9 year old Islamic bride

Australia Investigating Stunning Claim Involving 9-Year-Old Girl and the Middle East TheBlaze.com

Apparently a 9 year old Islamic girl living in Australia has been sent off to be a bride of an arranged marriage.

This question is for all those who are Islamic on this site, it this acceptable under Islam?

I can't think of a more disgusting element than Islam. Which explains part of my disdain for Obama. Stupid idiot he is

-Geaux
Well, that's pretty ludicrous. Obama is not Muslim. LOL

Australia Investigating Stunning Claim Involving 9-Year-Old Girl and the Middle East TheBlaze.com

Apparently a 9 year old Islamic girl living in Australia has been sent off to be a bride of an arranged marriage.

This question is for all those who are Islamic on this site, it this acceptable under Islam?

I can't think of a more disgusting element than Islam. Which explains part of my disdain for Obama. Stupid idiot he is

-Geaux

Yes he is.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Yes he is.

-Geaux
You are :cuckoo::lol:

I speak as a Muslim.

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) taught to have and to show utmost respect for women. He taught that the best of men is the one who treats his wife the best.

I don't know of anyone else who advocates such respect to women.

Hi,

Nope ofcourse its not. According to Islam, a person is allowed to marry after puberty but this is still not enough to be married. According to Islam, a person also should have access to the maturity to make the right decisions generally. So as a muslim, for me, marriage age should be at least 20. Even 25 and after 25 would be much more reliable.

Related verse (4:6)

Islam is not defined by you MINEVA----it is defined
by its recognized scholars ----who do allow childhood marriages based on THEIR LEARNED INTERPRETATION of
the Koran of course you could make a stand this coming Friday-------just stand up and LOUDLY STATE
YOUR BRILLIANT OPINION-----right after the weekly Khutbah jumaat feces fling

There's Islam and Islamic law, and there's cultural traditions. Arranged marriages sound mroe like a cultural tradition than anything specificly to do with their religion. Arranged marriages happen in Christian and Jewish cultures as well though the religions themselves don't legitimize it or even recognize it. Like honor killings. Some cultures and traditions attach a great deal of importance on family honor. But you wont find support for it in Qur'an. It's not a religious matter, it's cultural.

Anyone else find it rather odd theblaze would be all up in child brides' business? :) Didn't realize Mormons had such a problem with that sort of thing. ;)

I speak as a Muslim.

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) taught to have and to show utmost respect for women. He taught that the best of men is the one who treats his wife the best.

I don't know of anyone else who advocates such respect to women.

I've heard the same said by Jews and Christians in defense of their conservative religious views. When a marriage is truly god centered, it can work because there is choice, love and respect. But there will always be those though, who ignore the "respect" and use their religion as a means to abuse and demean women.

But did not Mohammad take a 9 year old bride?

Ofcourse not, its just a story which was written long after the prophet. There are also other hadiths which proves Aisha was at least 19 years old. You can find some websites for comparative date calculations according to hadiths.

Um, sorry. There are extensive lists of hadith that confirm each other regarding the age of Mo's child bride.

Sahih Muslim Book 008 Hadith Number 3310. - Hadith Collection:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Need more? let me know.

There is dispute there (do you have an open mind?)

Age of Aisha ra at time of marriage
What was Ayesha s ra Age at the Time of Her Marriage
Aisha - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Rejecting the Myth of Sanctioned Child Marriage in Islam Dr. David Liepert
Hazrat Aisha s Real Age at Marriage Time - The Most Complete Explanation - Word of Power

But did not Mohammad take a 9 year old bride?

Ofcourse not, its just a story which was written long after the prophet. There are also other hadiths which proves Aisha was at least 19 years old. You can find some websites for comparative date calculations according to hadiths.

Um, sorry. There are extensive lists of hadith that confirm each other regarding the age of Mo's child bride.

Sahih Muslim Book 008 Hadith Number 3310. - Hadith Collection:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Need more? let me know.

There is dispute there (do you have an open mind?)

Age of Aisha ra at time of marriage
What was Ayesha s ra Age at the Time of Her Marriage
Aisha - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Rejecting the Myth of Sanctioned Child Marriage in Islam Dr. David Liepert
Hazrat Aisha s Real Age at Marriage Time - The Most Complete Explanation - Word of Power

Sure I have an open mind, like everyone else I suppose. LOL.

What troubles me about Islam is the examples Mohammad gave his followers like marrying a 9 year old girl, or beheading hundreds of prisoners and taking their women as slaves and concubines.

Sure, you can speculate that Mohammad did not have sex with the child until she was older if that makes you feel better about it, and you can say that Mo respected women, but look at Islam today. Do you see this respect for women? In fact, isn't ISIS justifying beheading people based upon what Mo did?

This is the problem Islam has. Mo is seen as perfect. Everyone word that he uttered and every action he lived is seen as perfect and the example for all Muslims to follow, even though he was nothing more than a second rate warlord who conquered and converted with the sword.

Forum List

Back