A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

The question you fright-wing Phil-lovers should be asking yourselves is, how Phil could have the integrity to stay on a network that suspended him for expressing his beliefs.

Save yourselves the trouble; he did it for the money. So, he has no integrity.

Carry on.

It's giving him a platform to spread the word of God, and a&e is paying him to do it. Even after they tried to silence him. You cannot make this up.

Yup....it sure is obvious he lost round 1. :lol:

Yup, and now A&E and Phil and the family are all going to make some more money.

Phil knows on what side the bread is buttered.

Why do you think Phil cares? He is wealthy already. And he lives off the land. I highly doubt he is worried about whether A&E carries the show or some other network.

He lives off Piggly Wiggly, Avatar. You better go read some more of Phil.

The question you fright-wing Phil-lovers should be asking yourselves is, how Phil could have the integrity to stay on a network that suspended him for expressing his beliefs. Save yourselves the trouble; he did it for the money. So, he has no integrity. Carry on.
Coming from someone who never so much as saw one of their shows nor knew their names until this controversy started...

He probably had no choice, given contract-wording, however, even if that's not the case...

Who really gives a frog's fat ass?

So long as the goddamned Gay Lobby gets its ears slapped back again...

That's the REAL outcome of this incident...

God bless the American People...
tongue_smile.gif

I actually have seen the show. It's crap. And if you think Phil is in it for anything BUT the money, you're a fool.

Yup, and now A&E and Phil and the family are all going to make some more money.

Phil knows on what side the bread is buttered.

Why do you think Phil cares? He is wealthy already. And he lives off the land. I highly doubt he is worried about whether A&E carries the show or some other network.

He lives off Piggly Wiggly, Avatar. You better go read some more of Phil.

Still lying as normal huh Fakie?

tapatalk post

Yes, Im proud to live in a country where even you are allowed to speak your mind.

So when someone says that Joseph Smith was a dirty stinking Child Molestor and Mormons are stupider than dogshit, you are totally proud to be an American?

Yeah I am proud to live in a country where you can speak your mind, even when it's pure bullcrap.

I have no desire to see your speech stifled. And Im glad we answer to God and not the government for what we say.

Guy, this wasn't an issue of the government telling Redneck what to say.

Quit trying to change the subject.

This was about average citizens saying, "Hey, what you are saying is wrong" and this guy going, "Oh, okay... I won't say it again."

The question you fright-wing Phil-lovers should be asking yourselves is, how Phil could have the integrity to stay on a network that suspended him for expressing his beliefs. Save yourselves the trouble; he did it for the money. So, he has no integrity. Carry on.
Coming from someone who never so much as saw one of their shows nor knew their names until this controversy started...

He probably had no choice, given contract-wording, however, even if that's not the case...

Who really gives a frog's fat ass?

So long as the goddamned Gay Lobby gets its ears slapped back again...

That's the REAL outcome of this incident...

God bless the American People...
tongue_smile.gif

I actually have seen the show. It's crap. And if you think Phil is in it for anything BUT the money, you're a fool.
Like I said, JED... I don't really care... never gave his motives one single iota of thought... machts nichts... so long as the Gay Lobby took one on the chin.

Last edited:
Somehow, I doubt there will be any appreciable 'leash tightening'.

Hell, the Duck Folks will probably be taking their act to another channel as soon as the contract is up, now that A&E has tried (and failed) to throw them under the bus and proven themselves cowardly and untrustworthy and unfriendly and unsympathetic.

And, if the Duck Folk are ultimately headed elsewhere, then, I don't think they'll be worried overly-much about obeying the 'leash', other than the bare-bone minimums required to stay out of court until their contract runs out.

Tell me, which network do you really think is going to welcome these clowns with open arms.

What you guys don't seem to get is that these guys are on Television to be LAUGHED AT. Except when Phil exposed himself as a homophobe and racist, the laughter just got a little more nervous... kind of like when someone makes a completely obscene comment and everyone chuckles nervously.

FOX.

Not a doubt in my mind.

I have read the GQ interview, after being curious as to who the heck this guy was and what he said that was so darned offensive:

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Hmm. Well, its not the show I would want to watch - too much Christian stuff for my liking - all he does is talk about Jesus throughout the interview. I'd tell him to stick a sock in it.

That said, what he said wasn't even that bad. He has the right to his opinions, no matter how stupid and ignorant they are. Its not like he called for the death of homosexuals, or said anything about them like the WBC does.

So when someone says that Joseph Smith was a dirty stinking Child Molestor and Mormons are stupider than dogshit, you are totally proud to be an American?

Yeah I am proud to live in a country where you can speak your mind, even when it's pure bullcrap.

