A Cool Idea for Church Services

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
At my sister's parish in [state withheld], they are holding a "Drive-in Easter Sunday Mass."

The Mass will be conducted on a raised platform in the open, by a priest with one or two assistants. Attendees will remain in their cars and listen to the service on their car radios. Cars will be separated - every other parking space. Obviously, attendees can use whatever protective stuff they choose. Or not.

The essence of Christianity is coming together in Christ's Name.

I like it.

Back in the 60's and 70's Easter Sunrise Services at Drive-Ins were a common event. As drive-in faded so did the Sunrise Easter Services

If you go to church during this and pack in with a bunch of other people who spread it around and everyone gets sick could it be called a "biblical plague"?

Many churches will have to close their doors permanently because of this madness the governors have imposed on us.

At my sister's parish in [state withheld], they are holding a "Drive-in Easter Sunday Mass."

The Mass will be conducted on a raised platform in the open, by a priest with one or two assistants. Attendees will remain in their cars and listen to the service on their car radios. Cars will be separated - every other parking space. Obviously, attendees can use whatever protective stuff they choose. Or not.

The essence of Christianity is coming together in Christ's Name.

I like it.
Neat idea, weather permitting. Points for originality as well.

If you go to church during this and pack in with a bunch of other people who spread it around and everyone gets sick could it be called a "biblical plague"?

Part of the risk about living in a community. Viruses and other pathogens are always being spread around. Should "Social Distancing" be the "New Normal" after the Chinese Kung Flu is a part of history?

Part of the risk about living in a community. Viruses and other pathogens are always being spread around. Should "Social Distancing" be the "New Normal" after the Chinese Kung Flu is a part of history?
People will figure it out. Society picks it's own rules in an organic way that mostly defies attempts to guide it. I can promise you one thing though. Christian types are not going to quit hugging all over each other. I hate that shit, my Christian friends know it and yet they still force a hug on me from time to time. People apparently like to hug great big bearded guys.

Forum List

Back