DeSantis Supports Florida's New School Curriculum That Calls Slavery a 'Benefit' for Black Americans

You don't know what opportunities I would have had, black folks in America are not the only successful black folks in the world. Walter Williams is a boot licking coon, who gives a damn what he thinks. Tell you what be a slave for 10yrs and then come back and tell me all the great opportunities it gave you.
I have checked those western African countries Williams named as well as others. He is right on target. Your opportunities in the USA exceed what you would have had there a thousand fold.

I have checked those western African countries Williams named as well as others. He is right on target. Your opportunities in the USA exceed what you would have had there a thousand fold.
You checked those countries? Did you visit any of them or was it something you saw on Tee Vee?

All ending the international slave trade did was protect the growing local one. Only about 500,000 slaves ever made it to America from the transatlantic slave route yet there were nearly 5 million slaves in the South at the start of the Civil War. Historical context doesn't end where you emotionally want it to you Simp.
Westilldo not know the individuals involved in the slave trade business in that era from Europe. The names of the captains of the ships who had huge stakes in it. Poer and money corrupts.

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

You can't make this ish up folks.

Please tell me some of the benefits black rec'd from slavery.
Fake news, debunked long ago

In the history everyone should remember that it wasn't Americans bringing slaves to America but it was England, Portugal, France, the Netherlands et al. when America was still a British colony. It was England, not the Americans, that made slavery prominent in the New World.
Get it right, Foxfyre.

Scores of thousands of Africans were brought into the US by Americans like James Bowie.

American business from New England and the Middle Atlantic investigated many millions of dollars in finanancing slave shipping

Get it right, Foxfyre.

Scores of thousands of Africans were brought into the US by Americans like James Bowie.

American business from New England and the Middle Atlantic investigated many millions of dollars in finanancing slave shipping
What some people did to line their own pockets is NOT American policy or culture though or at all what was culturally accepted or the norm. The fact is the Founders to a man opposed slavery in principle and stopped the import of any new slaves. And only a small fraction (4 to 6%) of those slaves transported to the 'new world' were sold to British Americans while the rest went mostly to Brazil and the Caribbean Islands and a few other places. In North America, Mexico received the second largest number of slaves--about half of what was delivered to the colonies. A smaller amount, probably less than 2000, African slaves were delivered to much more sparsely populated Canada at that time.

Last edited:
Yes, it was American and colonialist policy and culture at the time. What else do you think it was?

About 10% went to the British colonies, which is wrong, period.

You can express your opinion, but where you are wrong, you will called out, yes.

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

Apparently, you absolutely can make that shit up. Out of 216 pages, here is the line that people like you are ridiculously mischaracterizing -

The Florida State Board of Education’s new standards includes controversial language about how “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,”

GASP! This kind of shit is why the normal instinct is to assume that whatever a liberal is hyperventilating about is either not true or trivial.

Slave owners were black too and thus benefited from free labour.

Apparently, you absolutely can make that shit up. Out of 216 pages, here is the line that people like you are ridiculously mischaracterizing -

The Florida State Board of Education’s new standards includes controversial language about how “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,”

GASP! This kind of shit is why the normal instinct is to assume that whatever a liberal is hyperventilating about is either not true or trivial.
So what? It implies that something good may have come from slavery. Nothing came from it to justify it.

Superbadbrutha

Not sure why you disagree with history -

So what? It implies that something good may have come from slavery. Nothing came from it to justify it.
Sure it did. Railroads, cotton, Cuban rum, and the best tobacco the world has ever seen.

Not to mention 300 years of economic stability.

Obviously it was justifiable for several hundred years. And more - slavery was a way of life in Africa for 10 times that long. Going back to well before the Pharaos.

Sure it did. Railroads, cotton, Cuban rum, and the best tobacco the world has ever seen.

Not to mention 300 years of economic stability.

Obviously it was justifiable for several hundred years. And more - slavery was a way of life in Africa for 10 times that long. Going back to well before the Pharaos.
I won't speak for everyone but I for one am certainly glad you cuckolds are primed to accept your subjugation. :lmao:

1719069284857.png

Forum List

Back