9 Worst States to Retire in...Yep, they're Blue

9 Worst U.S. States To Retire
8 of 9 solid blue...North Carolina a light Tar Heel Blue. Went Obama in 2012.
Surprised about NC. Love the hills area around Ashville.
But good list.

Every state on that list is a wonderful place to retire.....if you can afford it

They all offer parks, beautiful beaches, professional sports, activities, scenery, cities that retirees can keep busy and enjoy themselves

I have been in every one of those states and there is not one that I would be unwilling to live in. Who wouldn't want to retire in Hawaii?
There are many states not on the list of "worst states" that I do not like to even drive through, let alone retire in
Every State has those things. The States like CA and Hawaii only have great weather because Democrats have not figured out how to destroy them yet. Other than that, the only people moving to those States are the bottom rung of the economic ladder who will be the servants of the elite upper class Democrats.

San Francisco you pay 7 figures for a 600 sq ft studio pad. They just had a rowdy board meeting where the property owners blocked anything affordable from being built - have to keep out the little people.

No, every state does not have that

Want to go surf fishing? Better live near a beach
Want to go to a professional baseball game once a week? You have to live near 26 cities
Broadway plays? Better live near Broadway

I have been in 40 of the 50 states. Most, I can say something positive about....but some are real shitholes

The OP claiming that Hawaii is not a great place to retire is just fucking stupid
Newsflash: people have different things they like.

And yes, every state has parks, beautiful beaches (lakes, rivers), professional sports, activities, scenery, cities that retirees can keep busy and enjoy themselves.

But good list.

Every state on that list is a wonderful place to retire.....if you can afford it

They all offer parks, beautiful beaches, professional sports, activities, scenery, cities that retirees can keep busy and enjoy themselves

I have been in every one of those states and there is not one that I would be unwilling to live in. Who wouldn't want to retire in Hawaii?
There are many states not on the list of "worst states" that I do not like to even drive through, let alone retire in
Every State has those things. The States like CA and Hawaii only have great weather because Democrats have not figured out how to destroy them yet. Other than that, the only people moving to those States are the bottom rung of the economic ladder who will be the servants of the elite upper class Democrats.

San Francisco you pay 7 figures for a 600 sq ft studio pad. They just had a rowdy board meeting where the property owners blocked anything affordable from being built - have to keep out the little people.

Want to go to a professional baseball game once a week? You have to live near 26 cities

I have been in 40 of the 50 states. Most, I can say something positive about....but some are real shitholes

The OP claiming that Hawaii is not a great place to retire is just fucking stupid
And Hawaii is probably #45 on my list of States to retire. 10 things to do, crowded, weather, difficult to travel and the crazy government all make the state unattractive.

But good list.

And yes, every state has parks, beautiful beaches (lakes, rivers), professional sports, activities, scenery, cities that retirees can keep busy and enjoy themselves.

No shit Sherlock

But not all states are created equal

Like I have been saying throughout this thread.....Everyone has different wants or needs for when they retire. A golfer may want a climate where he can golf all year. A fisherman may want great fishing nearby. A gourmet may want great restaurants. Some may want a great nightlife....You can't get that in every state

The list in the OP was just laughable.....ALL those states are great places to retire. You just might not be able to afford it
But someone born and raised in New York can probably afford to live there while someone from Mississippi may not be able to afford it

But good list.

No shit Sherlock

Like I have been saying throughout this thread.....Everyone has different wants or needs for when they retire. A golfer may want a climate where he can golf all year. A fisherman may want great fishing nearby. A gourmet may want great restaurants. Some may want a great nightlife....You can't get that in every state

The list in the OP was just laughable.....ALL those states are great places to retire. You just might not be able to afford it
But someone born and raised in New York can probably afford to live there while someone from Mississippi may not be able to afford it
I live in one of the best climate zones in the entire world. Rural, acreage, nice home. I owe nothing on anything so cost is irrelevant. But the government of California has made living here unbearable. People are fleeing in droves.
Uhaul rates says it all:
uh1.png
uh2.png

No shit Sherlock

I live in one of the best climate zones in the entire world. Rural, acreage, nice home. I owe nothing on anything so cost is irrelevant. But the government of California has made living here unbearable. People are fleeing in droves.
Uhaul rates says it all:
View attachment 103298 View attachment 103299

You planning to live in a U-Haul?

No shit Sherlock

Uhaul rates says it all:

Dumbass response from a dumbass position.

No shit Sherlock

Uhaul rates says it all:

You are the asshole posting U-Haul rates

No shit Sherlock

Uhaul rates says it all:

You are the asshole posting U-Haul rates
Yep, total dufus. Can't grasp what the posted uhaul rates are saying.

No question you guys are slower
You're slow if you need a video to express your thoughts. Especially a comedian's.
Red states are good to retire in or if you have a job but don't start off poor in a red state because upward mobility is the worse.

That means a black in Chicago or Detroit born poor has a better chance than poor whites in red states.
I've asked you to support your opinion and you haven't. Tossing out even more opinion won't work. The fact is you are clueless and have no idea what you are babbling about. I've lived in the rural deep south and NYC. I can't stand living with big city libs, I damn sure wouldn't want to retire with them. If they see a dollar they want a piece of the action. Touch theirs and they scream bloody murder.
You are basing your opinion on personal experience me on fact.

Better to be born poor in NYC. Better upwafd mobility than mobile Alabama. But if you make it out of poverty in NYC you might want to retire in a red state where u can take advantage of the cheap labor. How else do you think they keep the costs down in red states?

