‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

So, you are not hurting. Neither is anyone else on this forum, or at least nobody will admit to it.

Do you not find that even a little odd given how bad you all say things are in the country?

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Show me what you are referencing.

I put up the OP.

I have said that inflation hurts those on fixed incomes.

If you want to argue with the guy in Florida, go ahead.

Also, what do you mean by hurting.

Like everyone else I am spending more on basic good which reduced my discretionary money. Is that hurting ? If it is, everyone is hurting....but it is happening to everyone.

I listed cereal I can buy, today, for $3.50. That is not setting anyone back. I buy cereal for my kids and if you use 2% of your brain you can get at a reasonable price.

And how much did you pay for that same cereal two years ago.

Likely about 75% of what it cost today.

End of discussion.

Bowman told ABC he’s just getting by with food assistance and his Social Security benefits at about $1,400 a month, but he’s had to cut out some things that he really loves, like fishing.

Who the hell thinks they can live in Florida for 1400 bucks a month? Seems this gentlemen did not save anything else for retirement

Yes, another deflection.

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Show me what you are referencing.

I put up the OP.

I have said that inflation hurts those on fixed incomes.

If you want to argue with the guy in Florida, go ahead.

Also, what do you mean by hurting.

Like everyone else I am spending more on basic good which reduced my discretionary money. Is that hurting ? If it is, everyone is hurting....but it is happening to everyone.

You tell me what 'hurting" is since you are the one that thinks things are so bad in this country.

Was it the mega box or even family size... inflation is real libs stop the gas lighting....
Inflation has always been real.

You felony fuckups just don’t know what real is. Historically the rate of inflation is 4% per year.

Fuckup that fact fuckups.

Better look again....
Oh, I did and we shop there for anything except meat and produce then we use publix. Now a box of cereal at publix are off the chart. I stand by what I posted. I imagine different parts of the country, even at Walmart, have different prices. I never said you were lying as I know you live out west.

Sure, if he lives in any major downtown city. But he falsely claimed everyone pays that.
If that were true California wouldn't be so expensive. I don't imagine I pay the same for groceries here in the panhandle as they do in Tampa or Miami same state.

If that were true California wouldn't be so expensive. I don't imagine I pay the same for groceries here in the panhandle as they do in Tampa or Miami same state.
Panhandle Florida.

Just spent two week hanging out at Navarre Beach. Ate a ton of shrimp, Po boy sandwiches, and hung out at the hotspot barbecue in Pensacola.

Oh, I did and we shop there for anything except meat and produce then we use publix. Now a box of cereal at publix are off the chart. I stand by what I posted. I imagine different parts of the country, even at Walmart, have different prices. I never said you were lying as I know you live out west.
Maybe its like celery we ship east... costs less here...

Forum List

Back