A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

I speak from my knowledge of the penal code in CA. Fl's law - stand your ground - is not justice, it's an excuse for murder.

Second-degree murder is defined as an intentional killing that was not premeditated. In some states, second-degree murder also encompasses “depraved heart murder,” which is a killing caused by a reckless disregard for human life. Second-degree murder is often seen as a catch-all category for intentional or reckless killings that do not fall within a state’s definition of first-degree murder. For instance, in California second-degree murder is defined as all murders that do not constitute first-degree murder. Understanding the precise contours of second-degree murder therefore requires looking to the laws of your particular state.

Second-Degree Murder Law | Justia
1) Zimmerman was not standing.

2) Zimmerman was simply defending his life. It had zero to do with Stand you Ground laws.

3) Stand you Ground Laws simply protect people who shoot in fear of losing their lives. It is not murder when the criminal can simply NOT ATTACK YOU.

I speak from my knowledge of the penal code in CA. Fl's law - stand your ground - is not justice, it's an excuse for murder.

Second-degree murder is defined as an intentional killing that was not premeditated. In some states, second-degree murder also encompasses “depraved heart murder,” which is a killing caused by a reckless disregard for human life. Second-degree murder is often seen as a catch-all category for intentional or reckless killings that do not fall within a state’s definition of first-degree murder. For instance, in California second-degree murder is defined as all murders that do not constitute first-degree murder. Understanding the precise contours of second-degree murder therefore requires looking to the laws of your particular state.

Second-Degree Murder Law | Justia

Wrong.

According to California's self-defense laws, a person cannot be charged or found guilty of murder or a violent crime if said action was done to protect oneself or another person. ... It's treated as one of the more severe crimes.

Can You Be Charged With Murder in California For Killing Someone in Self-Defense?| Simmrin Law Group

You are trying to quote facts to a Woketard.

sounds like you need a hobby if you have that much free time.

The jury found Zimmerman to be innocent. In order to do that they had to conclude Zimmerman was not the aggressor. I have written many articles on this subject. I suggest you use the USMB search engine and research the word “Zimmerman” to find the articles submitted by me, The Professor. I have a JD (doctorate in law) and I fully explained why Zimmerman was not at fault in any way. I am too damn old (79) to keep repeating myself for the benefit of those who should know better and would know better if they had the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity.

You have the last word.

Your opinion is your opinion. Nothing happens if Zimmerman had minded his own business.

He was part of the neighborhood watch.
So he was minding his business.

Bullshit. He was told to let real police respond, and he didn't, only because he had a loaded gun.

So why did Traygone after reaching home go back to confront Zimmerman?

Did he? I doubt anyone alive knows what transpired between the two, only Zimmerman whose testimony would be less than credible.

Zimmerman was/is a wannabe cop, most wash out before their background check is completed, some are terminated before completing probation, and some go south 'cause we didn't see how biased they were, or on the job they burn out.
Trayvon Martin was a Gay Basher?
And not surprisingly, this pathetic plot seems to boil down to that favorite old-fashioned hetero hazing sport known as gay bashing. According to Ms. Jeantel, Trayvon Martin thought Zimmerman was Gay, so dear little Tray felt quite free to beat the unholy crap out of this guileless guy.
Normal US citizens hate you liberals with a passion because you fuckers are always trying to defend the crooks and dont give a rats ass about law abiding citizens. Just another example how you are a worthless fucking moron who has no clue what is going on around you.

Your opinion is your opinion. Nothing happens if Zimmerman had minded his own business.

Bullshit. He was told to let real police respond, and he didn't, only because he had a loaded gun.

Did he? I doubt anyone alive knows what transpired between the two, only Zimmerman whose testimony would be less than credible.

Zimmerman was/is a wannabe cop, most wash out before their background check is completed, some are terminated before completing probation, and some go south 'cause we didn't see how biased they were, or on the job they burn out.
Trayvon Martin was a Gay Basher?
And not surprisingly, this pathetic plot seems to boil down to that favorite old-fashioned hetero hazing sport known as gay bashing. According to Ms. Jeantel, Trayvon Martin thought Zimmerman was Gay, so dear little Tray felt quite free to beat the unholy crap out of this guileless guy.
Normal US citizens hate you liberals with a passion because you fuckers are always trying to defend the crooks and dont give a rats ass about law abiding citizens. Just another example how you are a worthless fucking moron who has no clue what is going on around you.

The vile liberals, once again, manage to bog the issue down with semantics.

BUT, according to the girl Martin was on the phone with, during the incident, what Martin said, translated to as "gay".

The girl, not only was a member of the same language group as Martin, but knew him personally, and thus is very much in a position to judge what he meant, by "creepy ass cracker".

We are now seeing the destruction of liberalism when two of their ideologies start to clash.
George Zimmerman a White Latino, minority class, thought to be gay by Trayvon Martin, who was beating the shit out of George.
Trayvon Martin a black criminal, who smoked dope, was beating George to a pulp because he thought George was gay, ended up being shot by George in self defense. Who has more rights in that case? George did because "gay" had more protections than black.

We are now seeing the destruction of liberalism when two of their ideologies start to clash.
George Zimmerman a White Latino, minority class, thought to be gay by Trayvon Martin, who was beating the shit out of George.
Trayvon Martin a black criminal, who smoked dope, was beating George to a pulp because he thought George was gay, ended up being shot by George in self defense. Who has more rights in that case? George did because "gay" had more protections than black.

