A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
He'll be out in 7 years. Looking for payback.
You think so ? lol he's dead meat in prison Black guys looking to kill his ass
As much as you and I interact on this forum, you don't know that I worked in a prison for along time? Your remark is total crap. Never gonna happen unless the guy wants to risk his life. We'll just list this as another one of your remarks that is completely devoid of reality.
Time will tell I believe he's in big trouble in prison

Eddie, he will be out on bail. Trial two years out. By that time...probation for cleaning up some thugs. Cant jail a muslim with a business.
He's in jail now awaiting sentencing and he's facing a maximum of 60 years.

Here's the thing....
You can bet the farm that this wasnt the first time.
How many times had he called the cops over shoplifting only to have them tell him there was nothing they could do?
You can only push a man so far before he goes off.
And now he goes off to prison for murder. See how that works?

Yep, lots of hassle avoided if the thief didn’t steal.
Robberies have consequence, often real bad, oh my, how unfair to be held responsible cry libs.

Breaking our laws do have consequences for some. The shop owner was also held to the consequences of our laws. I still hate the idea that only some are held responsible for breaking our laws, but if you are for enforcing our laws, you have also support what happened to the shop owner.

Of course.

Laws are laws.

I think the point of most conservatives in this thread is don’t fucking steal in the first place and then you don’t have to worry about the shop owner killing you for stealing.

Many who argue this also defend others breaking the laws. Yes, mine is a generalization but things like violating a persons civil rights is still breaking the law.

And now he goes off to prison for murder. See how that works?

Yep, lots of hassle avoided if the thief didn’t steal.
Robberies have consequence, often real bad, oh my, how unfair to be held responsible cry libs.

Breaking our laws do have consequences for some. The shop owner was also held to the consequences of our laws. I still hate the idea that only some are held responsible for breaking our laws, but if you are for enforcing our laws, you have also support what happened to the shop owner.

Of course.

Laws are laws.

I think the point of most conservatives in this thread is don’t fucking steal in the first place and then you don’t have to worry about the shop owner killing you for stealing.

Many who argue this also defend others breaking the laws. Yes, mine is a generalization but things like violating a persons civil rights is still breaking the law.

Yep, shopkeeper should be held accountable and he was.

As much as you and I interact on this forum, you don't know that I worked in a prison for along time? Your remark is total crap. Never gonna happen unless the guy wants to risk his life. We'll just list this as another one of your remarks that is completely devoid of reality.

Eddie, he will be out on bail. Trial two years out. By that time...probation for cleaning up some thugs. Cant jail a muslim with a business.
Well, killing two birds with one stone...
At least that community has one less gangbanger want-to-be to deal with. Lol

You keep repeating the same lie does not make it true. I think he'll be out in less than 10 years.

I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.

How come I'm not in your hall of fame ?? Not quite good enough

If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?
Lol
No doubt that guy should not have to shot him, but shit happens.

But it was totally avoidable if he would not have stolen that beer, It’s incredibly hard for me to feel sorry for him.
Some people are too stupid for their own good

In this case the law has been enforced but justice denied.

Black teens cause all kinds of mayhem...we see it reported on here constantly from attacking Jews in N.Y. to old ladies in various locales not even to mention the billions of dollars the blacks shoplift every year.

I have no problem at all in not having any sympathy for the black teen. They feel so entitled that they will brazenly shoplift knowing that no one will try and stop them....big surprise in this case.

On the other hand it is quite clear also that this is a case of a minority allowed into this nation with their alien religious beliefs as well as their radical cultural practices.

Who pushes to allow muslims to come here? Liberals of course.

Thus this case highlights two liberal mistakes....glorifying blacks and promoting muslim immigration. the chickens have come home to roost.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?

If and only if a black teenager steals a beer; isn't that a capital crime in most Red States?
Lol
No doubt that guy should not have to shot him, but shit happens.

But it was totally avoidable if he would not have stolen that beer, It’s incredibly hard for me to feel sorry for him.
Some people are too stupid for their own good

In this case the law has been enforced but justice denied.

