92% want tougher background checks

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

• Banned

He can't sell to a felon because the background check would stop him unless you are talking about a private gun sale.
Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

He can't sell to a felon because the background check would stop him unless you are talking about a private gun sale.

The private sale is the loophole, genius.

• Banned

The private sale is the loophole, genius.

It is actually permitted under the law so no one is getting away with anything. Their is no 'loophole' unless you are some kind of fascist who just thinks the law doesn't mean a thing and that the will of those in charge is the only thing that counts. I guess that can be viewed as an escape from their authority but it is the law so I'm coool with it because if I sell a gun to my neighbor I shouldn't have to do a background check on him.

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

So private sales of alcohol to minors shouldn't be a crime?

No one has any right to alcohol dip shit

Having been told to fuck off the gun control lobby is trying to nibble around the edges of the 2nd amendment by proposing restrictions by ginning up public opinion vs complying with the US Constitution. You assholes have a clear leagal path, amend the Constitution, good luck with that.

Not everyone has a right to own a gun. I can't believe you're that stupid. Oh wait, yes I can...

Having been told to fuck off the gun control lobby is trying to nibble around the edges of the 2nd amendment by proposing restrictions by ginning up public opinion vs complying with the US Constitution. You assholes have a clear leagal path, amend the Constitution, good luck with that.

You lie.

Not everyone has a right to own a gun. I can't believe you're that stupid. Oh wait, yes I can...
Deflection

Actually you do have an equal right to buy alcohol if you are qualified.

You lie.

Go ahead amend the Constitution what are you waiting for. You claim 90% of the American people support this so it should be easy. :laugh:

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

You lie.

Projecting again, really quite tiresome you are.

Deflection

You have to produce identification and undergo a background check to buy a gun from a gun dealer.
You have to produce identification to buy alcohol from a business.

A private seller can sell you a gun without seeing ID and doing a background check.
A private seller cannot legally sell alcohol to a minor. He cannot skirt that law by selling alcohol without checking the buyer's age. The gun seller can.

Actually you do have an equal right to buy alcohol if you are qualified.
It's not in the Constitution "in writing"
Dumbass

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

Legal alcohol sales require the buyer to be of age. You cannot skirt that law by not checking a person's age.

Private gun sellers can legally sell to felons simply by making the sale without checking the buyer's background.

By your argument, private sellers should be able to legally sell alcohol to minors simply by not checking their ID.

Deflection

You have to produce identification and undergo a background check to buy a gun from a gun dealer.
You have to produce identification to buy alcohol from a business.

A private seller can sell you a gun without seeing ID and doing a background check.
A private seller cannot legally sell alcohol to a minor. He cannot skirt that law by selling alcohol without checking the buyer's age. The gun seller can.
Law-abiding citizens have an absolute right to the purchase of firearms, and without undo hassles...

Forum List

Back