81-year-old Ohio man charged with murder for shooting Black Uber driver

From Foxnews....

A gunshot immediately gets fired and Brock says, "Nope. You’re not leaving," and demanding her to give him the phone.

Hall can be heard horrifically screaming for help when five more shots are fired off, followed by Brock, again, telling her to give him her phone.

Hall continued to scream, and the dash footage captured Brock saying he would shoot her in the head.

"Don’t do that. Please don’t," Hall said.

He might have gotten away with it if not for the Dashcam.
Have the whole transcript?

I'd like to see proof he knew it was a scam and not a real kidnapping with threat of murder.

If he knew it was a scam...there is no excuse.

Will you concede that if he believed it was an actual kidnapping with threat of murder that there is some justification in his actions?

Have the whole transcript?

I'd like to see proof he knew it was a scam and not a real kidnapping with threat of murder.

If he knew it was a scam...there is no excuse.

Will you concede that if he believed it was an actual kidnapping with threat of murder that there is some justification in his actions?

would shooting this person help to get their loved on back?

would shooting this person help to get their loved on back?
The old man believed it would. From his perspective an accomplice to a kidnapping, murder that and ransom demand was attempting to escape.

Given the facts as he knew them ... IMO...that suspicion was reasonable.

And it would seem from the 911 call that he believed the caller at the time that he attempted to subdue the Uber driver.

The old man believed it would. From his perspective an accomplice to a kidnapping, murder that and ransom demand was attempting to escape.

Given the facts as he knew them ... IMO...that suspicion was reasonable.

And it would seem from the 911 call that he believed the caller at the time that he attempted to subdue the Uber driver.

He shot her 5 times at least?

I guess we will jut have to let the jury figure it out.

Given the known facts the man should spend the rest of his life in jail

He shot her 5 times at least?

I guess we will jut have to let the jury figure it out.

Given the known facts the man should spend the rest of his life in jail

I think the news reports said she was shot three times.

First in the leg to keep her from leaving. Then she fights him and he is injured in the head. Then he shoots her twice.

I'm pretty sure that's a 22 revolver he has in his hand.

I suspect he gets off exactly like the girls who assassinated Kim Jong Un's brother with VX solution.

They were set up to kill by a third party and neither served a day for murder.

The guilty party is the person who put both of them in this situation.

I think the news reports said she was shot three times.

First in the leg to keep her from leaving. Then she fights him and he is injured in the head. Then he shoots her twice.

I'm pretty sure that's a 22 revolver he has in his hand.

So, a couple shots missed. My bad

If someone shot me in the leg I would fight back also

So, a couple shots missed. My bad

If someone shot me in the leg I would fight back also

And if someone showed up at my home to pick up a ransom package to secure the safety of my loved one from a person that threatened to kill them and me...I would attempt to detain that person.

And... if they escaped without the ransom money then there is a probability that it would cause the death of my loved one...chances are I would do all I could to prevent that.

Wouldn't you? Marine?

It was a bad situation all around...completely and 100% instigated by the scammer

And if someone showed up at my home to pick up a ransom package to secure the safety of my loved one from a person that threatened to kill them and me...I would attempt to detain that person.

And... if they escaped without the ransom money then there is a probability that it would cause the death of my loved one...chances are I would do all I could to prevent that.

Wouldn't you? Marine?

It was a bad situation all around...completely and 100% instigated by the scammer

I would not shoot a lady that had trouble walking out of her car.

It was a bad situation that was made 100% worse thanks to the actions of the man involved.

I struggle to find any sympathy for him.

So, it if it turns out he knew it was a scam, you agree he should be in jail?

sure, if the UBER driver comes to your door, by mistake or not, while being part of a crime, you best give that UBER driver the money demanded! Do not protect yourself from crime, do not argue, just give the UBER driver the money, as they demand!
WTF are you talking about?

She (the Uber driver) was not commuting a crime in any way

She had no reason to know the man didn’t call the Uber himself. How the fuck would she know that? And how the fuck would she know the package was random money?

And delivering/picking up packages is an established service that Uber provides

The fact that you’re doing mental gymnastics to defend this murderous old man says a lot about you

WTF are you talking about?
She (the Uber driver) was not commuting a crime in any way
She had no reason to know the man didn’t call the Uber himself. How the fuck would she know that
And delivering/picking up packages is an established service that Uber provides
The fact that you’re doing mental gymnastics to defend this murderous old man says a lot about you
WTF am I talking about, facts, nothing more.

Participating in a crime, is still committing a crime, even if you are ignorant of being recruited to participate.

It really does not matter if she did not know who called her, she was still participating in the crime.

Established services aside, it is illegal to speed, it is illegal to transport drugs, it is illegal to participate in distortion.

Further, upon arriving, the kind white old man, told the uber drive she was participating in a crime, at which point she attempted to flee.

The only murderous gymnastics in this thread is you and the others refusing to discuss facts and then lying about what my posts stated. I never ever once defended the old man.

I just stated facts. But I do understand on how you do not like facts and actually support criminals now that you have explained it to me.

Participating in a crime, is still committing a crime, even if you are ignorant of being recruited to participate.
Good to know you support the prosecution of all those who unwittingly enter the Capitol on 1/6 not knowing they were participating in a crime.

I don’t buy into that argument but you seem to support it.

WTF am I talking about, facts, nothing more.

It really does not matter if she did not know who called her, she was still participating in the crime.

Established services aside, it is illegal to speed, it is illegal to transport drugs, it is illegal to participate in distortion.

Further, upon arriving, the kind white old man, told the uber drive she was participating in a crime, at which point she attempted to flee.

The only murderous gymnastics in this thread is you and the others refusing to discuss facts and then lying about what my posts stated. I never ever once defended the old man.

I just stated facts. But I do understand on how you do not like facts and actually support criminals now that you have explained it to me.
“Kind old white man”?

Seriously?

“Kind old white man”?

Seriously?
seriously, yes

kind old man is getting extorted, black mailed, hustled for money, person arrives to retrieve the package of money, kind old man states they are participating in crime, person who arrives to complete the crime than refuses to cooperate and flees, old man kindly shoots the person that was attempting to retrieve the money

I do understand how you feel, citizens have no rights to defend themselves or their property.

Most crimes need intent, established.

Was the kind old man's intent to shoot random uber drivers or protect himself from the person who came to what he could only see as, the person committing the crime.

Either way, if I was the Uber driver, I would of gladly of given my phone up, cooperating with the victim of a crime, than acting criminal, trying to flee the scene.

seriously, yes

kind old man is getting extorted, black mailed, hustled for money, person arrives to retrieve the package of money, kind old man states they are participating in crime, person who arrives to complete the crime than refuses to cooperate and flees, old man kindly shoots the person that was attempting to retrieve the money

I do understand how you feel, citizens have no rights to defend themselves or their property.

Most crimes need intent, established.

Was the kind old man's intent to shoot random uber drivers or protect himself from the person who came to what he could only see as, the person committing the crime.

Either way, if I was the Uber driver, I would of gladly of given my phone up, cooperating with the victim of a crime, than acting criminal, trying to flee the scene.
If I were the driver, I'd be scared shitless. I wouldn't characterize shooting an uber driver so she couldn't run away as being "kind," though

Forum List

Back