A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

Here is a thought

Value human life
Tell that to the store clerk. Like the Koreans who defended their stores with shotguns during the LA riots these people play hardball and aren't persuaded by any white guilt notions of letting robbery go because the amount was petty.
Theft is theft in the immigrant community and it is deterred by the strongest means possible.

Isn't diversity wonderful?
Let’s tell it to the clerk

His life was not in danger, the kid had left the store, he was shot in the back three times

The clerk then did not call the police or an ambulance and left him for hours to bleed to death

Murder

The only thing I find fault in is he didnt call the cops.
People here claim he killed over a beer,I'd hazard to guess it was far more than a beer.
As in he's been robbed blind by these fucks for an extended period of time.....we'll call it the cumulative effect.
Unfortunately for the soon to be Harvard graduate he was the culmination of that cumulative effect.

Shopkeeper should be prosecuted.

However, the dumb ass thief took his chances and lost.

Think of it the same as if you were to walk up to a random person and punch them in the face as a goof.

Maybe you punched someone who won’t do anything....maybe you punched a psycho will kill you.

You don’t know.....SO DONT GO UP AND PUNCH A RANDOM PERSON IN THE FACE.

The consequences are on you.

Lefties don’t understand the concept of consequences
Geez that would be responsibility which is code for onerous white oppression and racism.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Imagine if the guy just didn’t steal the beer?

This could all have been avoided.

Stealing is immoral and illegal. Don’t do it.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.
Respect another mans right to make an honest living.
Yes but can we let the punishment fit the crime?

Here's the thing....
You can bet the farm that this wasnt the first time.
How many times had he called the cops over shoplifting only to have them tell him there was nothing they could do?
You can only push a man so far before he goes off.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.
Punishments do fit the crime when there is much time to deliberate. When it happens on the spot then that standard cannot be applied.

We had the time to contemplate the crimes of Wall Street bankers and decided to allow them all walk free with their millions in stolen money.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.
Punishments do fit the crime when there is much time to deliberate. When it happens on the spot then that standard cannot be applied.

We had the time to contemplate the crimes of Wall Street bankers and decided to allow them all walk free with their millions in stolen money.

Yeah?
And whose fault is that?

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
He'll be out in 7 years. Looking for payback.

Read more at msn.com

images

Wrong as always
The thief destroyed two families

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.

Yeah?
And whose fault is that?

Everyone's. I find it a bit mind boggling how so many can get so upset over a stole beer but said little to nothing about stolen millions. In many cases the same people will even defend that.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.

Apples oranges

Here's a thought.

Yeah?
And whose fault is that?

Everyone's. I find it a bit mind boggling how so many can get so upset over a stole beer but said little to nothing about stolen millions. In many cases the same people will even defend that.

Look to our politicians.

Here's a thought.

Yeah?
And whose fault is that?

Always the deflections.

It’s right there in the NRA handbook:

Only fire your weapon at another person if your life or the life of another is threatened and if a black steals a $2 beer. Blacks only, Mexicans, Asians and Whites exempt.

Read more at msn.com

images

He'll be out in 7 years. Looking for payback.
You think so ? lol he's dead meat in prison Black guys looking to kill his ass

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.

Apples oranges

No, it's telling. That you even try and deflect from my point is telling.

Yeah?
And whose fault is that?

Always the deflections.
Responsibility bounces right off of them

Read more at msn.com

images

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?

It’s right there in the NRA handbook:

Only fire your weapon at another person if your life or the life of another is threatened and if a black steals a $2 beer. Blacks only, Mexicans, Asians and Whites exempt.
My copy says OR a 2 dollar beer.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.

Here's the thing....
You can bet the farm that this wasnt the first time.
How many times had he called the cops over shoplifting only to have them tell him there was nothing they could do?
You can only push a man so far before he goes off.
And now he goes off to prison for murder. See how that works?

Read more at msn.com

images

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?
It was in this case.

Forum List

Back