Martin is a criminal and Zimmerman is not. Thus Martin gets the nod as the Over Victim, and Zimmerman becomes "white".

He was protecting his business? Bullshit, most likely he suffers from the Zimmerman Syndrome - a desire to kill someone with a gun and be thought of as a hero by callous creeps like you.

There is one hell of a difference between the two cases.

Zimmerman acted in self-defense and was acquitted by a jury. The clerk did not act in self defense and had no other legal justification for the shooting. He was appropriately convicted by a jury.

Zimmerman was the aggressor. He was doing the very thing many here claim they would shoot people for if done to them.

The jury found Zimmerman to be innocent. In order to do that they had to conclude Zimmerman was not the aggressor. I have written many articles on this subject. I suggest you use the USMB search engine and research the word “Zimmerman” to find the articles submitted by me, The Professor. I have a JD (doctorate in law) and I fully explained why Zimmerman was not at fault in any way. I am too damn old (79) to keep repeating myself for the benefit of those who should know better and would know better if they had the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity.

You have the last word.

He was a wanna be.

A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead
A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.
I am sick and tired of people thinking that they can do whatever they want to illegally, and have no repercussions for their actions. The parents of the teen need to be slapped upside their heads for allowing their idiot son to go and rob a convenience store especially when it is alcohol the teen isnt supposed to take. I am just sorry that the clerk has now got to face the full force of the Democrat Party, because when an illegal shoots a young girl who dies in her fathers arms, the illegal is let go, this clerk will be made an example of. Fuck you all liberals, I hate your stinking guts.
darwin-awards.jpg
'Death' for stealing beer does sound a little bit "harsh". So we should outlaw Alcohol again! If not for the Evil Alcohol the child would never have been in the situation. Lots of innocent people are killed every year by drunk drivers, Alcohol is a catalyst for a lot of crime, death, and destruction. But the Govt. collects billions of dollars in taxes from it's production and sale. Then they get paid again by the people who are dumb enough to drink and drive. What a racket! :booze:

Death was for being a dumbass that robbed the wrong convenience store.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
How about you act like a black thug expect the worst from a righteous muslim....who wasn't afraid to confront a thief, nor worry about being called racist by a shit like you...I know, you didn't call him racist...but you would have if Anwar was white....so predictable
And the murderer is face 60 years in prison.

and you didn't answer the question... you think stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?

If you are going to do a robbery then don't be surprised by the consequences. Sometimes it won't go like you think it should.

No life is worth a $2 beer, the kid shouldn't have stole the beer, but the clerk didn't need to kill a fleeing thief. It's cold blooded murder.

I hope those of you who think it’s okay to murder someone who’s running away and not threatening anyone don’t call yourselves Christians.

If you do, stop it.

No life is worth a $2 beer, the kid shouldn't have stole the beer, but the clerk didn't need to kill a fleeing thief. It's cold blooded murder.
Says the guys who murder babies in or out of the womb, just for body parts of those babies. Your morals just dont add up.

Dumb idiot didn't think out his robbery too well, did he? Darwinism at work.

I hope those of you who think it’s okay to murder someone who’s running away and not threatening anyone don’t call yourselves Christians.

If you do, stop it.
I dont think it is very Christian of a teen who is under age to drink beer, steals a beer. Is that very Christian of him? Also is it Christian of an illegal alien who has been deported 5 times, shoots and kills a young girl who didnt rob anyone but dies in her fathers arms? Boy you guys are such fucking hypocrites.

If you do, stop it.

I didn't murder anybody. Just pointing out the stupidity of idiot that did the robbery.

However, to address your point the guy that killed the little thieving shithead doesn't look to be a Christian to me. He looks to be one of Obama's Muslim buddies. If Obama was still President he would have one hell of dilemma on his hands, wouldn't he? Kiss the ass of the Muslim or kiss the ass of the Neggra thief?

Says the guys who murder babies in or out of the womb, just for body parts of those babies. Your morals just dont add up.

I'm pro-life. That applies to everyone. If that is your position then you can't defend what went on here. Or you have no place in calling out others.

No one has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense.

If you do, stop it.

I didn't murder anybody. Just pointing out the stupidity of idiot that did the robbery.

However, to address your point the guy that killed the little thieving shithead doesn't look to be a Christian to me. He looks to be one of Obama's Muslim buddies. If Obama was still President he would have one hell of dilemma on his hands, wouldn't he? Kiss the ass of the Muslim or kiss the ass of the Neggra thief?
As we have seen lately, Obama was more Muslim than he was black, because he invited the Muslim Brotherhood into the White House but prevented his black pastor Reverend Wright from entering. Also we saw how he treated Muslims who shot up not only whites and blacks also, treated that as "workplace violence" but threw the book at people in Chicago where they went on a black shooting spree.
When two liberal minorities class, it is laughable watching them screw each other the most.

You have the last word.

There was an eye witness that said that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and beating him. Another witness right after the killing saw Zimmerman and said "it looks like he got his butt beat."

2 Witnesses Say Zimmerman Was Beaten

I like this part of the story the best:

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Forum List

Back