A clear cut way to end gun fascination in America....listen up

First off you effin moron, this isn't about cops, its about a gun culture that is acceptable because white NRA gun fanatics dominate the conversation. Its about a political culture that caters exclusively to white people again, dismissing the needed conversation...so I'm suggesting another way to initiate the conversation....lets arm every motherfuckin body, starting with Tyrone and ending with Mohamad!!

You start off in the right place, recognizing the poisonous Gun Culture. That IS the root of the problem, you are correct about that.

But the way to get rid of toxin is... uh, not to introduce more of it. You're basically committing the same error the Gun Fetishists do with the whole "good guy with a gun" routine --- trying to put out a fire by dousing it with gasoline.

You don't control a malaria epidemic by introducing more malaria to those who don't yet have it. All that does is make it worse.

You mean like the fact....yes, the fact.....that as more law abiding Americans have purchased, owned and carried guns in this country...our gun murder rate has gone down?

You mean like the fact, yes, the fact, that as more law abiding Americans have owned and carried guns our gun suicide rate has gone down, not up......?

You mean like the fact, yes, the fact, that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun accident rate and our accidental gun death rate has gone down, not up.......?

You mean like that?

The law abiding gun culture is a responsible and safe group...they use guns for hunting, self defense, sport, collecting and tinckering....and do so without shooting each other.

The democrat gun culture though.....confined mostly to democrat inner cities is responsible for the majority of gun murder in this country.....violent criminal democrats shooting other violent criminal democrats over criminal enterprises......

Uh ......nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno, none of those either. See, I have no use for Post Hoc fallacies.

Criminals don't have political parties btw. Except in the comic books wherein you live.

Nope…the gangs in Chicago elect their aldermen…….they are all democrats.

Of course they are. :rolleyes:

And maybe while we're at it we should note that Adolf Hitler and Rasputin and King Herod and in fact everybody who ever committed a crime, reported or not, was a "Democrat". I believe they were founded by The Devil Himself.

Also flies, mosquitoes and the Ebola virus. All "Democrats".

Holy shit, grow up.

Yes they are……here is an in depth article by Chicago magazine…

Gangs and Politicians in Chicago: An Unholy Alliance

At some of the meetings, the politicians arrived with campaign materials and occasionally with aides. The sessions were organized much like corporate-style job fairs. The gang representatives conducted hourlong interviews, one after the other, talking to as many as five candidates in a single evening. Like supplicants, the politicians came into the room alone and sat before the gang representatives, who sat behind a long table. “One candidate said, ‘I feel like I’m in the hot seat,’” recalls Baskin. “And they were.”

The former chieftains, several of them ex-convicts, represented some of the most notorious gangs on the South and West Sides, including the Vice Lords, Gangster Disciples, Black Disciples, Cobras, Black P Stones, and Black Gangsters. Before the election, the gangs agreed to set aside decades-old rivalries and bloody vendettas to operate as a unified political force, which they called Black United Voters of Chicago. “They realized that if they came together, they could get the politicians to come to them,” explains Baskin.

The gang representatives were interested in electing aldermen sympathetic to their interests and those of their impoverished wards. As for the politicians, says Baskin, their interests essentially boiled down to getting elected or reelected. “All of [the political hopefuls] were aware of who they were meeting with,” he says. “They didn’t care. All they wanted to do was get the support.”

Baskin declined to name names, but Chicago has learned, through other sources at the meetings, the identities of some of the participants. They include: Aldermen Howard Brookins Jr. (21st Ward), Walter Burnett Jr. (27th), Willie Cochran (20th), and Freddrenna Lyle (6th). Alderman Pat Dowell (3rd) attended a meeting; upon realizing that the participants had close gang ties, she objected but stayed. Also attending were candidates who would go on to win their races, including Michael Chandler (24th) and Roderick Sawyer (6th). Darcel Beavers, the former 7th Ward alderman who would wind up losing her race, and Patricia Horton, a commissioner with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District who lost her bid for city clerk, also met with the group.

and how they affect sentencing and prison sentences...

