92% want tougher background checks

I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

They can legally buy guns without background checks.

So private sales of alcohol to minors shouldn't be a crime?
No one has any right to alcohol dip shit

Not everyone has a right to own a gun. I can't believe you're that stupid. Oh wait, yes I can...
Deflection

You have to produce identification and undergo a background check to buy a gun from a gun dealer.
You have to produce identification to buy alcohol from a business.

A private seller can sell you a gun without seeing ID and doing a background check.
A private seller cannot legally sell alcohol to a minor. He cannot skirt that law by selling alcohol without checking the buyer's age. The gun seller can.
Law-abiding citizens have an absolute right to the purchase of firearms, and without undo hassles...

Felons are not law abiding citizens. They have been convicted of a crime, and one of the consequences of that conviction is that they have lost their right to own guns.

If the law requires that a person be 18 to own a handgun, the private seller who does no check on the buyer, because the law doesn't require him to,

can legally sell a gun to an ineligible minor. What is the POINT of that loophole?

I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

No one has any right to alcohol dip shit

Sure we do. We have the right to purchase alcohol unless we are under age. All rights aren't specifically mentioned in the constitution.

Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

So the criminal who sells to the criminal is a criminal

You really think legit gun shop owners sell to someone who fails a background check ?

Note that between the lines here you can read that in reality, the gun 'rights' extremists oppose ALL background checks.

Maybe the extremists do but the vast majority of gun owners do not and they go through their checks all the time

Having been told to fuck off the gun control lobby is trying to nibble around the edges of the 2nd amendment by proposing restrictions by ginning up public opinion vs complying with the US Constitution. You assholes have a clear leagal path, amend the Constitution, good luck with that.

You lie.

Go ahead amend the Constitution what are you waiting for. You claim 90% of the American people support this so it should be easy. :laugh:

Don't have to because background checks are constitutional.

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

Legal alcohol sales require the buyer to be of age. You cannot skirt that law by not checking a person's age.

Private gun sellers can legally sell to felons simply by making the sale without checking the buyer's background.

By your argument, private sellers should be able to legally sell alcohol to minors simply by not checking their ID.

Name one State that allows private sales of alcohol, all I'm aware of require a special license to sell it. So any private sale would be illegal, doesn't matter if the buyer is legal or not.

Why are you ignoring the facts, the CDC says this is not a problem, it's simply a lying regressive talking point.

Note that between the lines here you can read that in reality, the gun 'rights' extremists oppose ALL background checks.

Maybe the extremists do but the vast majority of gun owners do not and they go through their checks all the time

They do it because it's the law.

How many cases in the law can you name where if a person is ineligible to legally purchase something, and laws are in place to prevent that purchase,

they can skirt the law by seeking out a loophole that doesn't prevent the seller from legally allowing them to make that purchase.

Pretty sure most don't really understand the ramifications. They're asked a very vague question with no specifics. What does 'Tougher Background Check' mean? We do still have a Constitution. We still have a right to our privacy. So i'll wait to hear from the Gun Grabbers to define 'Tougher Background Check.'

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

Legal alcohol sales require the buyer to be of age. You cannot skirt that law by not checking a person's age.

Private gun sellers can legally sell to felons simply by making the sale without checking the buyer's background.

By your argument, private sellers should be able to legally sell alcohol to minors simply by not checking their ID.

Name one State that allows private sales of alcohol, all I'm aware of require a special license to sell it. So any private sale would be illegal, doesn't matter if the buyer is legal or not.

Why are you ignoring the facts, the CDC says this is not a problem, it's simply a lying regressive talking point.

You can GIVE people alcohol without a license, but you can't legally GIVE a minor alcohol.

Why should you be able to legally sell or give a felon a gun?

Pretty sure most don't really understand the ramifications. They're asked a very vague question with no specifics. What does 'Tougher Background Check' mean? We do still have a Constitution. We still have a right to our privacy. So i'll wait to hear from the Gun Grabbers to define 'Tougher Background Check.'

Make all sellers of guns comply with the same laws on who they can sell a gun to.

You can GIVE people alcohol without a license, but you can't legally GIVE a minor alcohol.

Why should you be able to legally sell or give a felon a gun?
The Vast majority of people are not Felons you fucking dumbass

Make all sellers of guns comply with the same laws on who they can sell a gun to.

What? Wow, you really are clueless. You're exactly why Gun Grabbers can't be taken seriously. Give some specifics. Define 'Tougher Background Check.' Keep in mind, we do still have a right to our privacy. But i'm pretty open-minded. Give specifics on making Background Checks 'tougher.' I'll wait.

You cannot put that expensive and burden on private sales it's not constitutional

They do it because it's the law.

How many cases in the law can you name where if a person is ineligible to legally purchase something, and laws are in place to prevent that purchase,

they can skirt the law by seeking out a loophole that doesn't prevent the seller from legally allowing them to make that purchase.
So what the fuck are you whining about?

We have laws that require background checks

Legit gun owners do not sell to people who fail the check

And what loophole exactly is in the background check laws that allows a legit gun dealer to legally sell to a person who would fail the check?

He can't sell to a felon because the background check would stop him unless you are talking about a private gun sale.

The private sale is the loophole, genius.

It is actually permitted under the law so no one is getting away with anything. Their is no 'loophole' unless you are some kind of fascist who just thinks the law doesn't mean a thing and that the will of those in charge is the only thing that counts. I guess that can be viewed as an escape from their authority but it is the law so I'm coool with it because if I sell a gun to my neighbor I shouldn't have to do a background check on him.

the only loophole i have witnessed in the last eight years of criminals allowed to buy firearms

is from the administration

through operation fast n furious when they handed out a few thousand firearms to violent and dangerous criminals and terrorists

which continue to this day to cause mayhem and death across the globe

I know we have the right to own guns. Which amendment is the right to alcohol?

Having been told to fuck off the gun control lobby is trying to nibble around the edges of the 2nd amendment by proposing restrictions by ginning up public opinion vs complying with the US Constitution. You assholes have a clear leagal path, amend the Constitution, good luck with that.

You lie.

Go ahead amend the Constitution what are you waiting for. You claim 90% of the American people support this so it should be easy. :laugh:

Don't have to because background checks are constitutional.

"shall not be infringed" suck on it!

Forum List

Back