A Canadian Cartoonist Was Fired For This Cartoon...

Justified firing or more political correctness?

• I'm a liberal and I think it was justified.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a liberal and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm a conservative and I think it was justified.

• I'm a conservative and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I'm independent and I think it was justified.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'm independent and I think it was political correctness.

• Total voters
That "cartoon" is an international outrage. And it was intended to be that way.

I agree-----it should be disallowed on the basis of public obscenity. I think that the
US still has anti-obscenity laws ---right?
Does Canada? Can children buy the publication in which that filth appeared?

No, because there is no such publication, because it didn't appear in one, because it was never submitted to one.

:banghead:

That "cartoon" is an international outrage. And it was intended to be that way.

I agree-----it should be disallowed on the basis of public obscenity. I think that the
US still has anti-obscenity laws ---right?
Does Canada? Can children buy the publication in which that filth appeared?

No, because there is no such publication, because it didn't appear in one, because it was never submitted to one.

:banghead:

oh GOOD----thanks Pogoid

This thread if nothing else demonstrates how many of us (OK how many of you) are willing to take off with the power of suggestion, absent actual evidence behind that suggestion. It's as if Emotion is all you need.

The *FIRST* thing to do in ANY story is to verify that it's real. If it doesn't pass that crucial test ---- IT'S NOT A THING. And if it's not a thing, its "merits", its arguments for or against, DO NOT EXIST.

"Social media" they call it. What a total load of bullshit.

It is the company choice.

Would I have fired him?

In America no but in Canade most likely because of their laws.

Once AGAIN --- he wasn't fired and his absence-of-firing has nothing to do with anybody's "laws".

Well provide the link to show he wasn't fired because it was on flipboard that he was dismissed.

Also Canada has laws that will regulate your speech, so shut up for once about that does not factor in.

Does NO ONE read the thread before they post???

POST 31. LAST NIGHT.

I read the subject the OP'er posted and answered his question and no I am not going to go through a few pages to find your fucking link!

Then you'll continue to flail about cluelessly arguing a point that doesn't exist.

Your choice. And an interesting one, to demand "provide the link to show he wasn't fired", get provided that link, and then go "I'm not reading your fucking link!" :crybaby:Then why did you just ask for it??

And why is it that so many of y'all wags just skip right past all that? Could it be that nobody's words matter except Numero Uno's?

Well it could be because MSM got it wrong and I was answering the OP'er question and I really do not give a fuck what you have to say about anything because you are nothing but a clueless troll.

So again I was answering the OP'ER question and it is you that is crying like the little bitch here about how the individual was not fired.

So complain to the Op'er and MSM and not me or just be the whiner that you are!

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

Whatever it was it was in very poor taste and was complete bullshit so the cartoonist deserved to have his ass fired.

--- for a cartoon he never submitted, to an employer he never had. Get that sumbitch off the field he's "fired". From a position he doesn't have in the first place.

Critical thinking is truly a lost art.

Posters are answering the Op question, so get off everyone nuts for once!

This thread if nothing else demonstrates how many of us (OK how many of you) are willing to take off with the power of suggestion, absent actual evidence behind that suggestion. It's as if Emotion is all you need.

The *FIRST* thing to do in ANY story is to verify that it's real. If it doesn't pass that crucial test ---- IT'S NOT A THING. And if it's not a thing, its "merits", its arguments for or against, DO NOT EXIST.

"Social media" they call it. What a total load of bullshit.

It was on flipboard which posts news links to stuff like this.

So maybe you should stop before you show how fucking retarded you are!

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?
Definitely should not have been fired. Telling the truth should never be a firing offense.

What truth do you see here other than that these people died trying to cross the border illegally and that Trump plays golf?
That he sees them as obstacles, not people.

First of all, what does that have to do with the two people that died? Secondly, what makes you say that?
What makes him say that is that he hates his country and opposes its very sovereignty in order to destroy it.

That, in turn, is based upon his own self hatred and projection of such upon his entire country.

I'm a liberal and I think it was justified. I agree with people getting fired for anything we don't like.

Does anybody in this thread even know what political correctness IS.

It is the CARTOON that is politically correct, here, not the response to it.

Does anybody actually think the snowflakes so hell bent on controlling what people can say want to silence attacks on Trump?

Definitely should not have been fired. Telling the truth should never be a firing offense.

What truth do you see here other than that these people died trying to cross the border illegally and that Trump plays golf?

First of all, what does that have to do with the two people that died? Secondly, what makes you say that?
Ok, if you can't see it I don't know how I would explain it to you. It looks pretty simple and straightforward to me.

I didn't ask how you interpret the cartoon, I asked why you think Trump sees them as obstacles.
The deaths will make it more difficult to press for harsh measures at the border.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

What makes him say that is that he hates his country and opposes its very sovereignty in order to destroy it.

That, in turn, is based upon his own self hatred and projection of such upon his entire country.
Son, don't be stupider than you have to be.

Ok, if you can't see it I don't know how I would explain it to you. It looks pretty simple and straightforward to me.

I didn't ask how you interpret the cartoon, I asked why you think Trump sees them as obstacles.
The deaths will make it more difficult to press for harsh measures at the border.
You don't care about those unfortunate people. If you did the way you spout for them you would not promote selfish ways of living. You won't enter the real world and figure out that the resources come from someone else when you get the goodies package. And those are mostly in the non privileged jobs.

Forum List

Back