92% want tougher background checks

I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

And we arrest the criminal if they are caught with a gun....we don't do background checks for cars, though they too can be used for crimes...or computers...ditto so....when cars or computers are used to commit crimes..we arrest the actual criminal who did the crime...not the guy who sold them the car or the computer......

I've heard this stat mentioned on CNN and they talked about how people want it illegal for criminals to have guns. Guess what it is already illegal for criminals to buy guns. They won't make it pass the background check and they can't even possess them in almost every state so it is already illegal for them to have guns. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Uh, idiot, the complaint is that the seller is not committing a crime if he sells to a felon.

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

And those people go to actual gun stores and pass background checks to get the guns...then give them, knowingly, to criminals.....,.prosecutors do not prosecute them because there is no glory or career advance met in jailing the teenage mother who is the sister of the gang banger........or his baby momma......

As I posted in a thread, you apace liars polling the uninformed to get these poll results....

It is if the seller knows they are a felon, but it really doesn't make much difference, in 2013 the CDC study showed that very few criminals get guns from unknowing private sellers, the vast majority of them get them from friends, family and other criminals. Just another regressive solution in search of a problem.

So private sales of alcohol to minors shouldn't be a crime?

It is, twit...and if you get caught you can get......a ticket.........or the cops simply poor out the alcohol......

Well thats complete BS. Selling to a felon is illegal.

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

Legal alcohol sales require the buyer to be of age. You cannot skirt that law by not checking a person's age.

Private gun sellers can legally sell to felons simply by making the sale without checking the buyer's background.

By your argument, private sellers should be able to legally sell alcohol to minors simply by not checking their ID.

Hey...you know what.......the gun seller should have to check the age of the buyer...he can check the kids I'd before he sells the gun....he does not have to do a criminal background check to see if the alcohol buyer is a felon....

There you go.......we can agree, the public can be required to check the drivers license to make sure the buyer is 18 for a long gun and 21 for a pistol

Problem fucking solved..............

No one has any right to alcohol dip shit

Not everyone has a right to own a gun. I can't believe you're that stupid. Oh wait, yes I can...
Deflection

You have to produce identification and undergo a background check to buy a gun from a gun dealer.
You have to produce identification to buy alcohol from a business.

A private seller can sell you a gun without seeing ID and doing a background check.
A private seller cannot legally sell alcohol to a minor. He cannot skirt that law by selling alcohol without checking the buyer's age. The gun seller can.
Law-abiding citizens have an absolute right to the purchase of firearms, and without undo hassles...

Felons are not law abiding citizens. They have been convicted of a crime, and one of the consequences of that conviction is that they have lost their right to own guns.

And if they are caught with a gun...they can be arrested....we can do this without universal background checks.

But any seller should check the drivers license to make sure the buyer is not a minor.....18 for a long gun, 21 for a pistol.....

Problem solved...exactly like alcohol sales....

Note that between the lines here you can read that in reality, the gun 'rights' extremists oppose ALL background checks.

Maybe the extremists do but the vast majority of gun owners do not and they go through their checks all the time

They do it because it's the law.

How many cases in the law can you name where if a person is ineligible to legally purchase something, and laws are in place to prevent that purchase,

they can skirt the law by seeking out a loophole that doesn't prevent the seller from legally allowing them to make that purchase.

And the buyer knows they can't buy...and when they are caught with the item, they can already be arrested, no new law is needed to do that...

Note that between the lines here you can read that in reality, the gun 'rights' extremists oppose ALL background checks.

Wrong...we will live with the current federally mandated background check for all sales at licensed gun sellers........that is called compromise...of course...you assholes got that...and now you seek to constrict the right some more...just like a snake.....

Maybe the extremists do but the vast majority of gun owners do not and they go through their checks all the time

They do it because it's the law.

How many cases in the law can you name where if a person is ineligible to legally purchase something, and laws are in place to prevent that purchase,

they can skirt the law by seeking out a loophole that doesn't prevent the seller from legally allowing them to make that purchase.

And when they are caught...they are already arrested under current law...

Pretty sure most don't really understand the ramifications. They're asked a very vague question with no specifics. What does 'Tougher Background Check' mean? We do still have a Constitution. We still have a right to our privacy. So i'll wait to hear from the Gun Grabbers to define 'Tougher Background Check.'

What does it mean......in California it means if your brother wants to borrow your .22 pistol to teach their kids the fundamentals of shooting...now the brother has to get a background check to borrow that pistol...since loaning a gun to a family member is now something that needs a background check....

Do you think the people answering that poll understood that?

That is why it is liars polling the uninformed to push illegal gun control measures........

How many gun stores will want to run a background check on your brother when no sale is involved.......and how much will they charge for the time and manpower to do it.....

Vandal is no different than the democrat racists at the polling place telling blacks they need to pay a Poll Tax and Literacy Test to exercise their Right to vote......this is no different...guns are a Right...and now to exercise that Right you have to pay a tax to get a background check....

It is democrat racism all over again...since poor blacks will be most heavily impacted by it........

Typical regressive, the facts don't support your position so you just jump right to the absurd and deflection from the topic. Stay on topic.

Legal alcohol sales require the buyer to be of age. You cannot skirt that law by not checking a person's age.

Private gun sellers can legally sell to felons simply by making the sale without checking the buyer's background.

By your argument, private sellers should be able to legally sell alcohol to minors simply by not checking their ID.

Name one State that allows private sales of alcohol, all I'm aware of require a special license to sell it. So any private sale would be illegal, doesn't matter if the buyer is legal or not.

Why are you ignoring the facts, the CDC says this is not a problem, it's simply a lying regressive talking point.

You can GIVE people alcohol without a license, but you can't legally GIVE a minor alcohol.

Why should you be able to legally sell or give a felon a gun?

Simple...you check the drivers license of the buyer.....to make sure they are old enough to legally buy the gun.....you do not do a background check for an alcohol purchase....so you aren't going to do one for a private gun sale....

If the law requires that a person be 18 to own a handgun, the private seller who does no check on the buyer, because the law doesn't require him to,

can legally sell a gun to an ineligible minor. What is the POINT of that loophole?

When are you going to figure out that it's not a loophole, it is an intentional exception allowed by congress.

If the law requires that a person be 18 to own a handgun, the private seller who does no check on the buyer, because the law doesn't require him to,

can legally sell a gun to an ineligible minor. What is the POINT of that loophole?

When are you going to figure out that it's not a loophole, it is an intentional exception allowed by congress.

he knows...he doesn't care. He wants to punish gun owners.....that's all...

Name one State that allows private sales of alcohol, all I'm aware of require a special license to sell it. So any private sale would be illegal, doesn't matter if the buyer is legal or not.

Why are you ignoring the facts, the CDC says this is not a problem, it's simply a lying regressive talking point.

You can GIVE people alcohol without a license, but you can't legally GIVE a minor alcohol.

Why should you be able to legally sell or give a felon a gun?

You can't dumb ass.

Forum List

Back