97% of Scientists agree..........Al Gore knows what he is talking about

Especially since so many posters are refuting the fact that there is warming. Just like 97% of the scientists say it is
I don't dispute there may be warming. Given the fact that the data is so cherry-picked and massaged, it's hard to be sure. But climate has always been cyclical.

What I dispute is that man has anything to do with it.

How is exposing the falseness of your claim that the atmosphere isn't warming with data that shows the Troposphere is, in fact, warming avoiding the topic???? :cuckoo:
All the data I have seen represents the real increases in the ocean. If that is incorrect then I can acknowledge that point. I have no problem with that. The problem I have is the fact you IGNORED the entire post that single sentence. Whether or not the atmosphere has risen .4 C in the last 35 years is moot to the rest of the post.
So you admit that the temp of the atmosphere has risen .4 C. The relevance is I said you were as wrong about everything else as you were about the atmosphere not warming. Why should I waste my time debunking your other claims when first you deny the atmosphere is warming and then when you finally admit it you then say it doesn't matter if the atmosphere is warming.

So let's take your CFC/Ozone BS.

FA_Q2 - There was absolutely no theory on HOW CFC reached the ozone or if they were depleting it

CFC's and Ozone Depletion

Chemistry of Ozone Depletion by CFCs

CFCs destroy the ozone in the stratosphere (15 - 20 km above the earth's surface)
(Ozone concentrations are measure in Dobsen units, 1 Dobsen unit represents 1 molecule of O3 for every 1 billion air molecules)
Ozone loss is greatest over Antarctica where the ozone depletion has been recorded and is commonly referred to as the "ozone hole".
Ozone (O3), an allotrope of oxygen, is poisonous to humans if breathed in, but is important to life in that it filters out or absorbs short wavelength ultraviolet radiation (u.v) in the 280 - 320nm range which can cause serious sunburn, skin cancer and eye disorders.

The inertness and lack of water solubilty of CFCs mean they are not destroyed nor are they dissolved in rain water so they stay in the atmosphere for a very long time and diffuse up to the stratosphere

In the stratosphere, CFCs come into contact with short wavelength ultraviolet radiation which is able to split off chlorine atoms from the CFC molecules
CCl3F(g) u.v radiation
---------------> CCl2F(g) + Cl(g)
These chlorine atoms destroy the ozone layer
Cl(g) + O3(g) -------------> ClO(g) + O2(g)
There are significant numbers of oxygen atoms in the stratosphere (since ozone undergoes a natural photochemical decomposition producing oxygen atoms and molecules) which leads to the regeneration of chlorine atoms in the stratosphere.
So, 1 CFC molecule can destroy many ozone molecules.
ClO(g) + O(g) -------------> O2(g) + Cl(g)

Especially since so many posters are refuting the fact that there is warming. Just like 97% of the scientists say it is
I don't dispute there may be warming. Given the fact that the data is so cherry-picked and massaged, it's hard to be sure. But climate has always been cyclical.

Plan A for the conservatives is to deny global warming exists

Plan B is to admit it exists but deny that humans have anything to do with it

Plan C is to admit humans caused global warming but claim it is too late to do anything about it.

In any case, nothing gets done

So...you are up to Plan B (good for you)

Give it a few years and you can move to Plan C

How is exposing the falseness of your claim that the atmosphere isn't warming with data that shows the Troposphere is, in fact, warming avoiding the topic???? :cuckoo:
All the data I have seen represents the real increases in the ocean. If that is incorrect then I can acknowledge that point. I have no problem with that. The problem I have is the fact you IGNORED the entire post that single sentence. Whether or not the atmosphere has risen .4 C in the last 35 years is moot to the rest of the post.

No its not.

Norton, you are a mental case....That claim was bitch slapped in post #2.

That 97% number is every bit as phony as the "election" results for Kim Jong Il or Saddam Hussein.

Of course he never claimed he "invented the internet" but that will never stop an America-hating CON$ervoFascist from lying about it. :cuckoo:

EPIC FAIL!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco"]Al Gore Created the Internet[/ame]

EPIC MORON!!!

He said he took the initiative IN CONGRESS in the creation of the internet, which he did!

