A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

Here's a thought.
Respect another mans right to make an honest living.
Yes but can we let the punishment fit the crime?
Punishments do fit the crime when there is much time to deliberate. When it happens on the spot then that standard cannot be applied.

We had the time to contemplate the crimes of Wall Street bankers and decided to allow them all walk free with their millions in stolen money.
Apples oranges

No, it's telling. That you even try and deflect from my point is telling.
Now we are onto it’s my fault
You guys are funny
Telling-ooooh. I have been seriously condemned by an emotionally disabled

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
He'll be out in 7 years. Looking for payback.
You think so ? lol he's dead meat in prison Black guys looking to kill his ass

He'll be fine.
He'll just join one of those infamous muslim prison gangs we've all heard about.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
Wrong as always
The thief destroyed two families
Imbecile. The thief did not make the murderer shoot him. :cuckoo:

A few years ago one of the Korean store owners shot and killed a teen girl who stole an orange juice. The Korean had been shoplifted almost to bankruptcy. So much had been stolen that she couldn't afford to restock. Fed up with the entitlement to steal she shot the next little thief.

It isn't an orange juice. It isn't a beer. It's someone's life being bled off. Why? Because of a perception among a certain race that they have a right to steal. Michael Brown felt the same way. He had a right yo steal Swisher Sweets. He's dead too. Good riddance to them both.

You're disgusting.

Punishments do fit the crime when there is much time to deliberate. When it happens on the spot then that standard cannot be applied.

We had the time to contemplate the crimes of Wall Street bankers and decided to allow them all walk free with their millions in stolen money.
Apples oranges

No, it's telling. That you even try and deflect from my point is telling.
Now we are onto it’s my fault
You guys are funny
Telling-ooooh. I have been seriously condemned by an emotionally disabled

I'm not "you guys".

Read more at msn.com

images

As much as you and I interact on this forum, you don't know that I worked in a prison for along time? Your remark is total crap. Never gonna happen unless the guy wants to risk his life. We'll just list this as another one of your remarks that is completely devoid of reality.

Read more at msn.com

images

Wrong as always

Yeah?
And the guy protecting his business didnt make the shithead steal beer.

Read more at msn.com

images

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?
There are actually freaks here defending murder. <smh>

Read more at msn.com

images

Wrong as always
Sure he did. Stealing from someone is the same as saying shoot me.

As much as you and I interact on this forum, you don't know that I worked in a prison for along time? Your remark is total crap. Never gonna happen unless the guy wants to risk his life. We'll just list this as another one of your remarks that is completely devoid of reality.
Time will tell I believe he's in big trouble in prison

Wrong as always

Yeah?
So? I didn't say he did.

And what do you base your opinion on? I base mine on being a corrections officer for a long time. Actually seeing people like this shooter and how they are treated and how they are protected.

Wrong as always
Sure he did. Stealing from someone is the same as saying shoot me.
:cuckoo:

Read more at msn.com

images

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?
Lol
No doubt that guy should not have to shot him, but shit happens.

But it was totally avoidable if he would not have stolen that beer, It’s incredibly hard for me to feel sorry for him.
Some people are too stupid for their own good

Last edited:
And what do you base your opinion on? I base mine on being a corrections officer for a long time. Actually seeing people like this shooter and how they are treated and how they are protected.
How are child molesters treated in jail ,,,and I didn't know you were a corrections officer tough job ,,BTW How was epstein protected?

Read more at msn.com

images

The guy should have called the cops after shooting the low life no doubt.
I look at it like this,you know damn good and well this wasnt an isolated incident.
The guy reached his breaking point and the soon to be Harvard grad was the unlucky one who broke the camel's back.

Wrong as always

Yeah?
So? I didn't say he did.

So you admit your first statement is invalid.

A few years ago one of the Korean store owners shot and killed a teen girl who stole an orange juice. The Korean had been shoplifted almost to bankruptcy. So much had been stolen that she couldn't afford to restock. Fed up with the entitlement to steal she shot the next little thief.

It isn't an orange juice. It isn't a beer. It's someone's life being bled off. Why? Because of a perception among a certain race that they have a right to steal. Michael Brown felt the same way. He had a right yo steal Swisher Sweets. He's dead too. Good riddance to them both.

Dallas DA's plan to give petty criminals a pass could backfire, police leaders argue | Courts | Dallas News

District Attorney in Dallas Wants to Decriminalize Theft

Read more at msn.com

images

The guy should have called the cops after shooting the low life no doubt.
I look at it like this,you know damn good and well this wasnt an isolated incident.
The guy reached his breaking point and the soon to be Harvard grad was the unlucky one who broke the camel's back.
Wrong. He should not have shot him at all. He was in zero danger. Had he called police, there's a chance they would have found the teen alive and he'd have faced attempted murder charges instead of 2nd degree murder.

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Imagine if the guy just didn’t steal the beer?

This could all have been avoided.

Stealing is immoral and illegal. Don’t do it.

Here is a thought

Value human life

Here's a thought.
Respect another mans right to make an honest living.

Here's the thing....
You can bet the farm that this wasnt the first time.
How many times had he called the cops over shoplifting only to have them tell him there was nothing they could do?
You can only push a man so far before he goes off.
And now he goes off to prison for murder. See how that works?

Yep, lots of hassle avoided if the thief didn’t steal.

Forum List

Back