A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
You're a small businessman trying to compete but your livelihood is taken every day two to three times a day, three or four times a week and you say you wouldn't do anything? great it easy to say when it's not you that has been stolen from. It's really easy to say you wouldn't do it when it wasn't you that it was done to.
Actually, I said what I would do. It's not my problem you are learning impaired.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
If you are repeatedly robbed how do you react when you catch a thief red-handed and they run? I don't know how I would react maybe you should hold off judgment and put yourself in his place.
I wouldn't kill someone. I would report it to the police and turn over any surveillance video available to identify the thief. The murderer was in no danger. The thief had left the store and the owner ran out after him and chased him down to shoot him. That's murder for which a jury found him guilty. He's destroyed two families and he's now facing a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison.
You're a small businessman trying to compete but your livelihood is taken every day two to three times a day, three or four times a week and you say you wouldn't do anything? great it easy to say when it's not you that has been stolen from. It's really easy to say you wouldn't do it when it wasn't you that it was done to.
Actually, I said what I would do. It's not my problem you are learning impaired.
Lol
Says a politically correct retard

Tell that to the store clerk. Like the Koreans who defended their stores with shotguns during the LA riots these people play hardball and aren't persuaded by any white guilt notions of letting robbery go because the amount was petty.
Theft is theft in the immigrant community and it is deterred by the strongest means possible.

Isn't diversity wonderful?
Let’s tell it to the clerk

His life was not in danger, the kid had left the store, he was shot in the back three times

The clerk then did not call the police or an ambulance and left him for hours to bleed to death

Murder
Yes, He should do time for shooting him. Most people would agree with that.

But at the same time it’s really hard to feel sorry for that guy that got himself shot, That whole situation was 100% avoidable by the shit stain that got shot. It’s not like he was trying to steal diapers or something like that… It was a beer. You know what? Karma is a fucking bitch, What comes around goes around, Eating and shitting in the same place you live... Or any other little saying you want to put in after that.

The sorry ass shit stain only has himself to blame... he will not be missed

Burglary was punished by death under common law for centuries. It wasn’t simply theft, which is a separate offense. It was always defined as occurring on the premises of another. Originally only houses but every state now extends that to an owners place of business.
It was the terror, intimidation and threat to peace of mind of decent citizens that the punishment of burglary was intended to address.

People are tired of it and there is no reason a man trying to make a living should have to put up with it from a parasite. Of course the law is the recourse hoped for. But the law has been castrated in many areas for fear of “youths” going on a rampage if it is enforced.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That doesn't justify murder.
It depends entirely on one's moral sense. I personally believe the thief got exactly what he deserved and that a lesson was learned by all who might be inclined to steal.
Ok, you're a suck fuck. Noted.

The surveillance video would have been more than sufficient to prosecute a petty theft in court, except I really do not like those either, because retail shopkeepers deepfake them to frame suspects, circulate fake wanted posters, and impose arbitrary property ban lists and shitlists at similar stores nationwide.

Small retail, boutique shop and convenience store owners are suffering from Kristallnacht syndrome, and the rest of us are unable to save them from their own damnation in their broken windows.

Lol
Says a politically correct retard
Actually 2.00 beer is like piss in a bottle Shoulda let the kid take 2 And Fawn a retard ?? One of the best posters here

Let’s tell it to the clerk

His life was not in danger, the kid had left the store, he was shot in the back three times

The clerk then did not call the police or an ambulance and left him for hours to bleed to death

Murder
Yes, He should do time for shooting him. Most people would agree with that.

But at the same time it’s really hard to feel sorry for that guy that got himself shot, That whole situation was 100% avoidable by the shit stain that got shot. It’s not like he was trying to steal diapers or something like that… It was a beer. You know what? Karma is a fucking bitch, What comes around goes around, Eating and shitting in the same place you live... Or any other little saying you want to put in after that.

The sorry ass shit stain only has himself to blame... he will not be missed

Burglary was punished by death under common law for centuries. It wasn’t simply theft, which is a separate offense. It was always defined as occurring on the premises of another. Originally only houses but every state now extends that to an owners place of business.
It was the terror, intimidation and threat to peace of mind of decent citizens that the punishment of burglary was intended to address.

People are tired of it and there is no reason a man trying to make a living should have to put up with it from a parasite. Of course the law is the recourse hoped for. But the law has been castrated in many areas for fear of “youths” going on a rampage if it is enforced.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That doesn't justify murder.
It depends entirely on one's moral sense. I personally believe the thief got exactly what he deserved and that a lesson was learned by all who might be inclined to steal.
Ok, you're a suck fuck. Noted.
Lol
You do realize stealing is every bit the crime/sin any other crime/sin is...

Yeah, a $2 beer is not worth killing anyone over.
The clerk was wrong in this instance.

Just started reading this OP and all ready knew what words of wisdom I was going to use when Marion Morrison used common sense and said what needed to be said...

A $2.00 Beer is bio-waste and a loss leader victim... Hell I would have give the kid a straw to drink that crap instead of shooting him...
Are you nuts? A straw? I hope it would not be plastic!

Read more at msn.com

images

I'm glad it wasn't a Honky that whacked Dorian, else there would be rioting.

This kind of case is perplexing to libs, as they become unsure of what privileged group to support here- muslims or blacks.

Read more at msn.com

images

This kind of case is perplexing to libs, as they become unsure of what privileged group to support here- muslims or blacks.
Fret not. They'll let him loose after a few years. Then he can plan his jihad.

Read more at msn.com

images

Sure you did you're such a rock of composure when it's not you that's being stolen from.

Time will tell I believe he's in big trouble in prison

Eddie, he will be out on bail. Trial two years out. By that time...probation for cleaning up some thugs. Cant jail a muslim with a business.
He's in jail now awaiting sentencing and he's facing a maximum of 60 years.
You keep repeating the same lie does not make it true. I think he'll be out in less than 10 years.
I've told no lie. It's not a lie just because you can't recognize reality.

Sadly, conservatism rots the brain.
I've lived in that reality you imbecile. Until he's actually sentenced and put into prison, anything can happen. He could even hang himself in his jail cell unless he's free on bond. If he is free he could return to the old country.
And I still told no lie -- which is why you can't quote me telling one.

Sure you did you're such a rock of composure when it's not you that's being stolen from.
Regardless, you idiotically thought I wouldn't do anything in response to me saying what I would do. There is no cure for conservatism. It's an incurable disease that rots the brain.

Read more at msn.com

images

Fret not. They'll let him loose after a few years. Then he can plan his jihad.

Why wasn't this guy deported before he shot one of our black youths, America's sacred cow

Regardless, you idiotically thought I wouldn't do anything in response to me saying what I would do. There is no cure for conservatism. It's an incurable disease that rots the brain.

Lol why you guys always taken our words for liberalism. Can you come up with your own things or is that just a side effect for your mental illness.

Forum List

Back