97% of Scientists agree..........Al Gore knows what he is talking about

This thread definately calls for a quick check of the USMessageBoard Political forum scoreboard.......................

Scoreboardbig.jpg

How many more scientific societies and organizations would you like me to post that state unequivocally that AGW is a fact, and a clear and present danger.

How many can you post links to that state otherwise?

All a hoax s0n...................you stupid fcukk. You still think this is about the environment.:eek: This is what happens to people who spend their lives living in the middle of fcukking nowhere. You become a mental case.:lol:

I call Poe's Law.

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real - Science Fair: Science and Space News - USATODAY.com

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.

This data comes from a new survey out this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The study found that 97 percent of scientific experts agree that climate change is "very likely" caused mainly by human activity.
....And, it's lookin' like the (remaining) 3% are finally straggling-in.....​

April 04, 2011

"A team of UC Berkeley physicists and statisticians that set out to challenge the scientific consensus on global warming is finding that its data-crunching effort is producing results nearly identical to those underlying the prevailing view.

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was launched by physics professor Richard Muller, a longtime critic of government-led climate studies, to address what he called "the legitimate concerns" of skeptics who believe that global warming is exaggerated.

But Muller unexpectedly told a congressional hearing last week that the work of the three principal groups that have analyzed the temperature trends underlying climate science is "excellent.... We see a global warming trend that is very similar to that previously reported by the other groups."

The hearing was called by GOP leaders of the House Science & Technology committee, who have expressed doubts about the integrity of climate science. It was one of several inquiries in recent weeks as the Environmental Protection Agency's efforts to curb planet-heating emissions from industrial plants and motor vehicles have come under strenuous attack in Congress.

The Berkeley project's biggest private backer, at $150,000, is the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation.
544.gif

Oil billionaires Charles and David Koch are the nation's most prominent funders of efforts to prevent curbs on the burning of fossil fuels, the largest contributor to planet-warming greenhouse gases.

The $620,000 project is also partly funded by the federal Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where Muller is a senior scientist. Muller said the Koch foundation and other contributors will have no influence over the results, which he plans to submit to peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Although in his testimony Muller praised the "integrity" of previous studies, he said estimates of human-caused warming need to be "improved."

Other scientists noted that temperature is only one factor in climate change. "Even if the thermometer had never been invented, the evidence is there from deep ocean changes, from receding glaciers, from rising sea levels and receding sea ice and spring snow cover," Thorne said.

"All the physical indicators are consistent with a warming world. There is no doubt the trend of temperature is upwards since the early 20th century. And that trend is accelerating."

:clap2:

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Last edited:
Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real - Science Fair: Science and Space News - USATODAY.com

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.

This data comes from a new survey out this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The study found that 97 percent of scientific experts agree that climate change is "very likely" caused mainly by human activity.

April 04, 2011

"A team of UC Berkeley physicists and statisticians that set out to challenge the scientific consensus on global warming is finding that its data-crunching effort is producing results nearly identical to those underlying the prevailing view.

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was launched by physics professor Richard Muller, a longtime critic of government-led climate studies, to address what he called "the legitimate concerns" of skeptics who believe that global warming is exaggerated.

But Muller unexpectedly told a congressional hearing last week that the work of the three principal groups that have analyzed the temperature trends underlying climate science is "excellent.... We see a global warming trend that is very similar to that previously reported by the other groups."

The hearing was called by GOP leaders of the House Science & Technology committee, who have expressed doubts about the integrity of climate science. It was one of several inquiries in recent weeks as the Environmental Protection Agency's efforts to curb planet-heating emissions from industrial plants and motor vehicles have come under strenuous attack in Congress.

The Berkeley project's biggest private backer, at $150,000, is the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation.
544.gif

Oil billionaires Charles and David Koch are the nation's most prominent funders of efforts to prevent curbs on the burning of fossil fuels, the largest contributor to planet-warming greenhouse gases.

The $620,000 project is also partly funded by the federal Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where Muller is a senior scientist. Muller said the Koch foundation and other contributors will have no influence over the results, which he plans to submit to peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Although in his testimony Muller praised the "integrity" of previous studies, he said estimates of human-caused warming need to be "improved."

Other scientists noted that temperature is only one factor in climate change. "Even if the thermometer had never been invented, the evidence is there from deep ocean changes, from receding glaciers, from rising sea levels and receding sea ice and spring snow cover," Thorne said.

"All the physical indicators are consistent with a warming world. There is no doubt the trend of temperature is upwards since the early 20th century. And that trend is accelerating."

This story deserves a thread of its own. Try not to make it so colorful.

April 04, 2011

544.gif

This story deserves a thread of its own.
The Mods don't appreciate that.....unless it's a pro-Con thread.​

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change

Ignoring that a couple decades ago the same scientists thought we were headed into...an ice age...I like the irony that you're citing a poll of people who believe in the scientific method and not opinion as the base of science...

