$8,314,529,850,339.07: Debt Up $70,612.91 Per Household in Obama’s First 7 Years

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
the must be that hope and change transformation he promised.

snip:
$8,314,529,850,339.07: Debt Up $70,612.91 Per Household in Obama’s First 7 Years
By Terence P. Jeffrey | January 26, 2016 | 12:44 PM EST
AddThis Sharing
88.8K16.3K
Shares
FacebookTwitterMore

(CNSNews.com) - The debt of the federal government increased by $8,314,529,850,339.07 in President Barack Obama’s first seven years in office, according to official data published by the U.S. Treasury.

That equals $70,612.91 in net federal borrowing for each of the 117,480,000 households that the Census Bureau estimates were in the United States as of September.

During President George W. Bush’s eight years in office, the federal debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44, according to the Treasury. That equaled $44,104.65 in net federal borrowing for each of the 111,079,000 households that, according to the Census Bureau, were in the country as of Jan. 20, 2009, the day that Bush left office and Obama assumed it.

In the fifteen years from the beginning of Bush’s first term to the end of Obama’s seventh year in office, the federal debt increased $13,213,630,160,947.51.

the whole article

yeah. It was already at $10,000,000,000,000 ($10 TRILLION) when he took office. Add to that a sit-on-your-hands Repub congress and what do you have :up: an Obstructionist (Repub) economy :clap2:

Some of it was actually bushs fault. But this moron didn't fuckin help. AT ALL.

yeah. It was already at $10,000,000,000,000 ($10 TRILLION) when he took office. Add to that a sit-on-your-hands Repub congress and what do you have :up: an Obstructionist (Repub) economy :clap2:
R deficit spending bad....

D deficit spending good...

can't fix stupid.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Cut taxes, start 2 wars (one with lies), put the wars on a credit card and blame the next guy when the bills come due. Your right lassie, there are no free rides and no such thing as taking responsibility for your own actions.

Cut taxes, start 2 wars (one with lies), put the wars on a credit card and blame the next guy when the bills come due. Your right lassie, there are no free rides and no such thing as taking responsibility for your own actions.
So...Obama did not deficit spend. He was paying W's bills. Who knew?

You know what the sickening thing about it is? Not a cent of it want to infrastructure, science, r&d and education that this nation needs. We're spending the least in 75 years on infrastructure per capita to give you a idea that this is true.

Where is the massive infrastructure improvements that a few trillion more could do?
Where is the mission to mars that a half a trillion could do?
Where is the cure for cancer that a half or a 1/4th trillion could probably do???
Where is the complete reform and funding of education?
We could wire most of our big cities with wifi!!!
What ever...

None of this happened, yet here we're spending more then enough money to get it all done. One really has to wonder wtf is going on??? It is sickening and it is wrong. It isn't that we're spending money that makes me angry but it is the fact that we're flushing it down the crapper and doing god knows what with it that does.

can't fix stupid.
(R) spending wasn't initially deficit "spending" it was deficit "borrowing" to pay for that "optional- war" that our current President was against from the outset

Transcript: Obama's Speech Against The Iraq War
What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics
buSvfix.jpg

Nice try though :itsok:

Last edited:
^ that

Not only did the Repub put the war off-budget and borrow the money (stole from our grand kids) he cut taxes for the wealthy. You can't make this stuff up. He basically terrorized our economy

So...Obama did not deficit spend. He was paying W's bills. Who knew?
Who knew? Everyone but you.
Obama’s Spending: ‘Inferno’ or Not?
yep. From your link:

MSalbFp.png

heres one from the WSJ:

45HOxf5.jpg

In the early 1980's when Reagan was president, the debt topped one trillion for the first time in history. I remember the media then asking how the US can survive with such a large debt load. Fast forward 30 years, and one half trillion dollars deficits are the norm. So, in two years we add as much debt as our country had for the first 200+ years of our existence.

Sadly, people aren't smart enough to do what we need to in order to ensure the viability of our country. The can will be kicked down the road until insolvency.

I suppose it serves us right. We could have continued to be a free country, unfortunately, we don't have the strength to be one.

Mark

In the early 1980's when Reagan was president, the debt topped one trillion for the first time in history. I remember the media then asking how the US can survive with such a large debt load. Fast forward 30 years, and one half trillion dollars deficits are the norm. So, in two years we add as much debt as our country had for the first 200+ years of our existence.

Sadly, people aren't smart enough to do what we need to in order to ensure the viability of our country. The can will be kicked down the road until insolvency.

I suppose it serves us right. We could have continued to be a free country, unfortunately, we don't have the strength to be one.

Mark
a large part of that has to do w/ being the world's reserve currency. Until that changes we have to continue w/ the farce

Mark
a large part of that has to do w/ being the world's reserve currency. Until that changes we have to continue w/ the farce

Even if we aren't the worlds currency anymore, the farce will continue until the end.

Mark

its all Bush;s fault according to the left. Obama is not at fault for anything
the must be that hope and change transformation he promised.

snip:
By Terence P. Jeffrey | January 26, 2016 | 12:44 PM EST
AddThis Sharing
88.8K16.3K
Shares
FacebookTwitterMore

(CNSNews.com) - The debt of the federal government increased by $8,314,529,850,339.07 in President Barack Obama’s first seven years in office, according to official data published by the U.S. Treasury.

That equals $70,612.91 in net federal borrowing for each of the 117,480,000 households that the Census Bureau estimates were in the United States as of September.

During President George W. Bush’s eight years in office, the federal debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44, according to the Treasury. That equaled $44,104.65 in net federal borrowing for each of the 111,079,000 households that, according to the Census Bureau, were in the country as of Jan. 20, 2009, the day that Bush left office and Obama assumed it.

In the fifteen years from the beginning of Bush’s first term to the end of Obama’s seventh year in office, the federal debt increased $13,213,630,160,947.51.

the whole article

can't fix stupid.
(R) spending wasn't initially deficit "spending" it was deficit "borrowing" to pay for that "optional- war" that our current President was against from the outset

Transcript: Obama's Speech Against The Iraq War
What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by poAfghanistanks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics
buSvfix.jpg

Nice try though :itsok:
So W forced BO to continue the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. How did he do this?

Forum List

Back