A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

Was Arbery the burglar who'd been hitting the neighborhood? Did the burglaries stop when he was killed?
Did they find any stolen property on him?
Do people in those neighborhoods say he WAS a regular jogger?
What was going on with the shotgun tussle? The article I could read (paywall on the other) says the guy was jogging, two Georgia white boys in a truck come after him shouting for him to stop. Would you, if you were a young black guy in Georgia? I'd think twice....
So how'd we get from him jogging to him wrestling for the shotgun? Guess he must have stopped?
Deanna's right. Too much unknown.
Maybe Arbery did nothing but go for a daily jog and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Or maybe he was the burglar, cased the joint on his run to a nearby neighborhood where he could get away with it easier.

Either way, an ex-cop and his son didn't have any business doing that. Call the dispatcher back and say HEY I just spotted a guy running at ... give address. They probably went looking for him. Let the cops handle it. It's not a possum hunt.

So since he was black he probably was there casing the joint, unfuckingbelievable.
NOT "since he was black." All the crooks around here are white. Sometimes there's good stuff laying around at construction sites. You think because he was black he COULDN'T have been the burglar?

If that is the case McMichael could have been the burglar.
You didn't answer my question.

Looks like the black guy was trying to steal a gun, and he didn’t realize the other guy had a gun to.. thank god!

That story was more vague than a whores morals.

You can't make much of it until you know details, not supposition.
Unfortunately, this is a gift to the liberal race-baiters

unarmed black guy killed on a public street by two whites

based on the limited facts given it is a wrongful death

But it could have been avoided with a lick of common sense by everyone involved
It appears that in this forum this killing is a gift to white race baiting morons who want to create fiction out of thin air in order to justify this killing. It could have been avoided if those whites would have just let the man jog in peace.
It sounds like he was running from the scene of the crime. The only person who said he was jogging was a family member who wasnt even there.
His old football coach also said he was a runner.

Does that sound plausible that the black guy saw the white guy with a shot gun and proceeded to attack him? If you were chased and confronted with two armed men knowing you aren't armed, do you attack? Furthermore, how does the white guy get accurate shots off while the two of them are struggling with a shot gun? How does one maneuver a shot gun to shoot it with someone that close to them?

I've read at least four articles on this now and no one seems to know what the black guy was doing wrong. Also, I read an article where the two white guys left a hand gun in an unlocked car and proceeded to have it stolen. Clearly those two are not the sharpest tools in the shed, nor the most responsible with guns.

I'll add this, looking at pictures of both the black guy and the white, my money is on the black guy to win a struggle for the shot gun. This story just doesn't add up to self defense.

And also, who the F thinks it's OK the arm themselves and chase another individual down to question them for a possible past crime??? Who on this board would stand for that? This wasn't self defense. Seems like two overzealous neighborhood vigilantes taking the law into their own hands.
They were just doin' a little hunting.

It appears that in this forum this killing is a gift to white race baiting morons who want to create fiction out of thin air in order to justify this killing. It could have been avoided if those whites would have just let the man jog in peace.
It sounds like he was running from the scene of the crime. The only person who said he was jogging was a family member who wasnt even there.
That lends credence to the claim, but for now im doubting it. We all know the difference between someone jogging and someone fleeing a crime. One looks super casual, the other looks frantic.

That lends credence to the claim, but for now im doubting it. We all know the difference between someone jogging and someone fleeing a crime. One looks super casual, the other looks frantic.
True. If Arbery was the burglar and there is some evidence of that, it still doesn't mean he should be killed, though.. Arrested if there was evidence he had trespassed or stolen something. I'm real glad I don't live in Georgia with a bunch of vigilantes.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

True. If Arbery was the burglar and there is some evidence of that, it still doesn't mean he should be killed, though.. Arrested if there was evidence he had trespassed or stolen something. I'm real glad I don't live in Georgia with a bunch of vigilantes.
He wasnt shot for running or stealing. He was shot because he tried to take the guys gun.

Some people have the rightful gonads to prevent their possessions from being stolen
Those who don’t work and don’t buy won’t understand that

He wasnt shot for running or stealing. He was shot because he tried to take the guys gun.
The guy was not a cop and he should not have had a gun pulled on another citizen. Plus I seriously doubt if he tried grabbing a gun when 2 men are armed with guns against him.

The guy was not a cop and he should not have had a gun pulled on another citizen. Plus I seriously doubt if he tried grabbing a gun when 2 men are armed with guns against him.
Why do you think only cops can pull a gun on someone? Thats just stupid.

Some people have the rightful gonads to prevent their possessions from being stolen
Those who don’t work and don’t buy won’t understand that
There is no evidence this guy stole anything. Those who are white and racist don’t understand that.

Why do you think only cops can pull a gun on someone? Thats just stupid.

What's stupid is this attempt to create a story making this guy a criminal to justify this killing.

A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

Neither the father nor son have been charged with Arbery's killing.

So now you can't jog while black.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

Oh that's right there is no more racism in the South anymore.

Guess you can’t jog if you’re a white female either?
What stupid, desperate comparison.
Yes. It's no comparison at all. In one case a perpetrator was brought to trial. In the other case no charges were laid. No comparison at all.

Which will only happen if someone caught it on video, otherwise the normal lies will be accepted.

Does that sound plausible that the black guy saw the white guy with a shot gun and proceeded to attack him? If you were chased and confronted with two armed men knowing you aren't armed, do you attack? Furthermore, how does the white guy get accurate shots off while the two of them are struggling with a shot gun? How does one maneuver a shot gun to shoot it with someone that close to them?

I've read at least four articles on this now and no one seems to know what the black guy was doing wrong. Also, I read an article where the two white guys left a hand gun in an unlocked car and proceeded to have it stolen. Clearly those two are not the sharpest tools in the shed, nor the most responsible with guns.

I'll add this, looking at pictures of both the black guy and the white, my money is on the black guy to win a struggle for the shot gun. This story just doesn't add up to self defense.

And also, who the F thinks it's OK the arm themselves and chase another individual down to question them for a possible past crime??? Who on this board would stand for that? This wasn't self defense. Seems like two overzealous neighborhood vigilantes taking the law into their own hands.
They were just doin' a little hunting.

We need more information to make that determination. But, I have to say that's my impression as well. Other neighbors had already called 911. What exactly did they think they were going to do?

This is the definition of voluntary manslaughter in Georgia. If charges were brought against these two a competent DA and reasonable jury could get this at least. They shouldn't make the mistake of going after 1st or 2nd degree murder.

Voluntary manslaughter – Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another while under the influence of a sudden and violent passion. This passion must be caused by a serious provocation that would create such passion in a reasonable person. An example of a sufficient provocation would be a person catching his or her spouse in the act of adultery. Voluntary manslaughter is punishable by one to 20 years in prison.

A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

Neither the father nor son have been charged with Arbery's killing.

So now you can't jog while black.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

Oh that's right there is no more racism in the South anymore.
That would be straight up murder.

Am I missing some facts here?

Forum List

Back