84 year old bus driver punched in the face by student

I am happy for you. That is actually pretty cool. On here, we read and swap reports of the worst crap going on in the country. But, people sometimes forget, there really are still places (mostly rural or small town) where not much of the violence we see and read about take place. There really are. I applaud you on selection of place to live, and hope it continues to work out for you.
Thank you for attempting to bring the discussion back to normality.
Speaking about both our countries, do you have any suggestions on some sort of 'affirmative' action that could help correct the problems in big cities?

Thank you for attempting to bring the discussion back to normality.
Speaking about both our countries, do you have any suggestions on some sort of 'affirmative' action that could help correct the problems in big cities?
None. Normal people should get out, looking at living there was a temp assignment, taken for the money at the time, enabling them to get out and move to safer, better governed, more normalized areas. But, that's just me. You are tucked away in a peaceful corner of yours. Don't even consider moving south. The three states and the cities within them, south of your international border are beyond recovery. Others around this country (and yours, in my opinion) are beyond the tipping point.

No personal accountability among students. An infraction occurs and the FIRST thing schools worry about is the race of the student causing the infraction. Then they shit themselves if the student is in a “protected class”. Case in point, boy in a tutu in Virginia rapes a girl in the girls bathroom and the focus is on protecting the boy in the tutu.

None. Normal people should get out, looking at living there was a temp assignment, taken for the money at the time, enabling them to get out and move to safer, better governed, more normalized areas. But, that's just me. You are tucked away in a peaceful corner of yours. Don't even consider moving south. The three states and the cities within them, south of your international border are beyond recovery. Others around this country (and yours, in my opinion) are beyond the tipping point.
I was going to suggest socially responsible government and then go on to elaborate on what that really means. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'affirmative', but I did because that's a prerequisite.

This thread no longer has anything good to offer.

No personal accountability among students. An infraction occurs and the FIRST thing schools worry about is the race of the student causing the infraction. Then they shit themselves if the student is in a “protected class”. Case in point, boy in a tutu in Virginia rapes a girl in the girls bathroom and the focus is on protecting the boy in the tutu.
Is that the Loudoun County, Virginia story from 2021, where he got probation and treatment to discourage him from raping more girls in girls bathrooms?

Overall, are the attempts of socially responsible government's reaction to this sort of crime, resulting in failure more than success?

Of the tens of thousands of offenders, are the majority of repeat offenders the ones who have been dealt with by attempts to rehabilitate, as opposed to punishment?

Could it be that there is no value at all in attempts to rehabilitate?

Maybe it's as you are suggesting? There's no way forward other than death for offenders?

Overall, are the attempts of socially responsible government's reaction to this sort of crime, resulting in failure more than success?

Of the tens of thousands of offenders, are the majority of repeat offenders the ones who have been dealt with by attempts to rehabilitate, as opposed to punishment?

Could it be that there is no value at all in attempts to rehabilitate?

Maybe it's as you are suggesting? There's no way forward other than death for offenders?
I didn’t suggest death and I support rehabilitation. Now, what about accountability? What does he have to do to earn or keep his privilege to get an education?

Democrat run schools are producing animals. I know of a few bus drivers who quit their jobs because children are allowed to walk up to them and curse them up one side and down the other and there is nothing the bus driver is allowed to do because schools tie their hands from defending themselves or insist on children showing them respect.

But schools now teach that humans are merely glorified animals and not made special in the image of God, so it stands to reason that children begin to act like animals. And if they want their teachers to refer to them as "furries", they must.

It's all about creating the Progressive utopia for us all.
Obviously the student should be arrested, suspended, and sent to reform school.

I didn’t suggest death and I support rehabilitation. Now, what about accountability? What does he have to do to earn or keep his privilege to get an education?
Education is a right.
There's nothing to be gained by talking to you.
Your usefulness was in being a backstop on which to bounce back my views to others.

There are over 100,000 schools in the Us.

This includes a k-12 population of just under 50 million students.

Congratulations that out of 50 million children you managed to find a few violent actors. We are all shocked I tell you.

Now explain why I should give a shit because from where I sit a hundred examples is noting but a statistical blip of insignificance. Give me numbers that matter rather than bs anecdotes that tell us nothing outside of one particular school at one particular location at one particular time had a violent idiot attack someone for no reason.

Democrat run schools are producing animals. I know of a few bus drivers who quit their jobs because children are allowed to walk up to them and curse them up one side and down the other and there is nothing the bus driver is allowed to do because schools tie their hands from defending themselves or insist on children showing them respect.

But schools now teach that humans are merely glorified animals and not made special in the image of God, so it stands to reason that children begin to act like animals. And if they want their teachers to refer to them as "furries", they must.

It's all about creating the Progressive utopia for us all.

West Cabarrus County is a wealthy "conservative" area of a red state. Democrats don't run the schools. Republicans run the schools, because Republicans run the state.

Anything bad happens, you immediately make stupid assumptions.

West Cabarrus County is a wealthy "conservative" area of a red state. Democrats don't run the schools. Republicans run the schools, because Republicans run the state.

Anything bad happens, you immediately make stupid assumptions.

Shut up, Cunnadian!

Forum List

Back