‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

Was it the mega box or even family size... inflation is real libs stop the gas lighting....
IMG_0863.jpeg

Some folks didn't plan so well. But that isn't what this is about.

After all........INFLATION IS UNDER CONTROL AND THE ECONOMY IS DOING GREAT
Very true. People tend be outraged over an $8 box of cereal but ignore the fact that the cereal has not had a significant price increase in over 5 years or the fact that appliances, furniture, and new and used cars, are all down in price over last year and wages are up. Inflation over the last 12 months is 3.2% This is slightly lower than the long term average of 3.28%, When the inflation rate is not rising and is less than the long term average, it is not out of control.

Last edited:
Maybe its like celery we ship east... costs less here...
Like I said we shop for all can and dry at Walmart marketplace usually but we also have a full or large Walmart about 5 miles away we will go to once in a while and there is even a difference in some of their grocery items than 5 miles back my way. It's a mystery but I believe all supermarkets price for what they know they can get in a particular area.

I buy plastic buckets for parts cleaner when working on my truck and Golf cart....
last year they were $2.50 per bucket... today $7.99.... window washers and painters use them... its like a tax on those small businesses....
We've been buying ice cream in gallon buckets. I have all of the parts cleaning, painting, and miscellaneous parts buckets that I can use---I love ice cream, LOL

The other day I went to Aldi (had not been there in over a year) and the prices were not rock bottom at all. The cheapest thing I saw was a head of cabbage for 69 cents. Even the chips were $2 and above.

Why would it be when the dollar is stronger now than when Biden took office?
Strength of the dollar is measured relative to other currencies. Typically the dollar will gain strength in some countries while losing strength in others. A strong dollar can have both negative and positive effects on the economy.

Forum List

Back