$8 Trillion Of Debt Was Not Big Enough For Trump

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
"We're effectively run in this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made." - JD Vance

Poor Flip Flopper JD. He's going to have to wash down his self respect with some racist Diet Mountain Dew again. His boss is kowtowing to the corporate oligarchs by promising them a big tax cut.

Since Trump has no idea how to cut spending, this decrease in revenues will add more to our debt, of course.

But wait, there's more!

Trump is also promising our country's geezers he will end taxes on Social Security income!

More debt!

This is blatant vote buying. Geezers are the largest Trump voting bloc. The average age of Fox News viewership is 128 years old.

I happen to know the guy running Trump's failing Truth Social platform is Deven Nunes. Nunes was a Congressman and one of Trump's biggest lickspittles in the House. He would run to Trump and spill confidential information about the House investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. For this, Trump gave Nunes the Presidential Medal of Freedom as Trump was on his way out of the White House. And then he hired Nunes to run his social media company.

But there is something Nunes said years ago which backs up everything I have ever said about tax expenditures. The man nailed it.

You should read this as many times as it takes to get it:

No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

Trump lowered the corporate tax rate to 21 percent WITHOUT taking out "everybody's special loophole".

And now he wants to exacerbate the problem even more with a 15 percent corporate tax rate.

Now, before some idiot completely misunderstands me, I am 100 percent for lowering taxes, but ONLY if we also eliminate the tax expenditures which have made them so high to begin with.

Every deduction, credit, and exemption has to be offset by higher tax rates. They are theft. So if you want to lower tax rates, you have to get rid of the deductions, credits, and exemptions which drove them higher.

Nunes got it. Trump doesn't. Because he's an idiot and he doesn't care about saddling future generations with even more unsustainable debt, just to please JD's corporate oligarchs.

Trump pushes for lowering corporate tax rate to 15%

Trump Calls For Eliminating The Income Tax On Social Security Payments

"We're effectively run in this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made." - JD Vance

Poor Flip Flopper JD. He's going to have to wash down his self respect with some racist Diet Mountain Dew again. His boss is kowtowing to the corporate oligarchs by promising them a big tax cut.

Since Trump has no idea how to cut spending, this decrease in revenues will add more to our debt, of course.

But wait, there's more!

Trump is also promising our country's geezers he will end taxes on Social Security income!

More debt!

This is blatant vote buying. Geezers are the largest Trump voting bloc. The average age of Fox News viewership is 128 years old.

I happen to know the guy running Trump's failing Truth Social platform is Deven Nunes. Nunes was a Congressman and one of Trump's biggest lickspittles in the House. He would run to Trump and spill confidential information about the House investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. For this, Trump gave Nunes the Presidential Medal of Freedom as Trump was on his way out of the White House. And then he hired Nunes to run his social media company.

But there is something Nunes said years ago which backs up everything I have ever said about tax expenditures. The man nailed it.

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

Trump lowered the corporate tax rate to 21 percent WITHOUT taking out "everybody's special loophole".

And now he wants to exacerbate the problem even more with a 15 percent corporate tax rate.

Now, before some idiot completely misunderstands me, I am 100 percent for lowering taxes, but ONLY if we also eliminate the tax expenditures which have made them so high to begin with.

Every deduction, credit, and exemption has to be offset by higher tax rates. They are theft. So if you want to lower tax rates, you have to get rid of the deductions, credits, and exemptions which drove them higher.

Nunes got it. Trump doesn't. Because he's an idiot and he doesn't care about saddling future generations with even more unsustainable debt, just to please JD's corporate oligarchs.

Wasn't there something like a global pandemic that happened?

But wait, there's more!

More debt!

yep trump flip flops.jpg

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It'll Weigh Down the Economy for Years. The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

Wasn't there something like a global pandemic that happened?

Hasn't Trump crowned himself The King of Debt?

Trump: ‘I’m the king of debt’​

Trump's plan has always been to crash the economy

Tater is still spending more than Trump did during the global pandemic.

Why?
“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me,” Trump told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that aired on “CBS This Morning.” “I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.”

“How do you renegotiate the debt?” O’Donnell followed up.