You never see anyone go from poor to middle class in a red state then they retire in a blue state. I agree but want to make sure you realize why
Your narrow minded opinion isn't a fact. Quality of life, cost of living, the environment you live in are all things to consider when sitting on your perch if you are going to evaluate people's lives.

I'd rather sit on a rural riverbank fishing than in a big city park wondering if some crackhead is going to rob me so fuck you and your smug condescension. You are why big cities suck.

Yes me too. If you have the money I'd love to live in Mayberry. 100% agree. But good luck making it out of Mayberry or poverty if you are Floyd the Barber's kid or Goobers kid. Or, if you want to make it out of poverty you have to get the fuck out of Mayberry. You have to come to the big scary city where you might get your little ass mugged or raped. So while you and your kids wish they could get a job at the Piggly Wiggly that would pay enough to raise a family, even where the cost of living is low, that's very hard. That's why people down south are lined up to work at Walmart. In the south that's considered a white collar job. LOL.

And when they get older and save enough to retire, they'll move back home and be old conservatives who don't realize why their kids move away when they turn 18 and move to the city.

You're slow if you need a video to express your thoughts. Especially a comedian's.
Red states are good to retire in or if you have a job but don't start off poor in a red state because upward mobility is the worse.

That means a black in Chicago or Detroit born poor has a better chance than poor whites in red states.
I've asked you to support your opinion and you haven't. Tossing out even more opinion won't work. The fact is you are clueless and have no idea what you are babbling about. I've lived in the rural deep south and NYC. I can't stand living with big city libs, I damn sure wouldn't want to retire with them. If they see a dollar they want a piece of the action. Touch theirs and they scream bloody murder.

Better to be born poor in NYC. Better upwafd mobility than mobile Alabama. But if you make it out of poverty in NYC you might want to retire in a red state where u can take advantage of the cheap labor. How else do you think they keep the costs down in red states?

You never see anyone go from poor to middle class in a red state then they retire in a blue state. I agree but want to make sure you realize why
Your narrow minded opinion isn't a fact. Quality of life, cost of living, the environment you live in are all things to consider when sitting on your perch if you are going to evaluate people's lives.

I'd rather sit on a rural riverbank fishing than in a big city park wondering if some crackhead is going to rob me so fuck you and your smug condescension. You are why big cities suck.

Yes me too. If you have the money I'd love to live in Mayberry. 100% agree. But good luck making it out of Mayberry or poverty if you are Floyd the Barber's kid or Goobers kid. Or, if you want to make it out of poverty you have to get the fuck out of Mayberry. You have to come to the big scary city where you might get your little ass mugged or raped. So while you and your kids wish they could get a job at the Piggly Wiggly that would pay enough to raise a family, even where the cost of living is low, that's very hard. That's why people down south are lined up to work at Walmart. In the south that's considered a white collar job. LOL.

And when they get older and save enough to retire, they'll move back home and be old conservatives who don't realize why their kids move away when they turn 18 and move to the city.
Lots of people have grown up in small town USA and made it just fine. Lots of people would rather live in a trailer park than an apartment building. Different strokes. Lot's of city slickers would be happy with ANY job, including Walmart. Your theory needs work.

But good list.

Hawaii is way too expensive. It was $7.00 for a gallon of milk back in the 1990's
Do you not understand it's not going to be cheap to live in paradise? You republicans, at least you poor ones, don't realize you are voting against your own financial interests.

But good list.

Hawaii is way too expensive. It was $7.00 for a gallon of milk back in the 1990's
Do you not understand it's not going to be cheap to live in paradise? You republicans, at least you poor ones, don't realize you are voting against your own financial interests.
Hawaii is far from paradise for most people. Nice place to visit but few want to live there.

Lots of people have grown up in small town USA and made it just fine. Lots of people would rather live in a trailer park than an apartment building. Different strokes. Lot's of city slickers would be happy with ANY job, including Walmart. Your theory needs work.

Well we can either go with statistics and facts or we can go with your number of LOTS. The facts are still the facts. If you are born poor in a red state you have a harder chance to make it out of poverty than a black kid in Detroit. He can save and get a car and drive out to Metro Detroit where there are lots of jobs. Doesn't have to leave the state. In Mobile Alabama the white hick has to move out of the state or he will continue to be dirt poor.

You guys are saying they don't mind being poor and they are happy. Then why did they vote for Trump and change? Maybe the more poor these people are the happier they are.

But good list.

Hawaii is far from paradise for most people. Nice place to visit but few want to live there.
A quick google search tells me you are wrong.

Here are the top 10 happiest states in America
  • Nebraska. ...
  • Iowa. ...
  • Idaho. ...
  • Colorado. ...
  • Hawaii. ...
But notice the top 3 are red states?

Well we can either go with statistics and facts or we can go with your number of LOTS. The facts are still the facts. If you are born poor in a red state you have a harder chance to make it out of poverty than a black kid in Detroit. He can save and get a car and drive out to Metro Detroit where there are lots of jobs. Doesn't have to leave the state. In Mobile Alabama the white hick has to move out of the state or he will continue to be dirt poor.

You guys are saying they don't mind being poor and they are happy. Then why did they vote for Trump and change? Maybe the more poor these people are the happier they are.
Where were your facts that claim it's harder to make it in the south? You grabbed numbers and built a conclusion based on your personal bigotry. As has been repeatedly stated, dollar figures don't tell the story. Cheaper living requires less dollars. No one well off in Mobile? God, you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back