Last edited:
So let me get this right.

The Earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. And that big ass fu**ing giant ball of fire in the center of our solar system may affect our temperature?

Well Jesus H Christ, let me go out and buy a NissanLeaf and hug a polar bear.

So let me get this right.

The Earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. And that big ass fu**ing giant ball of fire in the center of our solar system may affect our temperature?

Well Jesus H Christ, let me go out and buy a NissanLeaf and hug a polar bear.

I remember a Peanuts where Linus thought since it was getting colder and colder every day that it would always do that and summer would never return. Of course he was like 5, I don't know what the left's excuse is...

teabaggers bitch about the national debt but crap on schools don't care how stupid their kids are getting , don't care if their planet is livable . LOL its a money thing .

we no longer have "tornado season " now its any time of the year , the sea levels rising ,

fish and birds dropping dead . bees disappearing , now the sea of japan is radioactive , rain forest going away .
but everything's fine ,

This thread definately calls for a quick check of the USMessageBoard Political forum scoreboard.......................

funny , the right bitches about leaving their kid no debt , but don't care their leaving their kids no planet .

Let's ignore the mixed scientific data and assume it's true. Looking at the behavior of the Left, I'm not sure what you're thinking they're doing that's actually dramatically different. The only proposal I've really heard from them is that we solve global warming by sending trillions of dollars to poor countries. What are you thinking that the left is doing that would actually address the issue? This is the reverse of the Republicans saying they are being fiscally responsible by growing government hundredths of a percent less per year then the Democrats propose.

I think we on the right should try to keep an open mind about global warming.Yes I know the left had to scramble big time when we had some of the worst winter weather in recent memory.Then they said well we will show you so they changed it to climate change.Now when it gets to hot or too cold they have their asses covered.

I also want to bring it to the attention of my fellow righties that Superman's Father Jor-El was considered a laughing stock and total buffoon when he went before the council on Krypton and predicted the end of all life on the planet.Well they weren't laughing when Jor-El was proved right.

I will not commit to anything yet,after all Al Gore did create the Internet so he must know something.

Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change

Ignoring that a couple decades ago the same scientists thought we were headed into...an ice age...I like the irony that you're citing a poll of people who believe in the scientific method and not opinion as the base of science...

Is that the best you can do? Repeating that old lie again? Shows that you are a really fucking dumb individual.

Did scientists predict an impending ice age in the 1970s?

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.

Now Dr. Spencer is the fellow that ol' Rush Limpbaugh call his climate scientist. Now look at his graph on this site;

UAH Temperature Update for March, 2011: Cooler Still -0.10 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

The largest analomy for this La Nina is -0.1. For the entire time from 1983 to 1987, the analomy was below -0.1. So we are in a very strong La Nina with the sun in a low TSI phase, and the best that we can do is -0.1?

Last year was a moderate El Nino, with the latter half of the year in a strong La Nina, and it still matched the super El Nino year of 1998.

Now look again at the graph. See the natural variation superimposed over a rising temperature line. The highs continue to get higher, and the lows nowhere near as low as they used to be. The running mean from 2002 to 2007 is higher at all points than any prior mean except that of 1998.

Is that the best you can do? Repeating that old lie again? Shows that you are a really fucking dumb individual.

Did scientists predict an impending ice age in the 1970s?

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.

Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.

My God man are you suggesting we do away with as many humans as possible to correct this anomaly?.....:lol:

Well, no s***, Sherlock. And might this have anything to do, perchance, with the fact that – as the Climategate emails made abundantly clear – “unconvinced” scientists were deliberately shut out of the peer-review process by the “convinced” ones?

UK Telegraph[/QUOTE]

What the survey showed is that all the toadies who the government pays to produce evidence of human caused global warming agreed that humans cause global warming.

Who ever would have thunk it?

Typical Right Wing Response

Scientists may have numbers and stuff...but they lack "common sense"

No wonder so many apply the same term to Sarah Palin

"Scientists have numbers and stuff"

Hey, now there is compelling proof of global warming!

I dont think he was trying to disqualify the scientists at all. I think he was pointing out that the study is inherently flawed because they screen out scientists that disagree with the global warming agenda before factoring them into the poll.

I think you realize that. But I am not convinced you care.

You're giving him too much credit. Like all the brethren of the Holy Church of Anthropogenic Global Warming, he's too stupid to understand what the problem with his poll is.

Ya know what's really hilarious? The National Academy of Sciences published an obviously unscientific poll!

How ironic is that?

Ok prove they are suppressing ideas and don't even start with those climategate e-mails everyone takes out of context.

Prove the are frauds, but don't use any of the hard evidence that proves they are frauds?

You kill me!

Forum List

Back