A boy, pledge of allegiance, and gay marriage

The Arkansas Times made no attempt to interview the teacher or the principal. They just took what a 10-year-old and his parents said and ran with this. Not even some other classmates to collaborate the story.

I don't trust the journalism of this story enough to make any kind of comment on what Phillips reportedly did.

ETA: I found a more trustworthy source:

http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-nwa-west-fork-pledge-student,0,3913097.story

Here they're reporting the school district doesn't require students to recite the pledge of allegiance... but then why was Phillips badgered for not doing so by the substitute teacher and what's the school board's stance on that? Nobody's asking that question it seems.

Last edited:
Arkansas Times

:razz: :clap2:

A boy refused to stand up and pledge allegiance in classroom in support of gay marriage.

Read ze article.

So this one learned to bend over and shit on national respect due to cheap special interest propaganda at a young age!

Should we be surprised?

This is a pretty piss poor way of trying to change things, if one feels so strongly about it. Look how Obama ended up, he shits on national respect as president.

How wonderful. :ahole-1:

Mike

This post combined with your sigline makes you a fucking joke, you realize that?

I had a Puerto Rican student refuse to stand for the Pledge. He claimed he was "Puerto Rican and not American" Um ok. His real reason was he was just lazy and defiant. The principal said "That's ok". Shortly thereafter half the class refused to stand because they were "too tired". We might as well do away with it. Losers often win. Esp. in public education.

I had a Puerto Rican student refuse to stand for the Pledge. He claimed he was "Puerto Rican and not American" Um ok. His real reason was he was just lazy and defiant. The principal said "That's ok". Shortly thereafter half the class refused to stand because they were "too tired". We might as well do away with it. Losers often win. Esp. in public education.

Personally, I am of the opinion that if you do not feel inclined to pledge allegiance to the country, that is your right. However, you should also be prepared to seek a new homeland and fuck off out of the USA.

I'm harsh like that. Living outside the USA makes one appreciate just how very cool the USA is.

Personally, I am of the opinion that if you do not feel inclined to pledge allegiance to the country, that is your right. However, you should also be prepared to seek a new homeland and fuck off out of the USA.

I'm harsh like that. Living outside the USA makes one appreciate just how very cool the USA is.

At the same time though, when I visited London on the 4th of July and saw a couple of firecrackers, I had some kind of split love for both places. You might know what I'm saying...

[/tangent]

I had.a fit about it with the principal. I knew the kids didn't have to say it, but they were still expected to stand. When I tell a student to "sit" and he refuses, he can be disciplined. When I tell him to "stand" he can ignore me. Makes sense eh? I believe there is a law in NJ that everyone must stand for the Star Spangled banner at public events. I guess we are teaching kids to disobey the law. Yep. I think we are,

At the same time though, when I visited London on the 4th of July and saw a couple of firecrackers, I had some kind of split love for both places. You might know what I'm saying...

[/tangent]

I had an Independence Day party last year. One of my English friends asked my why it's not celebrated in England - I said "what's to celebrate, you lost!" LOL. She's not very smart - she also asked why the English don't celebrate Thanksgiving. I explained Thanksgiving as "We celebrate leaving this God-forsaken hole of a country and finding a better one". I'm mean!

Personally, I feel no loyalty to the UK - I like the country, and the people here are - for the most part - pretty cool but I have no love for it. It's not my country.

[/tangent]

I had an Independence Day party last year. One of my English friends asked my why it's not celebrated in England - I said "what's to celebrate, you lost!" LOL. She's not very smart - she also asked why the English don't celebrate Thanksgiving. I explained Thanksgiving as "We celebrate leaving this God-forsaken hole of a country and finding a better one". I'm mean!

Personally, I feel no loyalty to the UK - I like the country, and the people here are - for the most part - pretty cool but I have no love for it. It's not my country.

Really she asked why Independence Day wasn't celebrated in England? LMFAO! If she asked me I would have told her to study her history sometime.

I differentiate between "loyalty" and "love" in the sense I used it. I don't particularly care for a parliamentary form of government and a meaningless crown where the Queen is nothing more than a figurehead with plenty of guards and no legal authority. I found the people in Hammersmith nothing short of pleasant though.

I had.a fit about it with the principal. I knew the kids didn't have to say it, but they were still expected to stand. When I tell a student to "sit" and he refuses, he can be disciplined. When I tell him to "stand" he can ignore me. Makes sense eh? I believe there is a law in NJ that everyone must stand for the Star Spangled banner at public events. I guess we are teaching kids to disobey the law. Yep. I think we are,

I guess you went into teaching to have captives you can browbeat. Betcha no one but the little asskissers "like" teacher!

Back in the day, when the "prayer" was still part of the protocol, there was a bitch that every damned day had the Jewish kids march outside the class and close the door while everyone else said it. Most of her students, after all this time, still remember her as a hateful bitch.

There are some that should never be allowed the privilege of teaching.

Children forced to participate in what is nothing more than rote hypocrisy are taught that fronting and being hypocritical and "lip service" are OK.

I guess you went into teaching to have captives you can browbeat. Betcha no one but the little asskissers "like" teacher!

Back in the day, when the "prayer" was still part of the protocol, there was a bitch that every damned day had the Jewish kids march outside the class and close the door while everyone else said it. Most of her students, after all this time, still remember her as a hateful bitch.

Children forced to participate in what is nothing more than rote hypocrisy are taught that fronting and being hypocritical and "lip service" are OK.

And people like you are why, generation upon generation, we are getting dumber. Any reasonably intelligent person knows that you kinda need to 'force' kids - otherwise they don't learn.

Why am I not surprised that you're not smart enough to see that.

Teaching isn't a 'privilege', it's a profession. Having children is the privilege - pity more parents don't understand that.

You do us all proud by NOT teaching. It must be your personal public service. Thank you.

Having an empty head and being a bitch is not a good combination for much of anything, really.

Last edited:
Arkansas Times

:razz: :clap2:

A boy refused to stand up and pledge allegiance in classroom in support of gay marriage.

Read ze article.

So this one learned to bend over and shit on national respect due to cheap special interest propaganda at a young age!

Should we be surprised?

This is a pretty piss poor way of trying to change things, if one feels so strongly about it. Look how Obama ended up, he shits on national respect as president.

How wonderful. :ahole-1:

Mike

This post combined with your sigline makes you a fucking joke, you realize that?

Do you realize that you just expressed something completely meaningless to this thread, let alone to me?

Mike

Somebody needs to explain a Constitutional right versus a religious ceremony to this kid. Learning that you can be a loyal American and say the Pledge, while disagreeing on an issue might be a good lesson too. The only thing these parents taught was acting out in public will garner you attention.

Exactly, showing personal disrespect for ones country is not a productive way to finding solutions in order to change issues important to us!

Mike

Forum List

Back