But it is no surprise CON$ervoFascists do not know the difference between "initiative" and "invent." :rofl:

And the natural cycle should include cooling cycles along with the warming cycles. But for the last 100 years we are getting only neutral cycles between the warming cycles.

get-file.php

Of course he never claimed he "invented the internet" but that will never stop an America-hating CON$ervoFascist from lying about it. :cuckoo:

EPIC FAIL!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco"]Al Gore Created the Internet[/ame]

He said he took the initiative IN CONGRESS in the creation of the internet, which he did!

But it is no surprise CON$ervoFascists do not know the difference between "initiative" and "invent." :rofl:
You Lie - Loser

Al Gore said: "During my service in the United States congress I took the initiative in creating the internet"

The message therapist finally got away from evil scary Al Gore.
Later, she talked to friends, liberals like herself, who advised against telling police. One asked her "to just suck it up; otherwise, the world's going to be destroyed from global warming." :eek:

I know you edthecynic are the message therapist's little friend, but it is ok to tell the truth about Al Gore now little girl. The world is not going to be destroyed by global warming if you don't continue to lie for Al Gore. You don't have to give up your rights, liberties & be under the control control of this evil scary man any more. It's ok now, your friends will understand.

And the natural cycle should include cooling cycles along with the warming cycles. But for the last 100 years we are getting only neutral cycles between the warming cycles.

We don't know for sure, given the way the data is cherry-picked and manipulated.

get-file.php
funny-pictures-cat-looks-at-shoe.jpg

Geological Society of America.

The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Global Climate Change

Given the knowledge gained from paleoclimatic studies, several long-term causes of the current warming trend can be eliminated. Changes in Earth’s tectonism and its orbit are far too slow to have played a significant role in a rapidly changing 150-year trend. At the other extreme, large volcanic eruptions have cooled global climate for a year or two, and El Niño episodes have warmed it for about a year, but neither factor dominates longer-term trends.

As a result, greenhouse gas concentrations, which can be influenced by human activities, and solar fluctuations are the principal remaining factors that could have changed rapidly enough and lasted long enough to explain the observed changes in global temperature. Although the 3rd IPCC report allowed that solar fluctuations might have contributed as much as 30% of the warming since 1850, subsequent observations of Sun-like stars (Foukal et al., 2004) and new simulations of the evolution of solar sources of irradiance variations (Wang et al., 2005) have reduced these estimates. The 4th (2007) IPCC report concluded that changes in solar irradiance, continuously measured by satellites since 1979, account for less than 10% of the last 150 years of warming.

Greenhouse gases remain as the major explanation. Climate model assessments of the natural and anthropogenic factors responsible for this warming conclude that rising anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases have been an increasingly important contributor since the mid-1800s and the major factor since the mid-1900s (Meehl et al., 2004). The CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is now ~30% higher than peak levels that have been measured in ice cores spanning 800,000 years of age, and the methane concentration is 2.5 times higher. About half of Earth’s warming has occurred through the basic heat-trapping effect of the gases in the absence of any feedback processes. This “clear-sky” response to climate is known with high certainty. The other half of the estimated warming results from the net effect of feedbacks in the climate system: a very large positive feedback from water vapor; a smaller positive feedback from snow and ice albedo; and sizeable, but still uncertain, negative feedbacks from clouds and aerosols. The vertical structure of observed changes in temperature and water vapor in the troposphere is consistent with the anthropogenic greenhouse-gas “fingerprint” simulated by climate models (Santer et al., 2008). Considered in isolation, the greenhouse-gas increases during the last 150 years would have caused a warming larger than that actually measured, but negative feedback from clouds and aerosols has offset part of the warming. In addition, because the oceans take decades to centuries to respond fully to climatic forcing, the climate system has yet to register the full effect of gas increases in recent decades.

American Meteological Society.

AMS Information Statement on Climate Change

Direct human impact is through changes in the concentration of certain trace gases such as carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, and water vapor, known collectively as greenhouse gases. Enhanced greenhouse gases have little effect on the incoming energy of the sun, but they act as a blanket to reduce the outgoing infrared radiation emitted by Earth and its atmosphere; the surface and atmosphere therefore warm so as to increase the outgoing energy until the outgoing and incoming flows of energy are equal. Carbon dioxide accounts for about half of the human-induced greenhouse gas contribution to warming since the late 1800s, with increases in the other greenhouse gases accounting for the rest; changes in solar output may have provided an augmentation to warming in the first half of the 20th century.

