7000-1. Guess Who Won

Wrong is wrong. Sorry, but public arts commissions should not have sway over private property.
I totally support that kind of opinion.

What I take issue is the attempt to make this a left vs right thing. I think you’re probably going to find similar rules and applications for these things regardless of what party is in power.

I totally support that kind of opinion.

What I take issue is the attempt to make this a left vs right thing. I think you’re probably going to find similar rules and applications for these things regardless of what party is in power.

It's more the left doing this, as they favor government control of pretty much everything.

I am happy someone is not allowed to open a slaughter house or gun range next to my house, that is true.
You seem to want complete control over what other people can and cannot do, making you unwanted in any civilized group setting.

Of couurse, if such a thing were to happen you could always move, even be encouraged to move.

It's more the left doing this, as they favor government control of pretty much everything.
If you say so. I think that’s just your own political bias speaking.

I think conservatives have no problem using government to control others. They just don’t want it to be used against them.

I think conservatives have no problem using government to control others. They just don’t want it to be used against them.
Name one place

The only general exception to control vs not control is abortion, and that's because they see a fetus as another person.

Leftism is about the collective over the individual, about supposed "betters" knowing more than the masses, and rigorous persecution of anyone who goes outside the groupthink.

You seem to want complete control over what other people can and cannot do, making you unwanted in any civilized group setting.

Of couurse, if such a thing were to happen you could always move, even be encouraged to move.

Not at all, just some common sense.

I do not want my neighbor to put in a slaughter house next to me.

Why must all your partisan make everything personal?

Again a strawman argument. Having an industrial zoning requirement is about safety, commonality of usage of a given area, as well as the infrastructure, mainly power, required above and beyond commercial and residential usages.

I walk by anti-Trump crap all the time in NY, and guess what? I KEEP WALKING.

The only general exception to control vs not control is abortion, and that's because they see a fetus as another person.

Leftism is about the collective over the individual, about supposed "betters" knowing more than the masses, and rigorous persecution of anyone who goes outside the groupthink.
I don’t think the right is as devoted to individualism as they proclaim. They seem to be very proud that they think they do, but remember this is the party that is far more adherent to religion, the OG groupthink that persecutes anyone who goes outside it.

I mean, it wasn’t that long ago that the right considered gay people an abomination. I’m sure some still do. Maybe a lot of them, but they know they lost that battle. They still are quite happy to persecute people who demonstrate any kind of gender fluidity. It doesn’t even matter if they identify as trans, if a man acts in any way effeminate or not up to their masculine standards, they’re ridiculed.

You are reacting from a personal point of view. Witness your continual use of *I* want or do not want.

Not common sense at all, since you have never displayed any, just pure egotism and a desire to dominate all others.

A wannabe Hitler.

You are reacting from a personal point of view. Witness your continual use of *I* want or do not want.

And???

Not common sense at all, since you have never displayed any, just pure egotism and a desire to dominate all others.

A wannabe Hitler.

Wow, another partisan born without a sense of irony.

It seems to be a common affliction among the sheep

I don’t think the right is as devoted to individualism as they proclaim. They seem to be very proud that they think they do, but remember this is the party that is far more adherent to religion, the OG groupthink that persecutes anyone who goes outside it.

I mean, it wasn’t that long ago that the right considered gay people an abomination. I’m sure some still do. Maybe a lot of them, but they know they lost that battle. They still are quite happy to persecute people who demonstrate any kind of gender fluidity. It doesn’t even matter if they identify as trans, if a man acts in any way effeminate or not up to their masculine standards, they’re ridiculed.
Being an adherent of a religion doesn't mean forcing it on people. Environmentalism and LGBT(whatever letters have been added) advocacy is far more pushed on people than anything else.

Homosexuality is considered sinful by most major religions, revisionism in some liberal sects nothwithstanding.

What persecution of Trans people? Making them use the right bathroom? Putting them in the proper prison for their actual sex? Trying not to turn it into a fad that hurts kids?

Being an adherent of a religion doesn't mean forcing it on people. Environmentalism and LGBT(whatever letters have been added) advocacy is far more pushed on people than anything else.

Homosexuality is considered sinful by most major religions, revisionism in some liberal sects nothwithstanding.

What persecution of Trans people? Making them use the right bathroom? Putting them in the proper prison for their actual sex? Trying not to turn it into a fad that hurts kids?
Say what you will about forcing things on people, but religion is definitely groupthink. The consequences of non-adherence aren’t just social ostracism, but eternal damnation. It sounds trivial to adults but remember children are indoctrinated in this groupthink and taught to fear leaving.

This isn’t just encouraged on the political right, but is mandatory if you want to have any success in the party.

But this adherence to religion only extends to Christianity and to some extends Judaism.

Lest we forget the ground zero mosque? The right had little compunction about attempting to prevent this from being built.

Say what you will about forcing things on people, but religion is definitely groupthink. The consequences of non-adherence aren’t just social ostracism, but eternal damnation. It sounds trivial to adults but remember children are indoctrinated in this groupthink and taught to fear leaving.

This isn’t just encouraged on the political right, but is mandatory if you want to have any success in the party.

But this adherence to religion only extends to Christianity and to some extends Judaism.

Lest we forget the ground zero mosque? The right had little compunction about attempting to prevent this from being built.

And yet plenty leave the mainstream ones all the time when they get older. Unless you are a Calvinist free will is imperative in any religion for salvation or damnation.

Plenty of Republicans aren't religious.

Mosques have been used as "Victory monuments" by Muslims throughout history. Look at the Hagia Sophia as an example.

What do you mean “allowed”? The rules were almost certainly passed by elective representatives. Unfortunately, it looks like the courts have ruled that these rules are constitutional but I have no problem with them taking the city to court.

See here where a conservative city came down on a mural by a liberal organization.

Well that sums it up....

Are our pro mural anti government going to bat for UTD?

And yet plenty leave the mainstream ones all the time when they get older. Unless you are a Calvinist free will is imperative in any religion for salvation or damnation.

Plenty of Republicans aren't religious.

Mosques have been used as "Victory monuments" by Muslims throughout history. Look at the Hagia Sophia as an example.

This is descending into farce...

Marty views are you can do anything you want as long as he agrees...

Much like he believes religious freedom as long it is Christian or Jewish... You can believe be atheist as long as you are a Christian atheist...

Forum List

Back