I have no desire to see your speech stifled. And Im glad we answer to God and not the government for what we say.

Guy, this wasn't an issue of the government telling Redneck what to say.

Quit trying to change the subject.

This was about average citizens saying, "Hey, what you are saying is wrong" and this guy going, "Oh, okay... I won't say it again."

You are a lying piece of shit that has been quoting the man out of context. You are a coward.

I have read the GQ interview, after being curious as to who the heck this guy was and what he said that was so darned offensive:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Hmm. Well, its not the show I would want to watch - too much Christian stuff for my liking - all he does is talk about Jesus throughout the interview. I'd tell him to stick a sock in it.

That said, what he said wasn't even that bad. He has the right to his opinions, no matter how stupid and ignorant they are. Its not like he called for the death of homosexuals, or said anything about them like the WBC does.

So you don't like shows that have Christians in them at all or just the ones that have a Christian in them that will answer questions about their religious beliefs when prompted? Do you turn off football games when the hero says something like glory goes to god?

Last edited:

So you don't like Christians at all or just the ones that answer questions about their religious beliefs when prompted?

I have no issue with Christians, but this guy seems to be a real Bible thumper, and those are the Christians I take issue with.

No one said he doesn’t have the right to his opinions, that’s not the issue.

The issue is that members of private society are at liberty to object to what he said, for whatever reason.

Such objections do not constitute ‘censorship.’

Such objections do not ‘violate’ his right to free speech or freedom of religion.

Such objections do not constitute ‘political correctness,’ as there is no such thing.

The network was at liberty to suspend him for whatever reason it wanted, other private entities are at liberty to call for a boycott of the show or petition the sponsors to withdraw support – all of this and more is fair and appropriate in a free and democratic society, where private citizens determine what is or is not appropriate free from interference by the government or the courts.

What we’ve determined is that American conservatives are, for the most part, afraid of such unbridled, full-throated debate concerning the conflicts and controversies of the day; some on the right have actually gone so far as to advocated for laws prohibiting boycotts – such is the depth of conservative fear of open debate.

So you don't like Christians at all or just the ones that answer questions about their religious beliefs when prompted?

I have no issue with Christians, but this guy seems to be a real Bible thumper, and those are the Christians I take issue with.

Just Christians? What about budists, muslims, and jews? How about folks that preach atheism?

Just Christians? What about budists, muslims, and jews? How about folks that preach atheism?

I dislike anyone who pushes their religion on others.

Watch ONE episode, Noomi. Just try it. The deadpan comments, Uncle Si's stories, just the comraderie...it all cracks me up in a good way.
My fav in the show is Phil, and Jase. Willie...not so much. Si? He is just Si, and I like his personality. Try it once for me, Noomi.

No one said he doesn’t have the right to his opinions, that’s not the issue.

The issue is that members of private society are at liberty to object to what he said, for whatever reason.

Such objections do not constitute ‘censorship.’

Such objections do not ‘violate’ his right to free speech or freedom of religion.

Such objections do not constitute ‘political correctness,’ as there is no such thing.

The network was at liberty to suspend him for whatever reason it wanted, other private entities are at liberty to call for a boycott of the show or petition the sponsors to withdraw support – all of this and more is fair and appropriate in a free and democratic society, where private citizens determine what is or is not appropriate free from interference by the government or the courts.

What we’ve determined is that American conservatives are, for the most part, afraid of such unbridled, full-throated debate concerning the conflicts and controversies of the day; some on the right have actually gone so far as to advocated for laws prohibiting boycotts – such is the depth of conservative fear of open debate.

That much is abundantly clear at this point. I wouldn't say "afraid" though; I'd say "terrified"

btw...he only talks religion at the end of the show when they gather at the table and say grace.

Somehow, I doubt there will be any appreciable 'leash tightening'.

Hell, the Duck Folks will probably be taking their act to another channel as soon as the contract is up, now that A&E has tried (and failed) to throw them under the bus and proven themselves cowardly and untrustworthy and unfriendly and unsympathetic.

And, if the Duck Folk are ultimately headed elsewhere, then, I don't think they'll be worried overly-much about obeying the 'leash', other than the bare-bone minimums required to stay out of court until their contract runs out.

Tell me, which network do you really think is going to welcome these clowns with open arms.

What you guys don't seem to get is that these guys are on Television to be LAUGHED AT. Except when Phil exposed himself as a homophobe and racist, the laughter just got a little more nervous... kind of like when someone makes a completely obscene comment and everyone chuckles nervously.

FOX.

Not a doubt in my mind.

Not Fox. Wrong type of show for them. CMT would be my bet.

Forum List

Back