Carbon dioxide concentration is rising mostly as a result of fossil-fuel burning and partly from clearing of vegetation; about 50% of the enhanced emissions remain in the atmosphere, while the rest of the Earth system continues to absorb the remaining 50%. In the last 50 years atmospheric CO2 concentration has been increasing at a rate much faster than any rates observed in the geological record of the past several thousand years. Global annual-mean surface temperatures are rising at a rapid rate to values higher than at any time in the last 400 (and probably in the last 1000) years. Once introduced in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide remains for at least a few hundred years and implies a lengthy guarantee of sustained future warming. Further, increases in greenhouse gases are nearly certain to produce continued increases in temperature. Such changes in temperature lead to changes in clouds, pressure, winds, and rainfall in a complex sequence of further effects.

How many more scientific societies and organizations would you like me to post that state unequivocally that AGW is a fact, and a clear and present danger.

How many can you post links to that state otherwise?

How many more scientific societies and organizations would you like me to post that state unequivocally that AGW is a fact, and a clear and present danger.

All a hoax s0n...................you stupid fcukk. You still think this is about the environment.:eek: This is what happens to people who spend their lives living in the middle of fcukking nowhere. You become a mental case.:lol:

Another interesting technique. Start multiple societies with the same memberships to support your position. :lol:

You Lie - Loser

Al Gore said: "During my service in the United States congress I took the initiative in creating the internet"

The message therapist finally got away from evil scary Al Gore.
Later, she talked to friends, liberals like herself, who advised against telling police. One asked her "to just suck it up; otherwise, the world's going to be destroyed from global warming." :eek:

I know you edthecynic are the message therapist's little friend, but it is ok to tell the truth about Al Gore now little girl. The world is not going to be destroyed by global warming if you don't continue to lie for Al Gore. You don't have to give up your rights, liberties & be under the control control of this evil scary man any more. It's ok now, your friends will understand.
You just can't stop yourself from lying. That's why you are a CON$ervoFascist.

He is undeniable saying that he took the initiative IN CONGRESS to get the funding needed to create the internet. In the part you edited out he says IN CONGRESS he took the initiative on a number of other projects. Only pathological liars would spin that to claim Gore said he "invented" the internet, which is why only CON$ make that claim.

Since you know you can't defend your lie you try to change the subject to another lie.
Your white flag is accepted. :lol:

Did you just hear the new poll?

A Consensus of Americans (97%) agree Algore is guilty of being a crazed sex poodle. We need to lock him away for he's certainly guilty by consensus.

There you go ladies and gentlemen, law by consensus. It works JUST as good as SCIENCE by consensus.

97% of Scientists agree..........Al Gore knows what he is talking about

When it comes to achieving a happy ending from a massage.....allegedly !

Oooooops I may have posted this in the wrong chat group !.....

Al Gore...........laugh my balls off. Have you ever noticed that none of the global warming religious asshat k00ks never have a problem with the fact that Gore has never had to answer a single question from somebody who wanted to challenge his assertions!!! Not a one. The curious question is............why?

The answer is easy....................

This sh!t has never been about the environment. Its only about losers who loath capitalism because they are fcukk ups and jealous of people who are successful. Thats ALL it has ever been about and the very opportunistic people of the world are getting mighty rich off the miserable jealous fcukks of our society. And they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay miserable too. Study their posts over time............these people are insanely jealous of success and cant man up to the fact that they have made poor choices in life and are thus fcukk ups!! Opportunistic entrapreneurs feast on these assholes............miserable fcukks like Old Rocks, Edthecynic et. al.. When you got no responsbilities in life and you sit around loathing those who are successful, you become prey. Its quite that simple.

Well.........fcukk that. I have a house and Im not keen on having my electric bill get doubled in the next 4 years. Fcukk the hopelessly duped............they can pay my electric bill thanks if they care so much about the environment. Cash is fine assholes..............:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back