A 7-Day Workweek Could Soon Be Legal in Wisconsin

for the ignorant

this law only affects jobs that have seasonal surges

like christmas, yaknow when tons of people order tons of useless shit...

If the crap you buy doesn't get to the stores the next person can't buy it.

No company can or will attempt for make anyone work 7 days a week year around b/c they wouldn't be able to hire anyone.

this is just more ignorant leftist crying over nothing, well, the lose of government tyranny hurts you pussies, but suck it up

If that's the best crap that the GOP can come up with----they are beyond worthless. Nothing says love the working man with crap like this.

Why do you hate working people? Sometimes it's nice to get in a few extra hours to buy the finer things in life.

Why do you insist on returning to a feudal society?

Why do you insist on holding people down, Ive worked many 80 hour weeks, you know what it got me, more money.

Yep, this looks fantastical. It hits factories and retail. Further, it's also going to gut the "living wage" law and take out the the process of taking your case to the Department of Workforce Development.

Budget amendment would allow 7-day workweeks

Moving the goal post already I see, the thread is on the 7 day week. But tell me, exactly what is a living wage in WI?

Wisconsin’s GOP is trying to nix an existing law that requires employers in the manufacturing and retail sectors to give employees at least 24 hours off during each consecutive seven-day period. Currently, for an employee to skip his or her weekly day off, an employer has to get approval from the state’s Department of Workforce Development. The Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce association—a staunch advocate of the bill—suggests that the step is onerous and unnecessary, since the department has approved 733 such requests over the past five years, a number they imply means that the department is rubber-stamping the requests. Supporters also suggest that the plan ultimately helps employees who want to work more hours.
Will Wisconsin Have 7-Day Workweeks - The Atlantic

Yep. The GOP is awesome.

Morons.
Yeah man, that double-overtime pay sucks. It makes you buy things like good food, houses and boats and college education for your kids.

/sarcasm

Conservatives want almost everyone to work more, and work harder, and enjoy life less.

Almost. The exceptions conservatives make are for conservatives.

And get paid less.

If that's the best crap that the GOP can come up with----they are beyond worthless. Nothing says love the working man with crap like this.

Why do you hate working people? Sometimes it's nice to get in a few extra hours to buy the finer things in life.

Why do you insist on returning to a feudal society?

Why do you insist on holding people down, Ive worked many 80 hour weeks, you know what it got me, more money.

Yep, this looks fantastical. It hits factories and retail. Further, it's also going to gut the "living wage" law and take out the the process of taking your case to the Department of Workforce Development.

Budget amendment would allow 7-day workweeks

Moving the goal post already I see, the thread is on the 7 day week. But tell me, exactly what is a living wage in WI?

It's Wisconsin- which has in the last five years become synonymous with screwing the workers. It's ongoing. In fact, the article that I linked to also covers on demand work.Clearly you ignored that and/or the fact that it effects retail.

"Living wage" means compensation for labor paid, whether by time, piecework, or otherwise, sufficient to enable the employee receiving the compensation to maintain himself or herself under conditions consistent with his or her welfare."

Walker and Republicans have decided to strike that language to minimum wage which would end two lawsuits AND get rid of the process to contest it. You know, to take it to an outside force to analyze it.

But, do go on about your glory days.

for the ignorant

this law only affects jobs that have seasonal surges

like christmas, yaknow when tons of people order tons of useless shit...

If the crap you buy doesn't get to the stores the next person can't buy it.

No company can or will attempt for make anyone work 7 days a week year around b/c they wouldn't be able to hire anyone.

this is just more ignorant leftist crying over nothing, well, the lose of government tyranny hurts you pussies, but suck it up

Because you say so. Because every company is on the up and up.

Construction workers do 7 12's all the time....................Stop your whining............

Construction workers are faced with feast or famine. Further, undocumented workers lower the wages. Sometimes eagle, you have to get off your ass and say something even if it doesn't directly effect you.

What is all the fucking whining about? Shit happens, sometimes grinding out some blood, sweat, and tears is what it's going to take to hold the ship together. Why should I be prevented from having an employee work 7 days in the work week, yet be able to work them 12 days straight by spreading it out over two work weeks?