Black teens cause all kinds of mayhem...we see it reported on here constantly from attacking Jews in N.Y. to old ladies in various locales not even to mention the billions of dollars the blacks shoplift every year.

I have no problem at all in not having any sympathy for the black teen. They feel so entitled that they will brazenly shoplift knowing that no one will try and stop them....big surprise in this case.

On the other hand it is quite clear also that this is a case of a minority allowed into this nation with their alien religious beliefs as well as their radical cultural practices.

Who pushes to allow muslims to come here? Liberals of course.

Thus this case highlights two liberal mistakes....glorifying blacks and promoting muslim immigration. the chickens have come home to roost.
Yep,
A Muslim doing an eye for an eye.... to a gangbanger want-to-be... Is a perfect storm of “just deserves” lol

You keep repeating the same lie does not make it true. I think he'll be out in less than 10 years.
I've told no lie. It's not a lie just because you can't recognize reality.

Sadly, conservatism rots the brain.

Lol
Political correctness has made you fucking retarded

Read more at msn.com

images

If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
You're a small businessman trying to compete but your livelihood is taken every day two to three times a day, three or four times a week and you say you wouldn't do anything? great it easy to say when it's not you that has been stolen from. It's really easy to say you wouldn't do it when it wasn't you that it was done to.

Read more at msn.com

images

You're a small businessman trying to compete but your livelihood is taken every day two to three times a day, three or four times a week and you say you wouldn't do anything? great it easy to say when it's not you that has been stolen from. It's really easy to say you wouldn't do it when it wasn't you that it was done to.
Urban America is fucking insane

Yeah, a $2 beer is not worth killing anyone over.
The clerk was wrong in this instance.

now who is the snowflake?

by NOT defending the death of a thief who stole a 2$ beer you have betrayed the core principles of conservatism. Your membership has been revoked (we're keeping your money) and we shall all now consider you a traitor and an enemy to America!

enjoy

Here is a thought

Value human life
Tell that to the store clerk. Like the Koreans who defended their stores with shotguns during the LA riots these people play hardball and aren't persuaded by any white guilt notions of letting robbery go because the amount was petty.
Theft is theft in the immigrant community and it is deterred by the strongest means possible.

Isn't diversity wonderful?
Let’s tell it to the clerk

His life was not in danger, the kid had left the store, he was shot in the back three times

The clerk then did not call the police or an ambulance and left him for hours to bleed to death

Murder
Yes, He should do time for shooting him. Most people would agree with that.

But at the same time it’s really hard to feel sorry for that guy that got himself shot, That whole situation was 100% avoidable by the shit stain that got shot. It’s not like he was trying to steal diapers or something like that… It was a beer. You know what? Karma is a fucking bitch, What comes around goes around, Eating and shitting in the same place you live... Or any other little saying you want to put in after that.

The sorry ass shit stain only has himself to blame... he will not be missed

Burglary was punished by death under common law for centuries. It wasn’t simply theft, which is a separate offense. It was always defined as occurring on the premises of another. Originally only houses but every state now extends that to an owners place of business.
It was the terror, intimidation and threat to peace of mind of decent citizens that the punishment of burglary was intended to address.

People are tired of it and there is no reason a man trying to make a living should have to put up with it from a parasite. Of course the law is the recourse hoped for. But the law has been castrated in many areas for fear of “youths” going on a rampage if it is enforced.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That doesn't justify murder.
It depends entirely on one's moral sense. I personally believe the thief got exactly what he deserved and that a lesson was learned by all who might be inclined to steal.

I've lived in that reality you imbecile. Until he's actually sentenced and put into prison, anything can happen. He could even hang himself in his jail cell unless he's free on bond. If he is free he could return to the old country.

Yeah, a $2 beer is not worth killing anyone over.
The clerk was wrong in this instance.

Just started reading this OP and all ready knew what words of wisdom I was going to use when Marion Morrison used common sense and said what needed to be said...

A $2.00 Beer is bio-waste and a loss leader victim... Hell I would have give the kid a straw to drink that crap instead of shooting him...

Forum List

Back