9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

You can not prove a point with Hong Kong or Singapore, thats a culture thing, America is a melting pot we are to diverse.

So you are saying that it will never work in America because Americans are either too dumb and/or too weak to implement market forces in their economy.

Well, I can't argue with that.

You know what I think? I think we need a little "solidarnosk" here in America. We need some kind of Lech Walesa to rally the Nationwide workforce into a Nationwide private sector strike.

And why? I am very happy with my little job, I talk with the plant manager like 50 times a day and the owner when he is in town. Would I like to make $25~30 bucks an hour instead of what I make now? yup, but then I would have to drive an hour away and work for shit heads I dont like. The owner of my company pays me what he can afford and I get "thank you" texts all the time from the plant manager and the owner. Guess that means more to me now then chasing a buck...like I used to do.

nod... same here why fight tooth and nail to earn more money when it's not appreciated and your taxes go through the roof when you do? Why not earn less? It's not the end of the world... Heck the best things in life don't cost much if any money.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

I pity most of the conservatives, who don't realize they are part of the disappearing middle-class and root for giving the rich even more tax cuts, subsidies, loopholes, tax shelters and claim they are already paying enough taxes! :eusa_hand:
All I know is that I pay more in taxes (both real dollars and percentage) than any poor person I know.
I'm for a fair tax, where everybody either pays the exact same dollar amount or the exact same percentage. That is true fairness.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

I guess the bottom 80% need to start saving more.

Now that's brilliant. I guess they could give up food, to save 80% of what little they make?
Hey, don't take it to extremes or anything. :cuckoo:

You can not prove a point with Hong Kong or Singapore, thats a culture thing, America is a melting pot we are to diverse.

So you are saying that it will never work in America because Americans are either too dumb and/or too weak to implement market forces in their economy.

No what I am saying Americans are not weak or dumb, I have been everywhere in 46 of the 50 states. We are a melting pot.....From different backgrounds of all over the world. Asia population is just made up of a population of born and breed. Dont you get it? and to get close and personal its the 50 states. Thats why its called the "United states"... peoples values are different in Alabama then say New mexico.....

I'm just glad I've never had to go before someone like kg to beg for help. Seeing as how she's a social worker, actually makes money off of providing aid to people yet believes every single person who comes to her for aid is LYING!

Then calls me the site welfare queen? Why? Because my youngest son is low functioning autism and 26 years old and we managed to finally get him in a home paid for by the state. If that makes me the site welfare queen, so be it.
KG shouldn't call you a "welfare queen".
But why do think it is the states responsibility (tax payer) to support your son?
I didn't cause his autism. I'm not the fault of his condition. Why do you think it is my responsibility to provide for him?

Because as a civilized society we take care of our disabled and elderly. If you want to go back to primitive times, we can take him into the woods and leave him to die on his own, but today, we'd end up in jail for that. My husband has parkinson's, I have arthritis and other problems and we can't continue to handle an adult that disabled. He ripped out several walls in our home. Did you expect us to just let him kill us? He still would have ended up being taken care of by the state, at your expense. And of course, if we took him out into the woods, the state would have us institutionalized and you'd be paying for us instead. What exactly was my other choice? I suppose I could have aborted him, if I'd known he was going to have autism, but I didn't. I suppose I could have been a worse mother and let him wander away and drown as a child in a nearby river as happened to another autistic boy near here. I really don't understand what you want me to do here, please explain it.
Again,
I didn't cause his autism. I'm not the fault of his condition. Why do you think it is my responsibility to provide for him?

Saying things like "I could have aborted him", and "let him wander away and drown as a child in a nearby river", is taking things to an extreme. I've never advocated any such action on your part.

There used to be a time when people that were disabled were taken care of voluntarily by their community. Somehow, that has turned into forcing the taxpayer (community) to take care of them. Forcing me to give part of my earnings to support another is at best involuntary servitude (which is illegal for me to do) and at worst slavery (also illegal for me to do). Surely you agree that it is both legally and morally wrong for me to force you to financially support my children. The governments taxation actions may have made those acts legal (for the government to do), but it doesn't make them morally right.

I guess the bottom 80% need to start saving more.

Now that's brilliant. I guess they could give up food, to save 80% of what little they make?

But the problem is people dont want to save anymore....when I was a kid I used to get a couple% in my bank saving passport. Now we have to pay them to hold our money.

Please note when the middle class was strong and economy was more stable, wages were higher in real dollars than they are now. So in fact, the working class is losing out. Who does decide wages? Who profits from low and flay wages?

Attachments

• $8164859879_0d4480731a_z.jpg
    $8164859879_0d4480731a_z.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 35
You know what I think? I think we need a little "solidarnosk" here in America. We need some kind of Lech Walesa to rally the Nationwide workforce into a Nationwide private sector strike.

And why? I am very happy with my little job, I talk with the plant manager like 50 times a day and the owner when he is in town. Would I like to make $25~30 bucks an hour instead of what I make now? yup, but then I would have to drive an hour away and work for shit heads I dont like. The owner of my company pays me what he can afford and I get "thank you" texts all the time from the plant manager and the owner. Guess that means more to me now then chasing a buck...like I used to do.

nod... same here why fight tooth and nail to earn more money when it's not appreciated and your taxes go through the roof when you do? Why not earn less? It's not the end of the world... Heck the best things in life don't cost much if any money.

