didn't affect the races in 1996. R's gained seats in the Senate and only lost 3 in the House.

ummmmm didn't the republicans acquiesce to the President's demands in 1996? If these present day republicans give in to the president's concerns, then I suppose it's possible that they won't be hurt that much either....

Big part of the problem.

But they believe, as I believe that we, US citizens will be hurt of they don't delay the ACA for a year...and that is why I appreciate the position they are taking.

The bottom line is this....all polls show at least 51% of Americans are not sold on the ACA....many republicans ran on the platform of either knocking down the ACA or, at the very least, bettering it. ANd they were elected to do so.

SO when someone like McCain criticizes those same republicans for doing what they were elected to do, it irks the hell out of me.

Many say President Obama was re-elected because of the ACA...I don't necessarily disagree....but many republicans were elected to do something about it.

Thus the need for a compromise.

The GOP is ready to make a deal.....such as delaying it for a year so genuine concerns can be addressed......the democrats and the president refuse.

SO how can one blame the GOP? Because they are doing what they were elected to do?

I blame also the republicans. They shouldn't be using our economy as a tool towards these means...

Sorry...

I ONLY blame the Repubs. And IF the Rethugs have us default, and us Americans that still have money in retirement accounts and such, see 50% of that value gone, almost ALL Americans with some money will blame Repubs

After all, which party was it that used the shut down and default as negotiating tools? Who made the treats to do this. What was it the Cruz was selling this summer and late fall? Cruz was selling a shut down. He got it. The Rethugs will get the blame. Rightly so.

I blame also the republicans. They shouldn't be using our economy as a tool towards these means...

Sorry...

They are not using the economy as a tool toward these means.

You watch way too much Rachel Maddow.

America is hurting and will hurt even worse because of this impasse.

The level head pundits in the GOP like Will and Krauthammer etc are saying the GOP is doing the wrong thing.

The GOP is engaged in demon politics, and such will hurt the party badly.

Sorry...

I ONLY blame the Repubs. And IF the Rethugs have us default, and us Americans that still have money in retirement accounts and such, see 50% of that value gone, almost ALL Americans with some money will blame Repubs

After all, which party was it that used the shut down and default as negotiating tools? Who made the treats to do this. What was it the Cruz was selling this summer and late fall? Cruz was selling a shut down. He got it. The Rethugs will get the blame. Rightly so.

Uh...excuse me....

They did not use the shutdown and the default as negotiating tools.

They used the budget debate and the debt limit debate to negotiate.

You know...the way it is supposed to be?

America is hurting and will hurt even worse because of this impasse.

The level head pundits in the GOP like Will and Krauthammer etc are saying the GOP is doing the wrong thing.

The GOP is engaged in demon politics, and such will hurt the party badly.

Looks like even Bill O'Reilly is opposed to the GOP using the shutdown to get their way with ACA...

But they believe, as I believe that we, US citizens will be hurt of they don't delay the ACA for a year...and that is why I appreciate the position they are taking.

The bottom line is this....all polls show at least 51% of Americans are not sold on the ACA....many republicans ran on the platform of either knocking down the ACA or, at the very least, bettering it. ANd they were elected to do so.

SO when someone like McCain criticizes those same republicans for doing what they were elected to do, it irks the hell out of me.

Many say President Obama was re-elected because of the ACA...I don't necessarily disagree....but many republicans were elected to do something about it.

The GOP is ready to make a deal.....such as delaying it for a year so genuine concerns can be addressed......the democrats and the president refuse.

SO how can one blame the GOP? Because they are doing what they were elected to do?

The GOP was elected to wreck the economy if they couldn't get things they wanted done legislatively? Where was that in their campaign fliers?

The GOP was elected to wreck the economy if they couldn't get things they wanted done legislatively? Where was that in their campaign fliers?

Stop with the childish spin.

They were elected to do something about the ACA....it was a platform they ran on.

Ironically, the ACA was barley discussed by the Obama campaign...and yet people on the left say "he was re-elected BECUASE of the ACA"....

But when the GOP candidates ran on doing something about the ACA, people like you say they were NOT elected to do something about it.

Bizzaro world.

ABC poll? Lol. Nope, this is on the dems.

Sorry...

They are using the hammer of the economy as a means toward the end....of improving the economy.

they represent a large group of people who believe what they believe. And as a result they won the house.

It would be irresponsible to not represent their constituents as they promised.

We have a divided government. That is a good thing.

What makes it a bad thing?

When one side refuses to negotiate.

Stop with the childish spin.

They were elected to do something about the ACA....it was a platform they ran on.

Ironically, the ACA was barley discussed by the Obama campaign...and yet people on the left say "he was re-elected BECUASE of the ACA"....

But when the GOP candidates ran on doing something about the ACA, people like you say they were NOT elected to do something about it.

Bizzaro world.

What is childish is the GOP's temper tantrum over not being able to repeal the ACA legislatively.

Do you truly support the minority party forcing through threat of shutdown or default what they cannot pass legislatively? Will you support it when it's the Democrats doing it to a Republican President? No, of course you wouldn't. You'd be screaming bloody murder about how they were circumventing our system of government.

The election cycle wasn't that long ago...do you really not recall Mittens running on "Repeal and replace"? He did...and lost in an electoral landslide.

There is a way to repeal the ACA...holding the country hostage isn't it.

They are using the hammer of the economy as a means toward the end....of improving the economy.

they represent a large group of people who believe what they believe. And as a result they won the house.

It would be irresponsible to not represent their constituents as they promised.

We have a divided government. That is a good thing.

What makes it a bad thing?

When one side refuses to negotiate.

Negotiate? What are the republicans offering in this "negotiation"? We know what they want, but what are they offering.

Forum List

Back