A conversation with my brother about Trump

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
My brother is not a Trump supporter, but he's been studying the Trump phenomena, and some points. He's been following a blog written by Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert. Here's the latest blog, dated yesterday:

Scott Adams Blog

I think the key to understanding Trump is that if he is a monster, he is a monster that was created by the Republican Party insiders, the Democratic party insiders, the mainstream media insiders, Wall Street insiders, and the entire establishment that has pushed middle class and working class Americans until our backs are against the wall, and then kept pushing until we are gasping in pain.

It's a combination of issues that have people aggrieved, the economy (which never recovers), out of control immigration, free trade which has caused de-industrialization in the northwest and the northeast, energy policies that have shut down coal mines in West Virginia, environmental extremism which has caused loss of jobs all over the country, the BLM which creates anti-land use regulations in the western states, and for some, social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and transgender folks in the restroom. It's all these things, and more, and Americans feel more and more alienated, and if they express their alienation, the establishment scorns them and brands them as bigots.

My brother works at a company that is in the center of all this, and he is afraid to speak his mind on what he really thinks, so he does his job, keeps his mouth shut, and goes home. My father has a friend who is a professor, and knows that if he speaks out, he will be stripped of tenure and fired. Science fiction author Orson Scott Card, author of the Ender science fiction novels, was hired to write the Superman comic books. LGBT tried to get him fired from his position because he opposes same-sex marriage. An executive was appointed to be CEO of a major tech company, but then LGBT found out he gave $1000 to Proposition 8, so they fired him. Multiply this story by millions and we now have millions of Americans who know they are no longer free to express their opinions for fear of destroying their careers.

Suppressing and censoring people in this way causes people to get angry, and anger leads to revolution. Trump is a revolution, because he promises to upend the established order, and overthrow the establishment, and he is saying what many typical Americans are feeling, but are afraid to say. But Trump isn't afraid.

As a conservative, I've been opposed to Trump since the beginning, since he is not a conservative. But conservatives were given their chance to stop what's happening when they took a majority of Congress in 2010, and again in 2014, and they blew it. Other than Ted Cruz, conservatives have done nothing while Obama ran roughshod over this country's laws with unconstitutional executive orders, bullying private enterprise, bullying the states. Conservatives have not stopped the radical LGBT movement from radically altering society with radical new ideas to erase gender distinctions and force us all to live in a world where we all wear uni-sex Mao outfits (like Hillary now does to show us she will lead us in that direction).

Trump is new, and fresh, and bold, and doesn't care what the forces of political correctness say about him. He is a billionaire, so they can't threaten him, or take away his livelihood, there are no levers that can be used to control him, and there are no machines that can be used to crush him. He can't be blackballed, and all attempts to blackball him, he just laughs off and mocks. He is stronger than they are, and the American people who support him understand that, and love him for it.

I'm not saying I will vote for Trump. But I think after talking to my brother, whose opinion I regard highly, I will no longer be as opposed to Trump as I was before. I will wait and see if Trump becomes more Presidential now that he has clinched the Republican nomination, whether he can be magnaminous to former foes, whether he can work with conservatives to form a coalition that can really fix what's wrong with America. Maybe the conservative movement, which has been fixated for so long on the Reagan past, needed this booster shot from an outsider, a change to adapt to the situation we have now.

And what's really important now is that Hillary Clinton never be elected President. That is truly critical, because not only is she a left-wing extremist, but she is a man-hating feminist, and also the most corrupt politician in American history. If she became President, I believe she would literally pardon herself and her husband Bill for all the crimes they've ever committed.

Liberals didn't create Trump you dumbass. He's all yours. As usual, the right doesn't have the integrity it takes to own up to your actions,and want to blame someone else.

Trump isn't Hillary...that's good enough for me

Yabut, you're as dumb as a driveway.

Somme say Trumpery is dragging the Rs down. Nope. He's the result of all the shit from the tee potties and the Pootarians.

WTF did you fools expect?

The irony of Trump is he is more liberal than Hillary and just a bit less than Sanders. His stump speeches are mere rhetoric aimed at the audience and often the area. When he calls out Japan or China for dumping they should pass mirrors out to the audience screaming assent, how many of them support America in their purchases. Few I bet, many probably buy Japanese cars and everything else is made in China. Whose fault is that? Hillary's? Democrats? It is all America's fault including of course corporate greed.

Liberals didn't create Trump you dumbass. He's all yours. As usual, the right doesn't have the integrity it takes to own up to your actions,and want to blame someone else.
Blame??? Blame for what, destroying Hillary's chances of destroying our country? "Thank" would be a more appropriate word.

LOL That should be titled Baaa Baaa. So you don't like Trump but you are going to vote for him for a whole bunch of bullshit from the RWNJ AM radio. LOL

My brother is not a Trump supporter, but he's been studying the Trump phenomena, and some points. He's been following a blog written by Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert. Here's the latest blog, dated yesterday:

Scott Adams Blog

I think the key to understanding Trump is that if he is a monster, he is a monster that was created by the Republican Party insiders, the Democratic party insiders, the mainstream media insiders, Wall Street insiders, and the entire establishment that has pushed middle class and working class Americans until our backs are against the wall, and then kept pushing until we are gasping in pain.

It's a combination of issues that have people aggrieved, the economy (which never recovers), out of control immigration, free trade which has caused de-industrialization in the northwest and the northeast, energy policies that have shut down coal mines in West Virginia, environmental extremism which has caused loss of jobs all over the country, the BLM which creates anti-land use regulations in the western states, and for some, social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and transgender folks in the restroom. It's all these things, and more, and Americans feel more and more alienated, and if they express their alienation, the establishment scorns them and brands them as bigots.