Gangs and Politicians: Prisoner Shuffle

First off you effin moron, this isn't about cops, its about a gun culture that is acceptable because white NRA gun fanatics dominate the conversation. Its about a political culture that caters exclusively to white people again, dismissing the needed conversation...so I'm suggesting another way to initiate the conversation....lets arm every motherfuckin body, starting with Tyrone and ending with Mohamad!!

You start off in the right place, recognizing the poisonous Gun Culture. That IS the root of the problem, you are correct about that.

But the way to get rid of toxin is... uh, not to introduce more of it. You're basically committing the same error the Gun Fetishists do with the whole "good guy with a gun" routine --- trying to put out a fire by dousing it with gasoline.

You don't control a malaria epidemic by introducing more malaria to those who don't yet have it. All that does is make it worse.

You mean like the fact....yes, the fact.....that as more law abiding Americans have purchased, owned and carried guns in this country...our gun murder rate has gone down?

You mean like the fact, yes, the fact, that as more law abiding Americans have owned and carried guns our gun suicide rate has gone down, not up......?

You mean like the fact, yes, the fact, that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun accident rate and our accidental gun death rate has gone down, not up.......?

You mean like that?

The law abiding gun culture is a responsible and safe group...they use guns for hunting, self defense, sport, collecting and tinckering....and do so without shooting each other.

The democrat gun culture though.....confined mostly to democrat inner cities is responsible for the majority of gun murder in this country.....violent criminal democrats shooting other violent criminal democrats over criminal enterprises......

Uh ......nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno, none of those either. See, I have no use for Post Hoc fallacies.

Criminals don't have political parties btw. Except in the comic books wherein you live.

And maybe while we're at it we should note that Adolf Hitler and Rasputin and King Herod and in fact everybody who ever committed a crime, reported or not, was a "Democrat". I believe they were founded by The Devil Himself.

Holy shit, grow up.

Yes they are….

Our findings:

• While they typically deny it, many public officials—mostly, but not limited to, aldermen, state legislators, and elected judges—routinely seek political support from influential street gangs. Meetings like the ones Baskin organized, for instance, are hardly an anomaly. Gangs can provide a decisive advantage at election time by performing the kinds of chores patronage armies once did.
  • In some cases, the partnerships extend beyond the elections in troubling—and possibly criminal—ways, greased by the steady and largely secret flow of money from gang leaders to certain politicians and vice versa. The gangs funnel their largess through opaque businesses, or front companies, and through under-the-table payments. In turn, grateful politicians use their payrolls or campaign funds to hire gang members, pull strings for them to get jobs or contracts, or offer other favors (see“Gangs and Politicians: Prisoner Shuffle”).
  • Most alarming, both law enforcement and gang sources say, is that some politicians ignore the gangs’ criminal activities. Some go so far as to protect gangs from the police, tipping them off to impending raids or to surveillance activities—in effect, creating safe havens in their political districts. And often they chafe at backing tough measures to stem gang activities, advocating instead for superficial solutions that may garner good press but have little impact.
The paradox is that Chicago’s struggle to combat street gangs is being undermined by its own elected officials. And the alliances between lawmakers and lawbreakers raise a troubling question: Who actually rules the neighborhoods—our public servants or the gangs?

You mean like that?

Holy shit, grow up.

Do some fucking research before you post crap….

And here I was under the misconception that black thugs didn't have a hard time getting guns, and that Hispanic gangs were forced to do drive-by's with apples instead of bullets! Wow, NOW we find out that guns are a white thing!!! The more you know...

Seems to me, when I'm at the firing range, there are also blacks present with their firearms and it doesn't bother me a bit.
A non-violent and legal gun owner is fine with me, regardless of the color of his or her skin. If your state has laws that permit the open carry of firearms, wear them. Use some intellect though. Don't go around waving a handgun or rifle around in a threatening manner; if you do that then the cops have a good excuse to put a bullet in you, regardless of the color of your skin.

Forum List

Back