Yes...but do you two need Food Stamps or any other government subsidy to make ends meet?

I guess the bottom 80% need to start saving more

But the problem is people dont want to save anymore....when I was a kid I used to get a couple% in my bank saving passport. Now we have to pay them to hold our money.
Yep, it is saving problem.

KG shouldn't call you a "welfare queen".
But why do think it is the states responsibility (tax payer) to support your son?

Because as a civilized society we take care of our disabled and elderly. If you want to go back to primitive times, we can take him into the woods and leave him to die on his own, but today, we'd end up in jail for that. My husband has parkinson's, I have arthritis and other problems and we can't continue to handle an adult that disabled. He ripped out several walls in our home. Did you expect us to just let him kill us? He still would have ended up being taken care of by the state, at your expense. And of course, if we took him out into the woods, the state would have us institutionalized and you'd be paying for us instead. What exactly was my other choice? I suppose I could have aborted him, if I'd known he was going to have autism, but I didn't. I suppose I could have been a worse mother and let him wander away and drown as a child in a nearby river as happened to another autistic boy near here. I really don't understand what you want me to do here, please explain it.
Again,

Saying things like "I could have aborted him", and "let him wander away and drown as a child in a nearby river", is taking things to an extreme. I've never advocated any such action on your part.

There used to be a time when people that were disabled were taken care of voluntarily by their community. Somehow, that has turned into forcing the taxpayer (community) to take care of them. Forcing me to give part of my earnings to support another is at best involuntary servitude (which is illegal for me to do) and at worst slavery (also illegal for me to do). Surely you agree that it is both legally and morally wrong for me to force you to financially support my children. The governments taxation actions may have made those acts legal (for the government to do), but it doesn't make them morally right.

Bullshit...they were put away in orphanges, then state schools and hospitals....unless you're going back to the Revolutionary war days...

Please note when the middle class was strong and economy was more stable, wages were higher in real dollars than they are now. So in fact, the working class is losing out. Who does decide wages? Who profits from low and flay wages?

But who caused this? people like you? you wanted cheap shit sold though big box stores, instead of just buying American products..... look in the mirror? people like you caused it........ you got what you wanted....

You vile, heartless, two-faced hypocrite!!

Why aren't you complaining about the government taking money from you to support a bloated, corrupt, wicked War Machine? !!

Shame on you !!

Last edited:

No what I am saying Americans are not weak or dumb, I have been everywhere in 46 of the 50 states. We are a melting pot.....From different backgrounds of all over the world. Asia population is just made up of a population of born and breed. Dont you get it? and to get close and personal its the 50 states. Thats why its called the "United states"... peoples values are different in Alabama then say New mexico.....

Singapore is just about as diverse as America is. You can keep coming up with all these excuse as to why your country is subpar, but sooner or later you will have to stop lying to yourself.

Again,

Bullshit...they were put away in orphanges, then state schools and hospitals....unless you're going back to the Revolutionary war days...
Define orphan and you may find your answer.

You vile, heartless, two-faced hypocrite!!

Why aren't you complaining about the government taking money from you to support a bloated, corrupt, wicked War Machine? !!

Shame on you !!
Last I looked, this conversation wasn't about a "bloated, corrupt, wicked War Machine?". Feel free to start that conversation in a separate thread if you want to discuss that, but don't try to use a false equivalency in order to make your point.

But who caused this? people like you? you wanted cheap shit sold though big box stores, instead of just buying American products..... look in the mirror? people like you caused it........ you got what you wanted....

You don't know me and you know absolutely nothing about me, nice projection.
But let me stroll over to the window and look out the window. OMG, there's two American made cars on the drive way and a Harley-Davidsons is out there too! Think I'll walk over to the fridge. Wow, look at all the food bought a my local family owned grocery store and during the summer my wife and I shop the Farmer's Market. Quite a bit of our furniture is made at a local woodworking shop.
What's your little world look like?
I don't shop Walmart as I hate how they destroyed Main Street America and the Mom & Pop stores. Look at about any thread on these boards that are about Walmart and you'll find a post by me covering my distaste for Walmart's destruction of Americana.
Your post was ignorant and to be honest, I thought you were smarter than that. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
...don't try to use a false equivalency in order to make your point.
Who is using false equivalency?

You want to take from America, but you don't want to give back.

What a cheap shit.

Last edited:
There used to be a time when people that were disabled were taken care of voluntarily by their community....
Define orphan and you may find your answer.
Idiotic non sequitur.

I can't imagine that anyone would want to be around you unless they were paid.

May you wind up in a fancy nursing home where they will kill you with kindness.

Last edited:
...don't try to use a false equivalency in order to make your point.
Who is using false equivalency?

What a cheap shit.

You failed to use my entire statement in your limited quote.
Here is the entire statement I made.
Last I looked, this conversation wasn't about a "bloated, corrupt, wicked War Machine?". Feel free to start that conversation in a separate thread if you want to discuss that, but don't try to use a false equivalency in order to make your point.

Truth is, yes, you used a false equivalency. Then next, you made a false statement, it was this one,
Then, as in your previous posts, you used an insult instead of a factual statement. I engaged in honest discussion of ideas and opinions.
You know what, numan, I'm done talking to you since your modus operndi seems to be insults and false accusations instead of real debate and discussion.

Forum List

Back