“You go back and you say, hey guess what, the economy crashed,” Trump replied. “I’m going to give you back half.”

You realize that Congress appropriates and spends money, don't you?
I never once heard the people who whined about Obama's $8 trillion of debt say that.

Not once.

And they whined every day for eight years.

Actually, closer to ten years, until Trump started catching up with his spending.

A president has the power of veto. A president also has the power to submit their own budget to Congress.

There was this, BEFORE Covid:

Trump proposes record-high $4.7 trillion budget

And this during COVID:

Trump says he wants a bigger stimulus package than the $2.2 trillion amount that Democrats are seeking

But wait, there's more!

More debt!

tucks - Copy 2.jpg

But wait, there's more!

More debt!

I agree that we need to tighten our belts and cut spending drastically.
1. Send Welfare back to the states
2. Send Education back to the states
3. Send Medicaid back to the states
4. Add a "transaction tax" on all financial transactions
5. Eliminate the Capital Gains tax break
6. Medicaid out of all income, even investment income
7. Add a "Remittance Tax" on all money sent out of the US to pay for the border wall and ICE
8. Remove the cap on SS tax
9. ALL employees MUST pay into SS even if you have a separate retirement plan.

Biden’s 2025 Budget is $7.30T with a $1.8T deficit______TOTAL BIDEN $6.9T (in theory)
Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Trump's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit___ TOTAL TRUMP $7.6T (actual)
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit

Social Security income wasn't taxable until 1983, when then-President Ronald Reagan made the benefits taxable above a certain threshold. This threshold hasn't been adjusted for inflation in the years since, meaning that a lot more beneficiaries are now taxed on their Social Security income than they were more than 40 years ago.

According to data from the Government Accountability Office, about 40 percent of Social Security recipients pay federal income taxes on their benefits. These taxes bring in about $87 billion in revenue each year, de Rugy wrote, in addition to payroll tax revenue. She added, "Even still, Social Security is insolvent."

1983 was also the year Congress raised the Social Security eligibility by two years to age 67. But the cowards made it so that did not kick in until 40 years in the future when most of them would be dead.

Our average life expectancy has increased by twice that since then.

Neither the Democrats or the Republicans will do anything about the debt. Actually cutting spending will get you defeated at the voting booth. Nope, America will continue to spend until we go broke.
That is very true, but it also leads to the collapse of the US dollar, US debt keeps getting downgraded.
The US needs to start reducing the Debt or we are Venezuela North.

You know what deflection is, don't you?
I'm sorry there, prostate stretched, Congress is in charge of the purse, whether you like it or not. The president can request or even present a budget, but Congress has the final say. The SCOTUS scuttled the line item veto which would have given him some teeth, but no one really wanted that. No one wants any accountability, now there is some real deflection for you.

What about it?
Caused a ton of bullshit “emergency spending”, Stupid. That exploded the deficits.

Look at Trumps first two deficits compared to the last two.

BTW, Tater is still spending more than we did with all the emergency spending? Why? Especially if the economy is the best ever.

I agree that we need to tighten our belts and cut spending drastically.
1. Send Welfare back to the states
2. Send Education back to the states
3. Send Medicaid back to the states
4. Add a "transaction tax" on all financial transactions
5. Eliminate the capital Gains tax break
6. Medicaid out of all income, even investment income
7. Add a "Remittance Tax" on all money sent out of the US to pay for the border wall and ICE
8. Remove the cap on SS tax
9. ALL employees MUST pay into SS even if you have a separate retirement plan.

Biden’s 2025 Budget is $7.30T with a $1.8T deficit______TOTAL BIDEN $6.9T (in theory)
Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Trump's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit___ TOTAL TRUMP $7.6T (actual)
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
My proposals are simpler.

1) Eliminate all tax expenditures, with the possible exception of the EITC which has been proven to increase productivity.

2) Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.

3) Cut defense spending. On this one thing I am in agreement with Trump. The rest of the West is not holding up their share of our common defense. It annoys the shit out of me how they look down their noses at us for not having the same nanny state social welfare programs they do while they depend on us to cover their asses for defense.

Forum List

Back