A bizarre juxtaposition

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
The country has undergone some dramatic changes just over the last two weeks: People hunkering down, avoiding crowds, business changing the way they conduct business, strict personal rules about what you can do and what you can no longer do.

But when you watch television and the interlude of commercials come on, it's like an eerie look two weeks back into the past: People out walking on the sidewalks, going to stores, restaurants and bars, and being within inches of each other's faces.

It just feels strange seeing how life was two weeks ago, compared to the way it is now.

The country has undergone some dramatic changes just over the last two weeks: People hunkering down, avoiding crowds, business changing the way they conduct business, strict personal rules about what you can do and what you can no longer do.

But when you watch television and the interlude of commercials come on, it's like an eerie look two weeks back into the past: People out walking on the sidewalks, going to stores, restaurants and bars, and being within inches of each other's faces.

It just feels strange seeing how life was two weeks ago, compared to the way it is now.

The only real thing I miss is the Sunday Morning Breakfast with friends and the middle of the week unscheduled coffee shop runs. Other than that, at my age, not a whole lot has changed. But the younger people are probably going bat shit crazy right about now.

• Banned

The only real thing I miss is the Sunday Morning Breakfast with friends and the middle of the week unscheduled coffee shop runs. Other than that, at my age, not a whole lot has changed. But the younger people are probably going bat shit crazy right about now.

The convenience stores shut down the self-serve coffee, but they'll fill up a cup for you here. No doughnuts though, unless they're pre-packaged.

The convenience stores shut down the self-serve coffee, but they'll fill up a cup for you here. No doughnuts though, unless they're pre-packaged.

Yeah, I was offered something from a Persian bake shop that was baked today and I refused and explained you do not know who has this virus, so I an not taking any chances...

I miss fresh baked goods...

Last edited:

Talking about commercials , this one definitely goes against the way people are acting under the Wuhan Virus mantra. Should roll up the window, drive off without even glancing at the moron Doug.

It is amazing seeing the vacant streets and driving by empty stores and restaurants

Finally, life as I always wanted it to be...

omega-man-1.jpg

Talking about commercials , this one definitely goes against the way people are acting under the Wuhan Virus mantra. Should roll up the window, drive off without even glancing at the moron Doug.

I adore that emu. I'd steal that beastie, lol!

I watched drone footage of usually packed streets in Vegas and LA. They were empty.

Surreal

I don't know about everyone else, but my way of life hasn't changed any.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't know about everyone else, but my way of life hasn't changed any.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
We are on lockdown

Forum List

Back