A bitter pill from the heartland.

They aren't lies. That's the point of the column. I see it had no affect on you. It's unfortunate but not unexpected.
unctuous
1712147575925.png

The March 25 edition of the New Yorker magazine offers some insight. It includes a detailed review of a new book about Adolf Hitler, focused on the year 1932. It’s called “Takeover: Hitler’s Final Rise to Power” and is by historian Timothy W. Ryback. It explains how German leaders – including some in the media -- thought they could use Hitler as a means to get power for themselves and were willing to look past his obvious deficiencies to get where they wanted. In tolerating and using Hitler as a means to an end, they helped create the monstrous dictator responsible for millions of deaths.

How are those German leaders different from people in Congress saying the election was stolen or that Jan. 6 was not an insurrection aimed at destroying our government? They know the truth, but they deny it. They see Trump as a means to an end – power for themselves and their “team” – even if it means repeatedly telling lies.

How are YOU any different from them?

It has nothing to do with the current situation, except Biden is a lot like Weimar, useless and feckless.

All the "industrialists" of the modern era are with the Dems.

It has nothing to do with the current situation, except Biden is a lot like Weimar, useless and feckless.

All the "industrialists" of the modern era are with the Dems.
How are those German leaders different from people in Congress saying the election was stolen or that Jan. 6 was not an insurrection aimed at destroying our government? They know the truth, but they deny it. They see Trump as a means to an end – power for themselves and their “team” – even if it means repeatedly telling lies.

How are YOU any different from them? The sad truth is you are just like them.

Not really. There are millions of Trump supporters who believe in the Big Lie.

Very really. The Dems love their BLM/Anti-fa goons. On the other hand I and almost everyone else on the right have no use for the KKK or neo-nazis.

Whatever agency they have comes from Dems trying to equate them to anyone to the right of Mitt Romney.

The March 25 edition of the New Yorker magazine offers some insight. It includes a detailed review of a new book about Adolf Hitler, focused on the year 1932. It’s called “Takeover: Hitler’s Final Rise to Power” and is by historian Timothy W. Ryback. It explains how German leaders – including some in the media -- thought they could use Hitler as a means to get power for themselves and were willing to look past his obvious deficiencies to get where they wanted. In tolerating and using Hitler as a means to an end, they helped create the monstrous dictator responsible for millions of deaths.

How are YOU any different from them?
It’s called “Takeover: Hitler’s Final Rise to Power” and is by historian Timothy W. Ryback. It explains how German leaders – including some in the media -- thought they could use Hitler as a means to get power for themselves and were willing to look past his obvious deficiencies to get where they wanted.
are you comparing Trump or Biden to Hitler?

seems to me that biden is the one relying on leaders to get thru the day, not trump.

How are YOU any different from them? The sad truth is you are just like them.

Those German leaders were mostly fans of the previous regime, and saw Weimar as unable to contain a possible communist overthrow. They also saw Hitler as a means to an end to re-armament.

The Nazis never talked about stolen elections, they made elections meaningless, much like the Dems are doing with ballot harvesting and other nefarious methods of rigging the vote.

I am not, and your constant attempt to make anyone to the right of Mitt Romney = Nazi is pathetic and seen through.

Those German leaders were mostly fans of the previous regime, and saw Weimar as unable to contain a possible communist overthrow. They also saw Hitler as a means to an end to re-armament.

The Nazis never talked about stolen elections, they made elections meaningless, much like the Dems are doing with ballot harvesting and other nefarious methods of rigging the vote.

I am not, and your constant attempt to make anyone to the right of Mitt Romney = Nazi is pathetic and seen through.
Sadly, many believe the lies. They trust people in authority, without questioning the obvious discrepancies or relying on their own eyes. These are the people who take offense to the truths we tell about Trump.

He's describing you.

Sadly, many believe the lies. They trust people in authority, without questioning the obvious discrepancies or relying on their own eyes. These are the people who take offense to the truths we tell about Trump.

He's describing you.

Actually he is describing collectivists like you. Your side is based on groupthink, submits to groupthink, and destroys anyone outside the groupthink.

Don't try using mutilated history to make your points here. I've read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, The 1000 year Reich, and parts of Mein Kampf amongst other source materials. You are out of your league here.

are you comparing Trump or Biden to Hitler?

seems to me that biden is the one relying on leaders to get thru the day, not trump.
I'm agreeing with the author of the column about the parallels between the silence of prominent Germans during Hitler's rise to power and the silence of prominent Repubs who do not speak out in opposition to..........for example..........Trump's attacks on members of the justice system. But I'm concerned the analogy is too complex for the simple minded.

I'm agreeing with the author of the column about the parallels between the silence of prominent Germans during Hitler's rise to power and the silence of prominent Repubs who do not speak out in opposition to..........for example..........Trump's attacks on members of the justice system. But I'm concerned the analogy is too complex for the simple minded.

Schumer attacked Republican appointed SC justices over Roe, or did you forget about that?

Actually he is describing collectivists like you. Your side is based on groupthink, submits to groupthink, and destroys anyone outside the groupthink.

Don't try using mutilated history to make your points here. I've read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, The 1000 year Reich, and parts of Mein Kampf amongst other source materials. You are out of your league here.

Try not to take it so personally. Don't be so embarrassed about being conned. Trump is a professional who has conned people far smarter than you.

Try not to take it so personally. Don't be so embarrassed about being conned. Trump is a professional who has conned people far smarter than you.

"Truths". More opinions parading as fact.

"Truths". More opinions parading as fact.
As for those who equate Trump and Joe Biden, that’s false equivalency. Biden has done nothing remotely close to the egregious, anti-American acts of Trump. We can debate the success and mindset of our current president, as we have about most presidents in our lifetimes, but Biden was never a threat to our democracy. Trump is. He is unique among all American presidents for his efforts to keep power at any cost.

Forum List

Back