I don't like having to bring people in for long stretches without a day off. But sometimes it happens. People leave for new opportunities, or they get dismissed for doing something stupid, and all of a sudden you're short handed in the middle of a busy month. What am I supposed to do? Tell my boss to close up shop until we find full replacements?

It's very simple, if you don't like your job, then leave. That is your power as an employee. If I mistreat my staff, they aren't going to stay. I'll always be looking for new people, and I'll always be under manned. I don't ask extraordinary things from my staff lightly. And I don't ask my boss for overtime permission lightly, nor does he approve it lightly. So stop with the "OMG businesses hate their employees and want to abuse them" nonsense.

This week, presidential candidate Jeb Bush was harshly criticized for saying that the solution to some of America’s economic woes could be solved if Americans worked more hours. Republican politicians in Wisconsin are trying to make this theory reality, with a proposal to allow seven-day workweeks.

I believe we merely need sufficient social morals for free from the right to bear true witness to a federal Doctrine in American law regarding employment at will; and let capital do the work under our form of Capitalism.

Those laws protecting one day a week for prayer are so obsolete in this day of "president" worship! Why are you liberals not out thumping the tubs to make this modernization the law or the entire land?

Construction workers do 7 12's all the time....................Stop your whining............

Are they forced to, Dottie?
What's this dottie shit...........

If the job is scheduled for 7 12s in the construction field..............such as shut downs..........and you don't show up you'll be replaced............................

Current policy if you go on a shutdown now, where I work, is the 14th day off...........required..............company policy not State policy.............but it's not standard or across the board in the industry..............................when these plants shut down..........they need them back as soon as possible and they work 24 hours a day........7 days a week until it's back on line............

It's standard in the construction field.........

Again, cry me a river.

Wisconsin’s GOP is trying to nix an existing law that requires employers in the manufacturing and retail sectors to give employees at least 24 hours off during each consecutive seven-day period. Currently, for an employee to skip his or her weekly day off, an employer has to get approval from the state’s Department of Workforce Development. The Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce association—a staunch advocate of the bill—suggests that the step is onerous and unnecessary, since the department has approved 733 such requests over the past five years, a number they imply means that the department is rubber-stamping the requests. Supporters also suggest that the plan ultimately helps employees who want to work more hours.

Yep. The GOP is awesome.

Morons.

Yes, comrade, the bourgeoisie is oppressing the proletariat.

So why don't workers who don't like their hours just get a different job?

Construction workers are faced with feast or famine. Further, undocumented workers lower the wages. Sometimes eagle, you have to get off your ass and say something even if it doesn't directly effect you.
Of course it's feast or famine.............always has been that way....................but if you are not required to stay with that company if you don't want to work yourself into an early grave...............

I do these shut downs occasionally..................sometimes to the limit of 14 hours..............but they only occur every once in a while...................and the 14 hour days only if you are behind schedule.................................Not to mention if you need a personally day off in these events, you can still get them...............just don't make a habit of it....................

Further confirmation of the right’s contempt for working Americans.

This is one of many examples of failed conservative dogma, the errant notion that the employer/employee relationship can be returned to a pre-Lochner paradigm where workers are at ‘liberty to contract,’ this is reactionary idiocy, unfounded, devoid of merit, and harmful to working Americans.

Yep. The GOP is awesome.

Morons.
Go crap in your hat.
Gov't should not be dictating terms of employment. That's between employee and employer. And yes, what do people have against employees wanting to better themselves and take home more money?

This is one of many examples of failed conservative dogma, the errant notion that the employer/employee relationship can be returned to a pre-Lochner paradigm where workers are at ‘liberty to contract,’ this is reactionary idiocy, unfounded, devoid of merit, and harmful to working Americans.
It is libs who have contempt for working Americans, thinking they are too stupid to do anything without help from Big Daddy Government. Why do you oppose giving people a choice?

Working 12 days straight with no day off = everything's fine

Working 7 day straight that happen to all fit into one pay week = contempt for working Americans?

You sir, are a lunatic.

Forum List

Back