My brother works at a company that is in the center of all this, and he is afraid to speak his mind on what he really thinks, so he does his job, keeps his mouth shut, and goes home. My father has a friend who is a professor, and knows that if he speaks out, he will be stripped of tenure and fired. Science fiction author Orson Scott Card, author of the Ender science fiction novels, was hired to write the Superman comic books. LGBT tried to get him fired from his position because he opposes same-sex marriage. An executive was appointed to be CEO of a major tech company, but then LGBT found out he gave $1000 to Proposition 8, so they fired him. Multiply this story by millions and we now have millions of Americans who know they are no longer free to express their opinions for fear of destroying their careers.

Suppressing and censoring people in this way causes people to get angry, and anger leads to revolution. Trump is a revolution, because he promises to upend the established order, and overthrow the establishment, and he is saying what many typical Americans are feeling, but are afraid to say. But Trump isn't afraid.

As a conservative, I've been opposed to Trump since the beginning, since he is not a conservative. But conservatives were given their chance to stop what's happening when they took a majority of Congress in 2010, and again in 2014, and they blew it. Other than Ted Cruz, conservatives have done nothing while Obama ran roughshod over this country's laws with unconstitutional executive orders, bullying private enterprise, bullying the states. Conservatives have not stopped the radical LGBT movement from radically altering society with radical new ideas to erase gender distinctions and force us all to live in a world where we all wear uni-sex Mao outfits (like Hillary now does to show us she will lead us in that direction).

Trump is new, and fresh, and bold, and doesn't care what the forces of political correctness say about him. He is a billionaire, so they can't threaten him, or take away his livelihood, there are no levers that can be used to control him, and there are no machines that can be used to crush him. He can't be blackballed, and all attempts to blackball him, he just laughs off and mocks. He is stronger than they are, and the American people who support him understand that, and love him for it.

I'm not saying I will vote for Trump. But I think after talking to my brother, whose opinion I regard highly, I will no longer be as opposed to Trump as I was before. I will wait and see if Trump becomes more Presidential now that he has clinched the Republican nomination, whether he can be magnaminous to former foes, whether he can work with conservatives to form a coalition that can really fix what's wrong with America. Maybe the conservative movement, which has been fixated for so long on the Reagan past, needed this booster shot from an outsider, a change to adapt to the situation we have now.

And what's really important now is that Hillary Clinton never be elected President. That is truly critical, because not only is she a left-wing extremist, but she is a man-hating feminist, and also the most corrupt politician in American history. If she became President, I believe she would literally pardon herself and her husband Bill for all the crimes they've ever committed.

What a shocker!

Trump can talk the talk but it remains to be seen if he really wants to walk the walk. In his actions over the years he has yet to separate himself from being part of the establishment. Not that Hillary has any pedestal to stand on, I trust neither.

The irony of Trump is he is more liberal than Hillary and just a bit less than Sanders. His stump speeches are mere rhetoric aimed at the audience

Well I'll be damned! Trump was a liberal all this time more than Hillary, well I guess I know who all the liberals are voting for now. Hillary you're not liberal enough for liberals and also an establishment canidate. Trump Liberals 2016!

Hillary thinks she's entitled to be President because she's a woman, and for that reason alone. Trump is already using Hillary's haughty thinking against her, saying she is using the "Woman Card." Shocking? Yes, but also true. All he has to do is keep repeating it, and it will gradually dawn on even Hillary's supporters that she expects their support for the sole reason that she is a woman.

And Hillary is stupidly falling right into Trump's trap by picking up his insult and trying to turn it into a campaign slogan:

Get your free Woman Card!

Men already overwhelmingly don't like Hillary Clinton, and she is only making matters worse.

Scott Adams Blog

I don't like Trump either, because he is a big government progressive. However, the fact that the establishment of both parties, the MSM, and the oligarchy hate him makes me like him...somewhat.

13119855_495128034006514_2812149764852342197_o.jpg

It's easy to like a guy that is so thoroughly hated by everyone one I despise, people like Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan.

Scott Adams Blog

Nobody cares what your brother thinks.:rolleyes:

Scott Adams Blog

My brother is a well-educated, conservative Republican white male, who lives in Silicon Valley in a technology job. That's not Trump's demographic. The fact that my brother is starting to take Trump seriously is a sign that Trump may actually be able to pull Republicans behind him. My brother's fresh look at Trump has caused me to take a fresh look at Trump, and up to now I was one of his most strident detractors. So yes, my brother's opinion is relevant.

You are just being a troll, and not even a very good troll at that.

Scott Adams Blog

My brother is a well-educated, conservative Republican white male, who lives in Silicon Valley in a technology job. That's not Trump's demographic. The fact that my brother is starting to take Trump seriously is a sign that Trump may actually be able to pull Republicans behind him. My brother's fresh look at Trump has caused me to take a fresh look at Trump, and up to now I was one of his most strident detractors. So yes, my brother's opinion is relevant.

Nobody cares what your brother thinks. If he has something to say, let him get on here and say it: we don't need it regurgitated through you.

Scott Adams Blog

Nobody cares what your brother thinks. If he has something to say, let him get on here and say it: we don't need it regurgitated through you.
Esmerelda, you are being totally worthless in this thread. Either say something intelligent, or get the fuck out.

Forum List

Back