A bit more of your merciful god.

You may believe in one God but there are thousands of conceptions of gods. Not just by coincidence, your God is the geographically, culturally appropriate God for this portion of the globe. Other portions have similarly geographically, culturally appropriate gods.

Shirley, just a coincidence.
How many came back from the dead?

You may believe in one God but there are thousands of conceptions of gods
Absolutely. One God, but thousands of ways to perceive God. And "thousands" is probably an understatement. He is greater than our own limited conceptions and ideas.

Most people like to think that a being worthy of worship is held to higher standards than us mere mortals
God holds Himself to the highest standards of all. If He did not, there would have been no need to Yeshua to pay the price for sin. God could have just said, "Never mind, let's just forget about it". Instead, He dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's so no one will be able to say they are judged unfairly.

Let's put it this way. Would you have said God was unjust had He wiped out Nazi Germany and Japan, killing men, women and children and all their animals? Or is it only justified when man takes violent action?

God does not punish those who repent and seek Him. A great Biblical scholar such as yourself will remember Jonah, who got ticked off because he went through so much drama and trauma, only to see the people he preached to repent and be spared God's judgement. He wanted to see fireworks destroy a wicked people and got nothing. Obviously, no one at the time of the flood was interested in repentance, and the Bible described them as such.
Jonah is a comic nouvella.. The ending of the story is a riot.

The same can be said for a great many things, that does not make them inspired by a deity. People who hear the Koran have their lives changed, it is also the inspired word of God?

People who heard/read Zig Ziglar had their lives changed, is he a god?

Zig Ziglar never claimed to be God.

Also, there's a difference between merely improving in a certain area of one's life, and being radically transformed - as million (or even billions) of people have in the last 2000 years when they came to faith in Jesus.

As hadit said, the amount of dramatically changed lives for the better is just one of the many different types of evidence that Jesus is God and the Gospel is true.

I don't think people who have not gone through that can understand it.

Absolutely. One God, but thousands of ways to perceive God. And "thousands" is probably an understatement. He is greater than our own limited conceptions and ideas.

Perceptions can be false though, so a perception and a way are two entirely different things.

Not sure where you are getting the idea that people drowned in ankle deep water.
I'm not sure why anyone would take the fable of Noah seriously.

The fable has it that only Naoh and his immediate family survived. What happened to the people in China, South America, the European Continent, etc.?

Seems you missed reading much of the Old Testament
It would seem that you are ignoring the New Covenant. Read up on what Christ said, then get back to me.

I am a Christ follower, remember? I am also not an Israeli Jew, defending their homeland.

I'm not sure why anyone would take the fable of Noah seriously.

The fable has it that only Naoh and his immediate family survived. What happened to the people in China, South America, the European Continent, etc.?
Thought you and I agreed that the flood was local, not planet-wide?

It would seem that you are ignoring the New Covenant. Read up on what Christ said, then get back to me.

I am a Christ follower, remember? I am also not an Israeli Jew, defending their homeland.

So, we agree there was a time that God told people to kill the infidels.

Forum List

Back