A caretaker told me death is easier when you have a support network and faith in God...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...can you atheists honestly say you will have a good death?

I think there is a strong possibility you won't.

The very second you cross over even if you don't stay you will be convinced of the existence of God....

I feel ready for death because of my faith in God.

Atheists, do you feel ready for death?

I know of Christians who struggled with their impending death, even in the last minutes resist it, while others take their impending death without a struggle at all. People react differently to their impending death, regardless of their religious beliefs or a lack of one.

I think there is a strong possibility that YOU have no idea what you are talking about.....,

Cheers.

I know of Christians who struggled with their impending death, even in the last minutes resist it, while others take their impending death without a struggle at all. People react differently to their impending death, regardless of their religious beliefs or a lack of one.

I think there is a strong possibility that YOU have no idea what you are talking about.....,

Cheers.
But why rely on personal attack in making your point? Are you incapable of making a cogent argument without playing dirty?

Cheers.
But why rely on personal attack in making your point? Are you incapable of making a cogent argument without playing dirty?

Ha ha ha.... what personal attack is that?

Maybe you are trying to avoid the discussion because you can't answer it.....?

Cheers.

I was basing what I said on what a caretaker told me, not my personal experience. I have not ever seen someone experience death.

Cheers.

I was basing what I said on what a caretaker told me, not my personal experience. I have not ever seen someone experience death.

I have. It comes down to whether you are prepared to die at the time. Faith has little to do with it.

Cheers.
Well, if a Christian can feel uneasy with regards to death, I cannot imagine an atheist facing death all alone would feel superior in anyway shape or form. Try to understand that truism.

Good death sounds strange. Anyone can have a bad death like dying in an accident and suffering for a long time before dying or contracting HIV and dying. I've seen aftermath of a brutal, violent death and have seen someone still walking around being advanced HIV+. He was picking up his prescription glasses, and I opened the door for him early in the morning at an optometrist's office, but one look into his eyes and I knew he was dying. I think you mean not being afraid of death. In that case, I would agree with the topic. It doesn't mean non-believers are afraid nor just being believers are not afraid.

is there a correlation for those that die peacefully in their sleep, most likely not. one would like to believe they were sinless in retrospect it seems less likely for the sinners - religion or not would have nothing to do with it.

Cheers.
Isn't this entire thread an attack on atheists?

Isn't this entire thread an attack on atheists?

My opinion is that atheists would be afraid of death more than believers. This is because the current life is all they believe in. Once you die, then that's all folks. They know that you can't take anything with you. However, the believers believe in an everlasting soul that becomes resurrected as one's perfect spiritual body. That is something to look forward to. Both sides know they can't take anything they gotten in this life with them, but what good is it if you gather the world, but lose one's soul in the process.?

Forum List

Back